Mass. Gov. Patrick outlines new gun control bill

"It amends the Commonwealth’s “criminal enterprise” statute to target broader illegal activity committed by traditional and non-traditional criminal enterprises and organizations, including street gangs and large-scale drug and human trafficking groups. It amends the state wiretap statute to allow law enforcement to utilize electronic surveillance as a tool to investigate and prosecute street gangs, even when there is no connection to traditional organized crime."

Uhhhhh? I searched but could not find any reference to what they define as "electronic surveillance" or what qualifies as "traditional or non-traditional criminal enterprises and organizations" This so dangerously vague.

When it comes to this state and common sense and voters... I'm continually disappointed

I agree. I have lived in this state since around 93 and am still amazed about how much people bitch about things in this state, but for some reason it stays as blue as the ocean. I can only hope that when my daughter gets out of school the wife agrees to a move.

James

Something happened last month in connecticut, you may have heard of it.

It's already happened in new york btw, sounds like you're taking a pleasure cruise on the nile river.
This.
Goddamnit folks, this is no ****ing time for normalcy bias. The antis are all in on this one. Sitting around saying "It won't happen here!" just got NY ****ED. HARD. And likely permanently. We have no room for ****-ups here. We have NO time to stick our heads in the sand and hope things won't happen.
In case you missed it:
* A madman just brutally killed a classroom full of kids, right after one shot over 70 people in a theater. Instead of blaming the people, anti-depressants, etc they are blaming the guns. Giant ****ing gun bans have happened over less than that. It does not matter that they did no good, they antis want more.
* One state just pretty well lost all their gun rights. They were saying the same goddamn thing as you are now, ntomsw. Now they are crying.
* MA is just as liberal as NY, if not more. They ARE NOT one to be out liberalized. Making fun of NY while you live in MA is like the 400lb guy making fun of the 500lb guy.
If we are wrong in over reacting and getting geared up for the fight of a lifetime, so be it. Make fun of us paranoid ****s later. I hope you get the opportunity to, because if you don't, WE ARE ALL ****ED.
The stakes have never been higher.

We're only screwed if it gets voted into law. He can propose whatever he wants. Goal, Comm2A need to ACT FAST and go full throttle to block this bull shit.

Alot of good New York's gun organizations did on their bill.

I have family in NY, joined NYSRPA, hammered legislators phones, sent massive amounts of emails, and letters for them. That draconian legislation passed with flying colors. Our legislature is riddled with D's, just like theirs. Unfortunately I do not think this will be a pushover nor will Linsky's piece of shit bill.

GOAL and COmm2A will do their part, but it will ultimately be the citizens that need to step up.

Don't kid yourself, they have been salivating at this opportunity and have the momentum. The Commie states will fall like dominoes.

In NY it seemed to get forced through in 20 minutes. He didn't even touch on it tonight. When will they vote on these things?

- - - Updated - - -

GOAL better be working 24/7 for the next year if they have to, to act on this legislation! No more ****ing around.

Not one of Deval's proposals will keep guns out of the hands of criminals. As usual, they are going after law-abiding gun owners!

Nope. Now that the states are doing their own thing, that is even less pressure for the Feds to act. The worst thing we will see on the federal level is something like a universal background check...or whatever they are calling it.

We need to make the ***hole politicians realize that the 2nd, 10th, and 14th amendments also prevent the states, in addition to the feds, from infringing on our rights!

Is this the prohibited person A term exceeding one year. That's any crime.

(p) Whoever, having been previously convicted in any court of this or another state or the United States or a military, territorial or Indian tribal authority, of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year, knowingly possesses or knowingly has under control in a vehicle, a firearm, large capacity weapon, rifle, shotgun, sawed-off shotgun, machine gun, assault weapon or ammunition as defined in section 121 of chapter 140 shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than 10 years or by imprisonment in the house of correction for not more than 2½ years. Prosecutions commenced under this subsection shall not be suspended, continued without a finding or placed on file. A sentence imposed under this subsection shall begin from and after the expiration of any sentence imposed under section 10(a), 10(c), 10(d), 10(h), 10(m), 10(n) or 10E arising out of the same incident.

Last edited:
Not one of Deval's proposals will keep guns out of the hands of criminals. As usual, they are going after law-abiding gun owners!

Ouch, you're new here. I'll cut you slack this one time. No shit they're going after us. [laugh]

And get it right, it's Devil not Deval. Or Coupe Deval. Or Mr. Shit for brains.

Back
Top Bottom