Mass. 2013 2A State House Demonstration, ATTENDEES post here

I saw thousands of folks at the Mass. State House supporting the 2nd Amendment.

Who from Massachusetts WAS ABLE to make it ?

Please share your pix and/or videos

I was there.

Crowd was respectful.

BPD did a great job.

This video (48 seconds) was close to the end of the event, just to get a glimpse of the massive crowd.

http://youtu.be/4ZqjcmHyruI

REQUESTED TO ADD

YOU CAN ALSO IN YOUR POST:

Please list what firearm(s) make and model,
and how many magazines/rounds you were concealing.

[hmmm]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there.

Sent from my mobile device.

Goal got my mug:

rally-dad-1-19-13.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. What a great day. I want to see the opening speech on YouTube ASAP! What better way to demonstrate why the 2nd amendment is so important. The turnout was great but this is only the first of many public demonstrations er need to do. Well done to the organizers and participants. Many of the speeches were awesome, well done to you all!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Here is the youtube vid, thanks to whomever did this.

Here is the better version from itsTime2A

Here is the text from June4th - Here is his post here on NES

The past Monday I decided to visit the Minuteman Park in Lexington and pay tribute to Captain John Parker and his fellow minutemen. A thought came to my mind, that the founding fathers of the United States and Chairman Mao had one thing in common: they all realized that guns are important political instruments. Their similarities, however, ended there:

Chairman Mao wrote: ‘Political power grows out of barrel of a gun’, and he dictated: ‘The party shall command the gun’. James Madison and his compatriots, however, believing that the power of the state is derived from the consent of the governed, ratified that ‘the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed’.

23 years ago, I was a college freshman exercising my freedom of speech and assembly in Tian’anmen Square, much like we are doing here today. We grew frustrated by the restriction of personal freedoms and the corrupted Chinese government, and we thought peaceful protest would make the country better. Our young passion and patriotism was crushed by hails of full metal jackets out of AK47’s. (Some AK purists here would argue they were really type 56’s). We could not fight back, because we did not have an inch of iron in our hands, to borrow a Chinese expression: we were unarmed.

Gun owners like us often say: the Second Amendment is the protector against a tyrannical government. Some may argument that a man with a rifle is no match to the military machines of today, so such beliefs are no longer relevant. However, 20 million peaceful Beijing citizens in 1989, sure wished that they had a few million rifles in their hands!

Freedom is not free. Liberty has costs. We recognize that in this free society, criminals or mentally deranged could get weapons and murder the innocents. The answer, however, is not to disarm the law abiding citizens. Not only criminals and the deranged will violate the laws anyway, but more importantly, when a government turns criminal, when a government turns deranged, the body count will not be five, ten or twenty, but hundreds, like in Tian’anmen Square, or millions, counted in the 90-year history of the Chinese Communist Party.

Our constitutional republic may look fuzzy and loving today (if you think so, I’ve got a TSA agent you should meet), but keep in mind that absolute power corrupts absolutely! And when a government has monopoly on guns, it has absolute power!

Do you know that the Chinese Constitution guarantees almost all the nice things we have here? It is written that Chinese citizens enjoy freedom of speech and religion, they have human and property rights, and that such rights cannot be taken away without due process of the law. And do you know what? Chinese people do not have the right to keep and bear arms. I assure you all those nice guarantees, are not worth the paper they are printed on, because when the government has all the guns, they have all the rights.

I was not born a citizen of the United States, I was naturalized in 2007. In 2008, I became a proud gun owner. To me, a rifle is not for sporting or hunting, it is an instrument of freedom. It guarantees that I cannot be coerced, that I have free will, and that I am a free man.

Now suppose the 20 million Beijing citizens had had a few million rifles, how many rounds should they have been ALLOWED to load into their magazines? 10? 7? How about 3?

Never, never, never give up the fight, my friends. It may be a small step that you give up your rifle, or a 30-round magazine, but it will be a giant leap in the destruction of this great republic.

In closing I will quote the words of Captain John Parker: "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they want to have a war, let it begin here."

Here is a great pic from another rally:
Need-7-rounds1-550x481-500x437.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358624697161.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358624697161.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 355
Last edited by a moderator:
Another pic

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358624821085.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358624821085.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 448
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358624858225.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358624858225.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 426
I was there and all I can say is WOW! If this is what we can manage on short notice, there is no telling what we can do with prep time. HUGE thanks to the organizers, speakers and all who attended. It's truly heartening to see the a big turnout of like-minded people. Looking forward to the next event!

A friend and I attended and found a great showing of support. I understand most of us work for a living to pay the bills to support our families, which would have made it difficult to make such an appearence but if this had happened during a weekday, may have helped gotten the word out to those in the dark about this topic. That said, it was still a nice feeling to see so many out there.

Great turn out. I met Minininjer, Reptile, Boris, BillKat, Namedpipes, Jarhead66 and a couple of other NESers whose names I didn't get. Saw Ross too. Saw Cekim, but didn't get to speak to him.

The speeches were very good. Kudos to the people who had never spoke in public before but got up there and gave impassioned speeches.

I have some crappy cell phone pictures that I'll add when I can upload them.

This Youtube site is from a non member who was taking video. He said he was going to upload the video to his Youtube page. It's not there yet, but check back in a bit and hopefully it will be.

Was there. Never left the steps and am looking forward to doing it again. Thanks fir an awesome turnout and for the support when we all spoke. I know we were heard

It's funny heard brief blip on the radio on the way home and they said "a few dozen people". Well done everyone. They won't be able to quiet this or brush it off!

Back
Top Bottom