Mass resident carrying in Maine

drgrant, I have my NH NR, that I knew was good for a while. It was the Maine NR that I was wondering about. Once I have that, I would be covered for everywhere I tend to go for vacations and whatnot.

Greg

drgrant, I have my NH NR, that I knew was good for a while. It was the Maine NR that I was wondering about. Once I have that, I would be covered for everywhere I tend to go for vacations and whatnot.

Greg

Sorry, for some reason or another I thought we had drifted onto NH.

-Mike

I would like to get mine also. Just to be sure I have this right, they need photo copies of my Ma ltc, my NH NR ltc, a 2x2 pic of myself, AND a copy saying I had a MA pistol safety course? It was just asked but no answer yet so I'll ask again. How long is the NR permit good for?

Greg

I don't think you need a copy of your NH license. As Hiltonizer said, a MA LTC seems to be sufficient as proof of a safety class. The application form seems daunting at first, but it really isn't. It takes maybe 15 minutes to fill out. I forget how long it takes them to process the application, but I renewed mine two years ago, so the time lag is probably longer now. The Maine permit is good for four years.

OK so just as a time indicator, I sent my paperwork out today and will post when I receive my license. Maybe I'll have it by August.

Greg

My paperwork was just returned. You HAVE to have proof you took a handgun safety course within the last 5 years.. The MA LTC isn't enough. That sucks. Now I'm not sure if I want to bother going through with the process. More paperwork.

Greg

My paperwork was just returned. You HAVE to have proof you took a handgun safety course within the last 5 years.. The MA LTC isn't enough. That sucks. Now I'm not sure if I want to bother going through with the process. More paperwork.

Greg

last 5 years?! So I have to take the course again to get my ME NR? That's retarded. Ill keep open carrying.

Systems to be an odd question but I just took the Utah safety course , wondering if somehow that would help. I don't know if I can sit through another Ma. Safety course without gouging my own eyes out. Why can't they all be like N.H non res. ....you have an LTC in your home state ...yes... You a jackass ...no ...good send me a $100 ill send it out in a month. Done deal

Systems to be an odd question but I just took the Utah safety course , wondering if somehow that would help. I don't know if I can sit through another Ma. Safety course without gouging my own eyes out. Why can't they all be like N.H non res. ....you have an LTC in your home state ...yes... You a jackass ...no ...good send me a $100 ill send it out in a month. Done deal

Now that's way too logical...

Utah class qualiyfies for Maine.

Just don't go to Maine, they really don't want you there anyway.

Same goes for NH.

We do dislike many flatlanders. However it depends on who you are and what you do here. If you come to Maine to visit to live and you are friendly and do not try to make Maine like where you came from all will be well. You will always be a flatlander but you will be part of the community. The dislike is form those who seek to change Maine. Years ago we a influx of folks to the outer side of Beals island Wicked nice views and the people form away had money to build nice houses on the shores there. Then a group of them got together and came to a town meeting and tried to submit a ordnance to BAN to ban running of lobster boats before 11 am because the sound of them offshore disturbed them! This did not go over well.

a group of them got together and came to a town meeting and tried to submit a ordnance to BAN to ban running of lobster boats before 11 am because the sound of them offshore disturbed them! This did not go over well.

People like that need to DIAF

That's a problem everywhere it seems. People leave an area and whant the new one to be what they left behind. I love the Moosehead area. Before getting divorced, we used to stay at the Northwestern section of North bay in Seboomook. I have no problem sleeping in a lean to. Hearing boats or a sea plane coming in were part of being in a secluded area. You just don't change something as relaxing as that. When I want touristy, I'll hit the Hampton, Portsmouth or Kittery area. Where ever you go, you put up with the quirks or don't go there. It's that simple. Kind of got away from the topic but, oh well.

Greg

Nothing loaded in a vehicle, nothing concealed. Maine is nice and easy. Apply for your non-res if your safety course was in the last 5 years, they require one and 5+ year old classes don't count.

If you're Mass course was more than 5 years ago, they will except the Utah course. The key is less than 5 years ago.

OK, went through the course and sent everything back out ALONG WITH MY COURSE CERTIFICATE. My neighbor a few houses down from me teaches the courses to police and other firearm instructors so he set up an appointment for me. NOW maybe this can be a timeline of how long it takes to get one from Maine.

[coffee]

Packet returned again. They want a copy of my birth cert or a passport or INS document. Now I'm getting annoyed and thinking of just taking my chances and say screw them and conceal carry anyway.[angry] I have sent them copies of both my MA and NH licenses, all their paperwork, took the course so they could have a copy of my cert. and went to the post office so I could send a 2x2 pic.

Greg

Packet returned again. They want a copy of my birth cert or a passport or INS document. Now I'm getting annoyed and thinking of just taking my chances and say screw them and conceal carry anyway.[angry] I have sent them copies of both my MA and NH licenses, all their paperwork, took the course so they could have a copy of my cert. and went to the post office so I could send a 2x2 pic.

Greg
Not enough hassle yet.

More cow bell. Gotta be more cow bell.

Greg,

And it should have been returned. It was incomplete. You DID NOT follow the simple check list they provided on the 1st page of the application package. For christ sake man, how much easier can it be made for you!

TO THE NON-RESIDENT APPLICANT:

Please review the copy of the booklet “Laws Relating to permits to Carry Concealed Firearms”. Please
complete and return this entire package with the following items:

Application for Permit to Carry Concealed Firearms
 Two Authority to Release Information Forms (pages 9 & 10).
 Fee of $60.00, or a fee of $2.00 for duplicate or changes of address made payable to:
Treasurer, State of Maine.
 Copies of all concealed firearm permits issued by other states or jurisdictions.
 A copy of your DD-214 form if you were a member of the Armed Forces of the United States.
 A copy of your birth certificate or INS document.
 Must submit one color passport photos (2”X 2”) with your application.
 Proof of knowledge of handgun safety. Please see page 6 paragraph (5) of “Laws Relating to Permits to
Carry Concealed Firearms”.

Greg

When you DO CC without a permit, be sure to come back to this public forum and admit to it. Nothin' beats admitting to crimes on the internet to really get the ol' blood pumpin'!

Just OC. Benefits: no permit required, its OC'ing, everyone sees your gun, your fireahhhm is visible to other people, it's free, can start dramatic threads about other people seeing your gun at an Outback Steakhouse when people see your gun because you're open-carrying....

You KNOW whats going to happen with open carry. Somebody will call the PD and it could be multiple times in one day anywhere you decide to stop.
That's not a benefit to me. I can see it happening at Cabelas, KTP, or anywhere in between at a stop for lunch.

Greg

You KNOW whats going to happen with open carry. Somebody will call the PD and it could be multiple times in one day anywhere you decide to stop.
That's not a benefit to me. I can see it happening at Cabelas, KTP, or anywhere in between at a stop for lunch.

Greg

You're from Mass, ask me how I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom