Mass Firearms Licenses April 1, 2020

Ugh... there are 33% more machine gun licences in freakin' CAMBRIDGE than in Billerica.
I'd bet some serious money all 4 of those machine gun licenses in Cambridge are in PD. After all, only 0.93% of Cambridge population has a Class A to begin with. Billerica in comparison has a rather healthy 7.72% having Class A.

It would appear that I'm somewhat of a unicorn in my city.

I'd bet some serious money all 4 of those machine gun licenses in Cambridge are in PD. After all, only 0.93% of Cambridge population has a Class A to begin with. Billerica in comparison has a rather healthy 7.72% having Class A.

It would appear that I'm somewhat of a unicorn in my city.

And all three in Billerica are similarly connected.

My understanding is that Billerica does not issue MG licences, period, full stop. (unless you're connected)

Maybe.. well probably a stupid question but do local police need a MG for PD owned firearms?

How does Canton still have 13 LTC-Bs still? Did they force everyone into an LTC-B and those are the last who haven't had to renew?
There were some Bs issued AFTER MGL did away with them. I recall a comment by Comm2A when they did their list some years ago. So just because the law changed doesn't mean that a PD changes their ways . . . and since when do PDs actually follow the law anyway?
Interesting. 10% of Taunton residents are packing. :)
Big assumption. Most with MA LTCs don't carry, they merely possess them.
Maybe.. well probably a stupid question but do local police need a MG for PD owned firearms?
No, active LEOs do not need a permission slip to deal with department owned weaponry. Many PDs will issue to their officers who do LE training however.

that's what the New Comm2A Scorecard? is for. My understanding is that 2017 is the latest version available.
I'll ask when we made the most recent request. The FRB has been very responsive to our annual (usually) data requests, and provides a file (forgot it it was excel or CVS) listing every issued license but with all individually identifying data stripped out. The "non-stripped" data contained the restriction (most often "none")

Last edited:
I'll ask when we made the most recent request. The FRB has been very responsive to our annual (usuall0) data requests, and provides a file (forgot it it was excel or CVS) listing every issued license but with all individually identifying data stripped out. The "non-stripped" data contained the restriction (most often "none")
Thanks! I've been trying to keep up to date on them. I know there's not usually a ton of change year over year, and I'm sure there's a fair bit of effort on your end to consolidate it into useful a format.

Back
Top Bottom