Mass Firearms School holding Spanish speaking firearms safety classes

Mass Firearms School in now offering Mass Basic Firearms Safety Classes taught in Spanish.

Click here for more information.

I love your facility and I'm not trying to start a firestorm here, but I don't agree with this at all. One reason why - if a person who can not speak english has a LTC-A and for some reason has interaction with the police (traffic stop, etc), it could be a bad scenario if the officer somehow sees the firearm. Unless the officer is bilingual, he can not communicate with a citizen who could ultimately be carrying a loaded firearm and someone could get hurt or even killed by what would ultimately be a misunderstanding/lack of communication.

Why ???
The "Spanish" can not learn how to speak English ?
If one offers Spanish than include all other languages otherwise I would take it as a language racism.
I am really disappointed with MFS.

In addition to my point above, if you want to own an item in America that can ultimately take the life of another human being, it should be YOUR responsibility to learn the national language, not the other way around.

Wow, so the Second Amendment is reserved for English speakers? Maybe people should be required to demonstrate literacy before they're allowed to exercise their right to vote too.

Wow, so the Second Amendment is reserved for English speakers? Maybe people should be required to demonstrate literacy before they're allowed to exercise their right to vote too.

No, its just carrying over from the 'press 2 for english' crap thats been going on for too long now. If youre in this country and intend to live here you need to learn the language, its english btw, and be able to read and write it also.

You're bringing all of this to a ridiculous/overblown level. Chill out. Read the prior posts and take a look around. Undo your bunched panties.

What exactly should I be seeing when I "look around"?

The right of self defense isn't limited to English speakers, or even citizens. What possible objection could anyone have to state mandated classes being taught in the language that is most effective for the students?

Furthermore, if someone learns handgun safety better because the class is taught in a language they're fluent in, they'll be better shooters, understand the laws better, understand safety better. It's a win all around.

The alternatives are either that non-English speakers can't defend themselves, or they take a course in English and barely learn the material. Both are bad.

Poll taxes and literacy tests for voting have been deemed unconstitutional a long time ago. Yea, better informed voters would be nice, but a literacy test is the wrong way to get there.

No, its just carrying over from the 'press 2 for english' crap thats been going on for too long now. If youre in this country and intend to live here you need to learn the language, its english btw, and be able to read and write it also.

OK, fine.

- It's, not its. Its is the possessive, you mean the contraction of "it is".
- English, not english, English should be capitalized.
- That's, not thats. You forgot the apostrophe.
- You're, not youre. Another apostrophe missing.

If you're going to lecture on being able to write the language, you'd better get it right yourself.

The thing you're assuming is that the people taking this class in Spanish speak zero English. You have no reason to think that. It's far more likely that it's legal residents (how else would they get an LTC?) whose first language is Spanish. If I were to take an important class in Germany, I'd want to take it in English so I could absorb the material better.

If Mass. Firearms School want to make a *BUSINESS* decision to teach in Spanish, German, Chinese or Arabic... so what?

Last edited:
What exactly should I be seeing when I "look around"?

The right of self defense isn't limited to English speakers, or even citizens. What possible objection could anyone have to state mandated classes being taught in the language that is most effective for the students?

Furthermore, if someone learns handgun safety better because the class is taught in a language they're fluent in, they'll be better shooters, understand the laws better, understand safety better. It's a win all around.

The alternatives are either that non-English speakers can't defend themselves, or they take a course in English and barely learn the material. Both are bad.

Poll taxes and literacy tests for voting have been deemed unconstitutional a long time ago. Yea, better informed voters would be nice, but a literacy test is the wrong way to get there.

It's not a win win. Read ALL posts and see my reasoning. I don't want someone I can't communicate with to be holding a loaded firearm in my country and I'm quite positive that I speak for the majority. If you want to enjoy the freedoms of this great country, then learn the national language. It's as simple as that. You are getting heated over nothing and regurgitating whatever some professor or newspaper told you instead of paying attention to actual safety concerns of your fellow, English speaking Americans. Other countries would not even give you the time of day, yet you want to defend anybody that steps foot on our soil. THAT is scary.

I love your facility and I'm not trying to start a firestorm here, but I don't agree with this at all. One reason why - if a person who can not speak english has a LTC-A and for some reason has interaction with the police (traffic stop, etc), it could be a bad scenario if the officer somehow sees the firearm. Unless the officer is bilingual, he can not communicate with a citizen who could ultimately be carrying a loaded firearm and someone could get hurt or even killed by what would ultimately be a misunderstanding/lack of communication.
I think you just did.

Yes, they should.

Perhaps you are not familiar with the history or abuse of "literacy tests" for voting rights in the US. In fact, "literacy test" is perhaps the ultimate example of how something that sounds like a good idea can be abused and twisted to the point where it is a tool for oppression that goes far beyond what the innocuous sounding term would imply. Sort of like "suitability".

Even the term "grandfathering" so commonly used to describe certain aspects of pre/post ban guns and mags has similar evil historical roots.

It's not a win win. Read ALL posts and see my reasoning. I don't want someone I can't communicate with to be holding a loaded firearm in my country and I'm quite positive that I speak for the majority. If you want to enjoy the freedoms of this great country, then learn the national language. It's as simple as that. You are getting heated over nothing and regurgitating whatever some professor or newspaper told you instead of paying attention to actual safety concerns of your fellow, English speaking Americans. Other countries would not even give you the time of day, yet you want to defend anybody that steps foot on our soil. THAT is scary.

Where is the national language specified? I must have missed that in civics class.

You do realize that there are people who speak only Spanish who were born here, right? It's their country, too. Shouldn't you learn Spanish to solve the "armed man who can't communicate" problem?

The assumption you're making is that these Spanish speaking people who want to take the class are categorically stupid or reckless enough to get themselves into an armed "need to communicate" situation with enough regularity for it to be a problem. Bad communication isn't limited to language issues. Some people don't listen, some don't hear, some are so amped up on their own adrenaline they can't think straight. They're not stupid just because they would rather take an LTC class in Spanish.

What other countries do isn't really relevant to this discussion, which is about here.

You're bringing all of this to a ridiculous/overblown level. Chill out. Read the prior posts and take a look around. Undo your bunched panties.
I think I under stand you. People should have to earn their rights in order to exercise them. Great.

I understand your concern, but it is not sufficient to deny someone their rights. It plays nicely into the argument advanced by gun control types that the right to keep in bear arms is too dangerous to actually let people exercise.

If they can't speak english how are they gonna apply for a license in the first place? The Chief will tell them to screw.
I would love to find the chief that makes English literacy a requirement for an LTC. Even the SJC would crap all over that.

Ok I'm done here. Boudrie and milktree will never agree with me and I will never agree with them. We can, however, agree to disagree and to have our own opinions. I'm just not going to keep arguing when it is not going to bring about any valid result.

Let me add Knuckle Dragger to this list. People obviously can't read all posts. Damn MFS employees.

I would love to find the chief that makes English literacy a requirement for an LTC. Even the SJC would crap all over that.

I think his point was that simply filling out the application requires a working knowledge of English, not that there was a specific language requirement.

But maybe I misread that.

You think stereotyping someone who's Spanish as an ebt/welfare case is right? WTF? How about the guy who works to support his family and is stuck in a shitty part of town yet wants to protect his family? He's on the up and up and pays his bills, taxes and doesn't look to f anyone, just go to work and go home to his family. Maybe he met a mother ****er like some of you back in the day and was intimated and dropped out if school and never fully learned the proper way to dot his I's but can communicate. So f' him, and his family? I applaud them for offering this class. I bet there's a need or they wouldn't waste the $'s. I also bet if enough other different ethnicities went to them that they'd offer it to them also. Done. Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think stereotyping someone who's Spanish as an ebt/welfare case is right? WTF? How about the guy who works to support his family and is stuck in a shitty part of town yet wants to protect his family? He's on the up and up and pays his bills, taxes and doesn't look to f anyone, just go to work and go home to his family. Maybe he met a mother ****er like some of you back in the day and was intimated and dropped out if school and never fully learned the proper way to dot his I's but can communicate. So f' him, and his family? I applaud them for offering this class. I bet there's a need or they wouldn't waste the $'s. I also bet if enough other different ethnicities went to them that they'd offer it to them also. Done. Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PM the one person that spoke about EBT, please. The rest of us were having a civilized argument without having to block our words which is a violation of the NES conduct policy. Oh, and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

It's not a win win. Read ALL posts and see my reasoning. I don't want someone I can't communicate with to be holding a loaded firearm in my country and I'm quite positive that I speak for the majority. If you want to enjoy the freedoms of this great country, then learn the national language. It's as simple as that.

So if you only speak Russian, yet are here legally, none of the bill of rights applies??? Should we quarter troops in their homes... Search them whenever we want for any reason... Curtail their freedom to speak, worship, express themselves freely????

Which are the rights of the people that have the language requirement clause???

Also, what about brand new shooters who are BILINGUAL but would comprehend the material easier in Spanish???

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom