• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass LTCs now being suspended over Harassment Prevention Orders

Just another tool in the tool bag for the anti's.
So parents show up to school board meeting to protest CRT, Homo sex ed, trans kid bathroom policy, etc. and board members accuse them of harassment and BOOM, there's goes your LTC and firearms.
BRILLIANT!
Never underestimate the Leftist's game plan, they play for keeps.

This is how gun confiscation happens.
Liberty dies an inch at a time.

Just so we are all on the same page, Harassment Prevention Orders are laughably easy to get.

Scheft is an attorney that sells his legal opinions of Mass General Law to Mass Police Departments.

35349329-C320-4452-909B-0A744729AEAF.jpeg
923DF7BF-0B0C-432B-B3BE-16EC44FAC4C4.jpeg
DF69F3B5-666A-4BD0-AA15-DCB04303DC83.jpeg

Notice it is Revocation, not suspension. You aren't getting it back nor the guns and ammo in 99% of the cases in MA.

Since a 258E can issue for something as minor as a neighbor allowing their dog to crap on your property, 3 complaints to PD then file for 258E, losing everything or being sent to jail for 2.5 yrs (and federally PP afterward) is pretty damn severe punishment!!!

I'm so glad to now live in Free America!!

Notice it is Revocation, not suspension. You aren't getting it back nor the guns and ammo in 99% of the cases in MA.

Since a 258E can issue for something as minor as a neighbor allowing their dog to crap on your property, 3 complaints to PD then file for 258E, losing everything or being sent to jail for 2.5 yrs (and federally PP afterward) is pretty damn severe punishment!!!

I'm so glad to now live in Free America!!
Well then keep your damn dog off my lawn! ;)

There are only 2 genders
There are only 2 genders
There are only 2 genders
You're confusing sex with gender.

There are only two sexes, pre woke culture gender and sex were used relatively interchangeably as synonyms for convenience, but that time is ending and even such progressives such as Supreme Court Justice Scalia understood the difference:

United States Supreme Court Justice Anthony Scalia, in an attempt to clarify usage of the terms has written (J.E.B. 1994) "The word gender has acquired the new and useful connotation of cultural or attitudinal characteristics (as opposed to physical characteristics) distinctive to the sexes. That is to say, gender is to sex as feminine is to female and masculine is to male,"

Reality is gender has had a slightly different connitation for quite some time and its not new, some of the older illustrations of sex v gender go back to the 1300's, but the most applicable place that highlighted the difference were with people born with ambiguous anatomy that grew up with a precieved identity over perhaps their biologically dominant one which mat not have come to display until later years.

The problem with this debate is someone had to define "other" as something more than not male nor female. That opened the flood gates to "I identify as an orange, because I'm orange" to which the next person came along and said "I'm orange, but I'm a little different than that orange, so I guess I'm a tangerine"...

It's useless to categorize genders, because there will always be another unless the categories are strictly defined which will never happen.

You're confusing sex with gender.

There are only two sexes, pre woke culture gender and sex were used relatively interchangeably as synonyms for convenience, but that time is ending and even such progressives such as Supreme Court Justice Scalia understood the difference:

United States Supreme Court Justice Anthony Scalia, in an attempt to clarify usage of the terms has written (J.E.B. 1994) "The word gender has acquired the new and useful connotation of cultural or attitudinal characteristics (as opposed to physical characteristics) distinctive to the sexes. That is to say, gender is to sex as feminine is to female and masculine is to male,"

Reality is gender has had a slightly different connitation for quite some time and its not new, some of the older illustrations of sex v gender go back to the 1300's, but the most applicable place that highlighted the difference were with people born with ambiguous anatomy that grew up with a precieved identity over perhaps their biologically dominant one which mat not have come to display until later years.

The problem with this debate is someone had to define "other" as something more than not male nor female. That opened the flood gates to "I identify as an orange, because I'm orange" to which the next person came along and said "I'm orange, but I'm a little different than that orange, so I guess I'm a tangerine"...

It's useless to categorize genders, because there will always be another unless the categories are strictly defined which will never happen.
I’m fine with people making up new genders as long as they come up with a new term. Don’t take the word man and woman which we’ve always used to refer to adult males and females and tell me something with a dick on it can be a woman. “Woman” is the gender we refer to adult females as. And to be female is not accomplished by putting on a wig and a skirt.

I’m fine with people making up new genders as long as they come up with a new term. Don’t take the word man and woman which we’ve always used to refer to adult males and females and tell me something with a dick on it can be a woman. “Woman” is the gender we refer to adult females as. And to be female is not accomplished by putting on a wig and a skirt.
I think the more succinct argument here would be "don't take the word male and female which we've always used to refer to adult males and females...." as man and woman are gender terms not sex.

I think the more succinct argument here would be "don't take the word male and female which we've always used to refer to adult males and females...." as man and woman are gender terms not sex
They’re not taking make and female. And applying it to whatever they “identify as”. They’re taking man and woman. Which refer to adult male and adult female, respectively.

Sorry for the hijack but this is something I had been wondering. Since any guns that are “registered” to you will never leave the gun portal database even if you sell them out of state or in state etc, does the PD just come to your door with a list of all guns you’ve ever owned according to the portal database? Is it up to us to provide proof that we no longer own the guns? Just curious if you tell the cops you no longer own X or Y gun, what happens?
if you look up my thread about this happening to me, they gave me a list FULL of guns I hadn't had in months/years, they suspended my ltc and went thru their massive list while taking my shit. Every time they saw one on the list i'd go "i don't have that any more" they'd cross it off on their paper and move one

This is how gun confiscation happens.
Liberty dies an inch at a time.

Just so we are all on the same page, Harassment Prevention Orders are laughably easy to get.

Scheft is an attorney that sells his legal opinions of Mass General Law to Mass Police Departments.

View attachment 735001
View attachment 735002
View attachment 735003
Notice that the directive does not advise police how to respond if the confiscee says "I will not allow you in my house, but I will bring all guns, high cap magazines and ammo to you at this threshold. All guns will be delivered unload in closed cases I and I will do so while unarmed. "

Isn't this how it works if you're involved in a defensive shoot in your home or even outside your home? Cops have a "list" of every gun you dutifully registered to the state and since your LTC is suspended (not revoked, I think?) pending investigation into whether it was a good shoot or not, they show up at your house and look thru every inch and corner to find the guns, ammo, and mags. Off they go to a bonded warehouse at $150 storage fee per gun per day. Do other states confiscate ALL of your guns if you're involved in a shoot?

Notice that the directive does not advise police how to respond if the confiscee says "I will not allow you in my house, but I will bring all guns, high cap magazines and ammo to you at this threshold. All guns will be delivered unload in closed cases I and I will do so while unarmed. "
Lol yeah right. Think they're gonna let you close the door and tell them to wait outside as you bring the guns in boxes one by one? Where's the fun in that when they've already put on their ready to invade Baghdad trousers?

8383655-4-150007.jpg
167006057_10.jpg
web-boston-security-getty_1.jpg

Lol yeah right. Think they're gonna let you close the door and tell them to wait outside as you bring the guns in boxes one by one? Where's the fun in that when they've already put on their ready to invade Baghdad trousers?
Probably depends on the department and circumstances. It is mainly a setup for the ensuing court case. I would encourage Comm2A to take a "clean" case where the PD treated a confiscation order as a de-facto search warrant. Without very clear strategic thinking, the message gets garbled - the target needs to make the message clear "I will comply with the surrender order, but will not allow you into my house".

The problem is "clean" - no unnecessary baggage, subject who comes across as a dirtbag, etc.

I have heard of cases where the revokee received a letter that notified him of the revocation/suspension and ordered him to bring all his guns, ammo and high cap mags to the PD.

Like the bonded warehouse thing. Some towns will actually rush to call the bonded warehouse to avoid having to deal with the gun owner. When Public Enemy #1 in my town was charged as a federal Jan 6 misdemeanon, a friend was tasked with recovering her surrendered gun. The local PD did not "rush to a warehouse" but told him exactly what paperwork they required, released the gun a couple of days later, and seemed appreciative that he took it off their hands.

I have "do not bonded warehouse; release to any of the below listed dealers or LTC holders" in my save with the guns to be delivered in the event of any surrender order. No matter how low risk you are, it can happen - especially in MA.

Last edited:
I have "do not bonded warehouse; release to any of the below listed dealers or LTC holders" in my save with the guns to be delivered in the event of any surrender order. No matter how low risk you are, it can happen - especially in MA.

What are the odds that they respect that and follow those instructions/requests?

What are the odds that they respect that and follow those instructions/requests?
In my town, very high. Seen it done, even when the instructions were delivered days after confiscation due to LTC suspension.

In some towns, it would just be a flag to "call the bonded warehouse today and tell them to rush".

It may help in some borderline cases, as it also notifies the PD they are not going to have this stuff clogging up their property room for a long time if they honor the request.

my friend invoked this option before things went off to a bonded warehouse, only to magically turn into store credit for a local PD.

I don’t know how these confiscations unfold, but once he chose this option they started calling me everyday to come get the guns. I guess they took up a lot of space in the evidence room or some other whiny bull shit.
2048591C-BA31-4DDE-B7F9-A4BD55491810.jpeg

my friend invoked this option before things went off to a bonded warehouse, only to magically turn into store credit for a local PD.

I don’t know how these confiscations unfold, but once he chose this option they started calling me everyday to come get the guns. I guess they took up a lot of space in the evidence room or some other whiny bull shit.
View attachment 735091
When my friend went in to pick up Public Enemy #1s gun, the detective advised him to fill out this form and come back to get the gun. Absolutely no problem when he showed up with the properly completed paperwork.

When my friend went in to pick up Public Enemy #1s gun, the detective advised him to fill out this form and come back to get the gun. Absolutely no problem when he showed up with the properly completed paperwork.
I had no real troubles either once I was able to get there in person. they even helped me load up my truck with all the guns.

I just checked my town's PD website and it states they'll hold the guns for two weeks and then off to the BW, it actually does a decent job of explaining what can be transferred to whom in different situations.

Is a 258E really a PP status trigger tho?
C 269 S 10(i) for not turning everything over instantly makes one a Federal PP.
Well then keep your damn dog off my lawn! ;)
I love dogs, but don't own any. In MA, I had a neighbor who used to bring her dog across the street to crap on my lawn. She was a convicted cocaine dealer and general troublemaker. Had I pursued a 258E, I know that she would have retaliated. Now it's another homeowner's problem.

This is for all those people thinking Red Flag laws and someone with an RO not having access to guns makes sense.

See how easy it is?

WTF ... a bunch of adults that can't put 2 and 2 together, instead let their emotions take over.

I love dogs, but don't own any. In MA, I had a neighbor who used to bring her dog across the street to crap on my lawn. She was a convicted cocaine dealer and general troublemaker. Had I pursued a 258E, I know that she would have retaliated. Now it's another homeowner's problem.
LOL, my former neighbor across the street stole my mail, likely broke into my car, and DUI hit and run right in front of me damaging a retaining wall (rented house). Moved to the sticks, so I don't have to deal with this crap anymore (got lots of neighbor's chickens roaming my yard, but I do not mind).

♫Moving to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches.♫

In my town, very high. Seen it done, even when the instructions were delivered days after confiscation due to LTC suspension.

In some towns, it would just be a flag to "call the bonded warehouse today and tell them to rush".

It may help in some borderline cases, as it also notifies the PD they are not going to have this stuff clogging up their property room for a long time if they honor the request.

I will have to do the same. Like you, I don’t ever expect it to happen but it might make a bad situation better.

Lol yeah right. Think they're gonna let you close the door and tell them to wait outside as you bring the guns in boxes one by one?
I keep bringing up my situation, but when my ltc was being suspended and they came for my shit, they asked to come in, I said no, I bought everything to them at the door. Granted, one pistol was in a quick access little safe and another was in it's zip up FN bag, thte og hard plastic cases etc. I didn't bring a gun to the door in my hand per-se, but they did let me close my door and bring the guns to them in boxes one by one lol
same with the ammo.

they more or less took my word for it when I told them I gave them everything, they just politely reminded me the consequences of lying about being in possession of a firearm while license suspended, but they never sought out a warrant to come in and check etc

And, of course, there is the issue if a surrender order covers "state firearms" or "state and federal firearms".

Back
Top Bottom