Mass Firearms School holding Spanish speaking firearms safety classes

Just think in NH you don't need a stupid class, all those non-English speaking people who don't have a criminal record can own firearms. OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are amazing, simply amazing.

Just think in NH you don't need a stupid class, all those non-English speaking people who don't have a criminal record can own firearms. OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are amazing, simply amazing.

MFS, as a private business, has every right to do whatever they want, including teaching BFS in Pig Latin for all I care. Also, I agree that citizenship, language, race & gender has no bearing on your right to bear arms. However, this is where I struggle with this (what's highlighted above); I agree that criminals shouldn't own guns (including illegal aliens) but isn't that in itself an exclusion that goes against the broad audience of the amendments and bill of rights?

As for the negative responses in this thread; I'm not surprised. If MFS was teaching the class in Italian say, people would think it's weird but whatever. The fact that it's in Spanish stirs up deep seated hatred towards illegal immigrants, free loaders & a government/country that caters to them just because they exist in big numbers.

I am saddened to see such close mindedness here of all places (am I kidding myself?)

Prospective gun owners applying for classes are intimidated enough by the community, and you are bringing more bigotry upon them. Women go to women-only classes exactly for that reason. As a responsible English-as-a-second-language speaker I would not want to miss any important information and that's why we have Driver Ed classes in other languages. Does not mean that you don't have to speak English, it means that it is recognized that information is better absorbed in a native language

Shame on you for racial remarks and stereotypes, this is why gun owners are viewed as nuts among liberal population and not a responsible and thoughtful community. You would rather deny someone a chance of better understanding everything involved in gun ownership so you can proudly say "I protected America once again"...

Ugh

They have more of a need to be conversant in many languages than we do. Theyre in a relatively small continent where you cant travel more than a few hundred miles in any direction without ending up in a place where a different language is spoken.

If you haven't noticed, *we* have that need here, too. There are 37M Spanish speakers in the US, that's one in eight. Those speakers aren't evenly distributed, so in some parts of the US Spanish *is* the language of commerce.

I'm all for it; the more competent, knowledgeable people the better.

Like anything else though, stupid is as stupid does regardless of language. I was just at MFS the other week when the guy in the lane next to me screamed (in perfect English) "F*** the police, get your hands up!" followed by a mag dump at his target.

I left immediately, as MFS allowed that assclown to continue his session; and yes, he had to have an LTC as that is a prerequisite for an MFS membership. If anything, I'm hoping the inclusion of new shooters will help to combat this type of asshattery.

I am saddened to see such close mindedness here of all places (am I kidding myself?)

Prospective gun owners applying for classes are intimidated enough by the community, and you are bringing more bigotry upon them. Women go to women-only classes exactly for that reason. As a responsible English-as-a-second-language speaker I would not want to miss any important information and that's why we have Driver Ed classes in other languages. Does not mean that you don't have to speak English, it means that it is recognized that information is better absorbed in a native language

Shame on you for racial remarks and stereotypes, this is why gun owners are viewed as nuts among liberal population and not a responsible and thoughtful community. You would rather deny someone a chance of better understanding everything involved in gun ownership so you can proudly say "I protected America once again"...

Ugh

Seconded. The gun-owning population is pretty varied, but some gun owners completely fulfill the stereotype of gun-owner-as-ignorant-racist. Sad. It is fear and ignorance driven in every case I have seen.

Holy Poop! I originally saw the thread title and ignored it because
1. I don't speak Spanish
2. I don't need a class to carry

I cannot believe there are those that are opposed to this, wow just wow!

If you haven't noticed, *we* have that need here, too. There are 37M Spanish speakers in the US, that's one in eight. Those speakers aren't evenly distributed, so in some parts of the US Spanish *is* the language of commerce.

Not an entirely accurate statement, IMO. 37M speak Spanish, but a majority of them also speak English.

Half the people on NES haven't mastered English either but they still manage to keep them all on target, right?

Well, based on the various NES shoot threads I think half manage to keep them all on berm.

Ugh
Seconded. The gun-owning population is pretty varied, but some gun owners completely fulfill the stereotype of gun-owner-as-ignorant-racist. Sad. It is fear and ignorance driven in every case I have seen.

+3.

/thread.

Like anything else though, stupid is as stupid does regardless of language. I was just at MFS the other week when the guy in the lane next to me screamed (in perfect English) "F*** the police, get your hands up!" followed by a mag dump at his target.

You clearly don't visit this forum very often. That well could have been 90% of this board.

I left immediately, as MFS allowed that assclown to continue his session; and yes, he had to have an LTC as that is a prerequisite for an MFS membership. If anything, I'm hoping the inclusion of new shooters will help to combat this type of asshattery.

When this issue was brought to our attention we dealt with it immediately. The individual did have a LTC…he was not a member.

We don’t allow that kind of behavior at our range.

Back
Top Bottom