• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass. judge indicted protecting illegal and others "take a stand" against ICE/Feds

"It is a bedrock principle of our constitutional system that federal prosecutors should not recklessly interfere with the operation of state courts and their administration of justice,” the statement read.

It was not reckless, it was calculated. Get used to it.
It's also a judges job not to let fugitives escape capture. Do you know what else is the bedrock of our country?! 2A ! How about you remove the chains around the unconstitutional laws.

Another example of the lefts hypocrisy. They don’t want equal protection under the law. They want Control of the law to push their agenda. Enforce the law when it’s political expedient, ignore it when it’s political expedient. ( put the woman in general population and let the imitates educate her why the back door should have been secured. )

I was just going to post that quote. It's too bad Trump didn't get re-elected. If only to send this chippy to FMPITA prison. Leftist "I don't care about the law or constitution" nutjob.

Insanity. Absolute insanity.
“Joseph, still receiving her $184,000-a-year paycheck while facing a federal obstruction of justice charge, is accused of aiding an illegal immigrant’s escape from an ICE agent in her Newton district courtroom in 2018.”
Well, if she's not been convicted, then losing her position would be wrong. The problem is that this is 2? 3? years in process. Speedy trial? Wassat?

Well, if she's not been convicted, then losing her position would be wrong.

I mean, a judge being under criminal indictment for alleged misconduct she committed...while being a judge...I’m not so sure losing her job until the case’s disposition is wrong. That sort of hinders her ability to do her job, and being a judge isn’t just any job.

The problem is that this is 2? 3? years in process. Speedy trial? Wassat?

Agreed. It’s a joke, particularly when the delay is being caused by the prosecution. And by joke I mean complete unlawful sham.

I mean, a judge being under criminal indictment for alleged misconduct she committed...while being a judge...I’m not so sure losing her job until the case’s disposition is wrong. That sort of hinders her ability to do her job, and being a judge isn’t just any job.

Agreed. It’s a joke, particularly when the delay is being caused by the prosecution. And by joke I mean complete unlawful sham.
Oh, on one level I agree, but even though this seems obvious, and a slam-dunk, just as with Joe Sixpack getting jammed up, having his life turned upside down, then getting acquitted, I'm of the opinion that accusation is not the same as conviction.

It’s not. But being in a public position in which you are suppose to hold the public trust, and under criminal indictment for doing something specifically to pervert that, sorry. You shouldn’t have anything to do with being a judge or a prosecutor or a cop or a legislator or a bureaucrat, etc. while under a criminal indictment something you did as part of that position.

I agree that it's more problematic when the accused is a public official. I also believe that public officials that get convicted of work-related, or work-affecting crimes should have an additional penalty attached, for "Breach of Public Trust," or something of that nature.

That said, years ago, I sat on a jury. Just looking at the defendant, we could tell he was guilty, of all charges. State's case was so bad, we had to let him go, on 5 of 7 charges. Afterwards, the Judge told us that he'd previously entered a guilty plea, then retracted it.

If we get upset about some generic guy off the street getting his life and livelihood turned upside down for x years for a charge for which he's acquitted, we need to extend that upsetness to this sort of thing, too.

Remember - in the eyes of a significant portion of the people in the US, many of our stands and opinions here are either insane, frightening, or criminal. Thought crime, yes, but still....can't take chances. [rolleyes]

I agree that it's more problematic when the accused is a public official. I also believe that public officials that get convicted of work-related, or work-affecting crimes should have an additional penalty attached, for "Breach of Public Trust," or something of that nature.

That said, years ago, I sat on a jury. Just looking at the defendant, we could tell he was guilty, of all charges. State's case was so bad, we had to let him go, on 5 of 7 charges. Afterwards, the Judge told us that he'd previously entered a guilty plea, then retracted it.

If we get upset about some generic guy off the street getting his life and livelihood turned upside down for x years for a charge for which he's acquitted, we need to extend that upsetness to this sort of thing, too.

Remember - in the eyes of a significant portion of the people in the US, many of our stands and opinions here are either insane, frightening, or criminal. Thought crime, yes, but still....can't take chances. [rolleyes]
We can extend the presumption of innocence while also recognizing that they don't have a right to their role in public service. During an active investigation/trial it seems reasonable to separate the accused from the victim (here, the pubic trust). If they're found not guilty, return them to work and offer back pay. But in case they are guilty, we reduce their opportunity to cause more harm through their position.

Imaging the outcry of the government required the private sector to apply the same standards of "fairness". Accused of theft at work"? No problem, the employer has a choice of paying you to stay home or keeping you on the job while you wait trial as a presumed innocent person. Company has video of the theft but you beat the rap because the employer also surreptitiously recorded audio and the court would not allow the video as evidence? All is cool - you were not convicted, so the employer cannot fire you for the offense. Ditto for punching out a co-worker if you are not convicted of assault.

Last edited:
... years ago, I sat on a jury. Just looking at the defendant, we could tell he was guilty, of all charges. State's case was so bad, we had to let him go, on 5 of 7 charges. Afterwards, the Judge told us that he'd previously entered a guilty plea, then retracted it.
Uncle Al feels your pain.

"Oh how we burned in the camps, for having thought that
they would treat us as we had treated them".

Surprised Rollins hasn’t dropped the case.

My guess is that broad was indicted long before Rollins took office, it's a protocol thing. Also Rollins is major league human garbage, so shes not going to ask for a dismissal because that would basically show up as an L for her. And... USAs and AUSAs are very protective of that score, it's like a binky or a pacifier they constantly are chewing on. I have no doubt that rollins would throw another moonbat under the bus if it meant keeping her score. It'd be a different story if it was pre indictment, then she would just decide not to indict her and that "wouldnt
count against her" the same way.

My guess is that broad was indicted long before Rollins took office, it's a protocol thing. Also Rollins is major league human garbage, so shes not going to ask for a dismissal because that would basically show up as an L for her. And... USAs and AUSAs are very protective of that score, it's like a binky or a pacifier they constantly are chewing on. I have no doubt that rollins would throw another moonbat under the bus if it meant keeping her score. It'd be a different story if it was pre indictment, then she would just decide not to indict her and that "wouldnt
count against her" the same way.

Rollins family is all trash so maybe the judge did one of the brothers or sisters dirty?

I think two of Rollins brothers are drug dealers, a sister is a convicted hooker. They’re all trash.

Rollins family is all trash so maybe the judge did one of the brothers or sisters dirty?

I think two of Rollins brothers are drug dealers, a sister is a convicted hooker. They’re all trash.
You should watch the netflix doc about the two knuckleheads that killed the Boston cop Mulligan back in the early nineties. She's in it more towards the middle to the end but it gives you an upfront view of her agenda. That whole fiasco of the kid they convicted of the murder is enough to make you throw up in your mouth. But you're right her and her family are trash.

Judge Shelley Joseph is gunning for ICE and former President Donald Trump in her no-holds-barred bid to stay out of jail.

In a federal court filing, prosecutors say Joseph “is on a fishing expedition” in demanding communications during the Trump administration.

The jurist — in line for a 12% pay hike as she collects $184,000 while on suspension — faces a federal obstruction of justice charge after being accused of aiding an illegal immigrant’s escape from an immigraiton agent in her Newton district courtroom in 2018.

“Joseph’s allegation that the requested communications will show political bias is misplaced,” wrote Zachary Cunha, U.S. Attorney for Rhode Island. . . .

In his response, Cunha is fighting to keep Joseph from getting any communication between the Trump administration and former U.S. Attorney Andrew Lelling, who was in charge in Massachusetts at the time of the judge’s indictment.

“Defendant Shelley Joseph has moved to compel the Government to produce evidence of ‘institutional bias’ at ICE against persons who oppose the immigration policies ICE is charged with enforcing,” Cunha writes. “She has not even tried to explain how evidence of alleged political bias by some ICE officials could possibly affect the credibility of a witness’s testimony. The Court should reject Joseph’s request.”

It would be HIGHLY unlikely Trump called any individual USA. Now, Barr or whoever was the AG at the time, might have. It just doesn't work that way. I don't see how she could break through to Trump being at least 3 levels removed from the USA. At that point, hell, pretty much everything would be open for disclosure.

I hope she gets the punishment she deserves. She wasn't an Immigration Judge, she was criminal court. That wasn't a normal proceeding. This guy was a multiple time loser felon.

It would be HIGHLY unlikely Trump called any individual USA. Now, Barr or whoever was the AG at the time, might have. It just doesn't work that way. I don't see how she could break through to Trump being at least 3 levels removed from the USA. At that point, hell, pretty much everything would be open for disclosure.

I hope she gets the punishment she deserves. She wasn't an Immigration Judge, she was criminal court. That wasn't a normal proceeding. This guy was a multiple time loser felon.

A criminal court justice, and she broke the law. Honestly, she ought to be railroaded just to show that judges aren't above the law. Unfortunately, that's not how our justice system works anymore. With this administration, I'm surprised they haven't swept this under the rug and made it go away yet.

It's pretty outrageous that she's getting a 12% raise for being a useless drain on society, though.

Back
Top Bottom