Marlin to Re-Release the 1895 in 45-70 by end of year.

[rofl]

We've got at least 2 threads on this, Rocky.

But I still lust after one of them, so I'm OK. ;)

[rofl]

We've got at least 2 threads on this, Rocky.

But I still lust after one of them, so I'm OK. ;)

Whoops!!! My bad.

I’d love a 1894 SBL in 44 mag to match my 1894 CSBL in 357 mag. I’m a sucker for shiny stainless

It is not bad at all.

If you add a full charge with a 600 grain solid bullet it will s*ck big time.
I have shot a 45/70 about a dozen times. I have no idea what the loads were but I will say that my left shoulder hurt for several days (I'm a lefty shooter). I would consider one of these if I could reload my own rounds...

It would be a nice addition to my Marlin 30-30 that I bought in the 70s.

I have shot a 45/70 about a dozen times. I have no idea what the loads were but I will say that my left shoulder hurt for several days (I'm a lefty shooter). I would consider one of these if I could reload my own rounds...

It would be a nice addition to my Marlin 30-30 that I bought in the 70s.
Get a BFR in 30-30 instead. There are a bunch of those on Gun Broker.

Any Ruger single actions seem to be MIA, at least in the shops I frequent.
I asked a known gunsmith that works on CAS guns. He says he hasn't received a shipment in 1.5 years of any Vaquero model.

How f*cking tiny is Ruger?

Gun broker prices are beyond stupid.

The fact that they have had 45-70s available a lot longer than marlin, probably for slightly less money, too. Marlin is practically invisible in the channel lol

Does it really matter?

From a big picture point of view, .45-70 lever guns are a tiny portion of the gun market. Three kinds of people buy new production .45-70 lever guns: middle aged guys fawning with nostalgia, people who want a silencer-friendly slow and big cartridge, and that one guy trying to shoot a moose or something equally big at close range.

The factory ammo is stupid expensive and has pretty bad ballistics by modern standards. The guns aren't as practical to live with as bolt actions or semi-autos in terms of disassembly and how the guns operate. These are meme guns that people buy just because.

The one product Marlin made in the last twenty years that gave some people boners was the .45-70 stainless gun with the large loop. Makes sense that Ruger-Marlin is trying to pump those out. Whose going to buy .30-30s in 2021 in volume enough to jump start a gun company from bankruptcy? No one besides Canadians and the Canadian gun market is a lot smaller than the US.

How many domestic companies even make lever guns? Henry, Mossberg, and Marlin. That's it. Pretty small market.

I have zero interest in these, I just find it odd how people complain about the death of American manufacturing (typically Boomers doing this), and then those same people shit all over gun companies that bring out products. Its just another pointless consumer gun except for a super narrow niche. Market competition is a good thing.

i would not mind a .35 marlin in Stainless. kind of for nostalgia reasons. Stainless so i do not need to care for it that much.

i think my first deer hunt was a .35 marlin

Back
Top Bottom