mass laws

E

emil02

I have had my classA all lawfull and i jumped right into buying a collection
i was wondering if there is a limit to how many firearms you can purchase in a certain amount of time? Do any officials give you problems for doing so?

Hi, Welcome to the Forums.

There is currently no limit on long arms in MA. If you by more than one handgun from the same FFL within a 5 day period, the FFL is required to fill out special paperwork (Form 3310.4). This is a Federal law. If that form is filled out, you "may" get a call from ATF. If you buy three handguns the same day from three different dealers, this does not apply.

Deval is planning on changing limits, so buy what you can now. [wink]

I have had my classA all lawfull and i jumped right into buying a collection
i was wondering if there is a limit to how many firearms you can purchase in a certain amount of time? Do any officials give you problems for doing so?

Not yet. But don't worry, Devil Patrick and his cronies are trying to protect you by limiting your constitutional rights... and by limiting how many guns you can buy in a month.

I'm just glad I got a new job; I don't think I could afford one gun a month otherwise. [wink]

i was wondering if there is a limit to how many firearms you can purchase in a certain amount of time?
Right now, the only limit is your bank account.

Note that if you do buy more than one handgun within 7 days from a single FFL, that FFL is required to send a form the ATF.

Right now, the only limit is your bank account.

Note that if you do buy more than one handgun within 7 days from a single FFL, that FFL is required to send a form the ATF.

Really, so when I bought a pair of matching Rugers with serial numbers exactly 100 apart, I was reported??

Not that I care, but I didn't know that...

Come to think about it, then I've been reported several times...

Really, so when I bought a pair of matching Rugers with serial numbers exactly 100 apart, I was reported??
My google-fu is strong.

Form F 3310.4 - Rept. of Multiple Sale or Disp. of Pistols/Revolvers
Q. When should the ATF Form 3310.4, Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers, be filed? In some states with waiting periods, like California, dealers are submitting the Form 3310.4 prior to transferring the firearms.

A. A licensee shall prepare and submit the Form 3310.4 whenever the licensee sells or otherwise disposes of, at one time or during any five consecutive business days, two or more pistols, or revolvers, or any combination or pistols and revolvers totaling two or more, to an unlicensed person. The form should be executed when the firearms are actually delivered to the transferee.
Full text here: http://www.atf.gov/pub/ffl/2001/may/p6.htm

Did you mean the one in which you referenced ATF Form 3310.4? No, I don't remember seeing it. Who posted it, and do you recall in which thread? [wink]

Ken

So, that means I should stop buying two handguns at the same time?..... but gee, the second one is always there begging to come home with me. Like when I bought my S&W 357, the little snubby airweight sitting next to it in the case at Carl's, just came along too.[smile] [smile]

Oh, and I guess I have to just bid on one at the next GOAL banquet and stop there....? So now, my friends at the NES table will be happy too.[laugh]

Did anyone bother to read my post above??

You mean the one where right below it, Ross replied:

Not yet. But don't worry, Devil Patrick and his cronies are trying to protect you by limiting your constitutional rights... and by limiting how many guns you can buy in a month.

I'm just glad I got a new job; I don't think I could afford one gun a month otherwise. [wink]

Edited to add:

Sorry...I was looking at two different posts. NOT the one about buying more than one at different dealers... I guess it was ignore you day. LOL! Whoops.

Last edited:
Does it count with Holy Hand Grenades? [smile]

NO.

For the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, "Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be THREE!" [slap]

Goeth thou not to Four and Five is straight out!

Here it is in it's entirety...[grin]
And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.'

Monty Python is awesome!

Here it is in it's entirety...[grin]
And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.'

Monty Python is awesome!

OK ........... I'm lost, amused, but still lost.

Icycle, this is a quote from Monty Python & the Holy Grail. Like most Python stuff, an explanaltion won't do it justice - rent the movie. It's hysterical. Oh, and pay close attention to the opening credits.

OK ........... I'm lost, amused, but still lost.

If you have never seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail, do yourself a favor SEE IT. You are missing MP at its finest (not that Life of Brian was bad and Meaning of Life had some stellar moments, notably "Every Sperm Is Sacred").

Last edited:
11.gif

Back
Top Bottom