• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Facility and Basic Gun Safety Course Review

Just completed my Basic Gun Safety Course here at MFS today. Class was pretty full, I'd say 25-30 students total. The main instructor (James Gentile) was great, he had a fantastic attitude with a good mix of humor and seriousness that kept the students focused and on point. The other instructors who helped with basic gun handling and during live fire were similarly excellent.

The classroom was very modern and high quality, as was the range and the rest of the facility. The range I used (Range 1) was very modern with an excellent target retrieval system and nice wide lanes. They have a great gun shop on premises with a good selection and affordable prices. Their selection of guns available for use (free for members or with range time!) are excellent (supposedly over $100,000 in guns with some great toys like the PS90 and Tavor, and a staggering array of pistols) and all seem to be in good shape.

Overall for $100 (with live fire training, a free day of range time and discounted firearm purchase) i had a really great experience! There are only two negatives I can see: the first is it seemed quite busy, but as it was a cold Sunday afternoon and they had multiple training courses going on that's to be expected. It would probably be a lot less busy during the week. The second is that I live an hour away and going there regularly for range time would be difficult. However I definitely plan to go here for further training and to try different weapons, and if I lived closer I would go regularly!

look at Groupon for the membership.. Well worth it if you can make the time/schedule to go a few weekdays.

A few yrs ago, I picked up a 3-month membership for $40 ($50 groupon and 20% off Groupon code). Includes all range time, rentals, and guest range time... paid for itself in 1-2 visits. Got to try practically every 9mm they had for just the cost of ammo (after the membership).

Back
Top Bottom