• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

marlboro

It was a Leupold tactical with ballistic adjustments for 308. I asked how much.............$200 ....I was about to say sold and I guess he thought I was stalling, Ill take $150 he said...I need the cash....well it has a new home[smile][smile][smile]
I love gun shows don't you[wink]

Of course I do, its the stories of your scores that make me sick.[laugh]

Sorry we didn't get to meet you, jenlynn. We were heading out for lunch when we met your husband.

I think I saw richc but when I looked up again he was gone...
It was nice to bump into Zappa and Blitz1 (I was able to show him the picture I took for him!).

Bought a Civil War picture book, a pink S&W "Ultimate in Feminine protection" shirt, and got some deals from John at Liotec (Angel for me, dad got a bigger one).

Then had lunch at Five Guys Burgers & Fries. Everyone (who isn't allergic to peanuts) needs to eat there.

I was there from about 11 to 1. I did not think the show was very crowded as compared to shows last year.

Amazingly I did not buy any firearms. I did grab some Privi Partisan 7.5x55 Swedish Mauser ammo. Under normal conditions it is hard to get. Now that the factory has burned down... YIKES! Also bought some .410 shotgun ammo to shoot through the Taurus Judge.

I was tempted to buy a couple things, but nothing really screamed at me "take me home!".

OH, and I did buy a couple of Kershaw pocket knives... one for me and one for my son... with Damascus steel blades. Very cool looking knives and very well built!

And I did finally get to meet Fred (50 BMG). But I did not see any other NES types. Probably because I was so busy looking over all the cool stuff!!!

Sorry we didn't get to meet you, jenlynn. We were heading out for lunch when we met your husband.

I think I saw richc but when I looked up again he was gone...
It was nice to bump into Zappa and Blitz1 (I was able to show him the picture I took for him!).

Bought a Civil War picture book, a pink S&W "Ultimate in Feminine protection" shirt, and got some deals from John at Liotec (Angel for me, dad got a bigger one).

Then had lunch at Five Guys Burgers & Fries. Everyone (who isn't allergic to peanuts) needs to eat there.

we are addicted to five guys...yummm

wow @ the guy selling ammo cans for 16.95, good thing the table next to it were selling them for 10 bucks

Show was the same it always is, horrible prices and lots of mags marked as pre-ban which clearly aren't (as previously mentioned in this thread).

But its worth saying hi to John at Remsport and buying jerky.

I spotted several dealers with Ruger LCR's, the prices were all over the map. One guy had several for $439, another was $475, and a third guy wanted $498.

I spotted several dealers with Ruger LCR's, the prices were all over the map. One guy had several for $439, another was $475, and a third guy wanted $498.

You got that correct. The guy I work for buys from a local disturber who sells on the high end. If you go out to the Western part of the state the prices drop. I have talked to him about shopping around but.......well lets just say he is the boss..... again if you fellow NES folks see something at our table please please please ID yourself as a fellow member, you know secret handshake, etc etc. and I will work on the owner for a better price.

For example we had some Czech silver tip...the owner had it marked $7 a box[puke]..I sold it to a fellow NES for $3 a box.

I got there around 8:30 Saturday morning. The line was backed up almost to the hotel but moved quickly once the doors opened.
I thought it was a little better than some of the recent Marlboro shows. I didn't buy much, just some South African 7.62x51, a real nice bore light to replace the cheapo one I have been using and of course some jerky.

I don't know many of you here but I did get a chance to say a quick hello to 50BMG (he was pretty busy) saw LenS but he was also busy talking to a group of 3 or 4 so I didn't interrupt.

. . . saw LenS but he was also busy talking to a group of 3 or 4 so I didn't interrupt.

Sorry, NO EXCUSE! Just interrupt and introduce yourself. We're all gunny friends, so don't stand-off. [Note: It's different if someone is in the midst of selling something, but not if it's just a chat-fest.]

One question I had but couldn't understand the guy operating the table... He had a few guns for sale that were not mass compliant. Kahrs, XD's, etc. Was he banking on someone from out of state to buy those? The xd was for sale for less then 600. I'm gonna kick myself If I had the opportunity to buy that.

One question I had but couldn't understand the guy operating the table... He had a few guns for sale that were not mass compliant. Kahrs, XD's, etc. Was he banking on someone from out of state to buy those? The xd was for sale for less then 600. I'm gonna kick myself If I had the opportunity to buy that.

There's nothing preventing you from buying those in Mass. (as long as the mags are compliant). The law only prohibits him from selling them. If he chooses to ignore it and sell them to you anyway, you're not liable - he is.

Not sure if we're talking about the same guy, but the guy I usually see had M&P45c etc in his case. I questioned it, and he looked it up on his cheat sheet and couldn't find it. So he probably would not have sold it to me. But he didn't seem very concerned and maybe would have if I had not enquired.

Last edited:
This guy was pretty old. Spoke very softly. I asked about his LCR and he said they weren't MA compliant yet. Even though he was wrong, the firearm he *thinks* is not MA complaint he had for sale in his case. Thats why I was wondering if he was banking on out of staters.

More than likely. Every show there is "that guy" with a bunch of noncompliant guns, hoping some LEO or some out of stater will buy them. [laugh]

-Mike

This guy was pretty old. Spoke very softly. I asked about his LCR and he said they weren't MA compliant yet. Even though he was wrong, the firearm he *thinks* is not MA complaint he had for sale in his case. Thats why I was wondering if he was banking on out of staters.

I'll be willing to bet you're talking about the old guy from CT that was at the front of the room against the wall (next to the bathrooms). He's at every Springfield and Marlboro show.

I tried to buy something from him a couple years ago. he had no problem selling it to me, but I needed to find a MA FFL that would do the transfer. Then he told me that none at the show would do it, because it would be "them" who was in violation of the law.

So I can't speak for him, but I'm willing to bet that drgrant is right. He's looking for out of staters, LEOs or other FFLs to sell to

I'll be willing to bet you're talking about the old guy from CT that was at the front of the room against the wall (next to the bathrooms). He's at every Springfield and Marlboro show.

I tried to buy something from him a couple years ago. he had no problem selling it to me, but I needed to find a MA FFL that would do the transfer. Then he told me that none at the show would do it, because it would be "them" who was in violation of the law.

So I can't speak for him, but I'm willing to bet that drgrant is right. He's looking for out of staters, LEOs or other FFLs to sell to

There's another guy that used to show up at these shows, not sure if he does anymore or not, that had a little double decker glass case with a bunch of new glocks for sale, with a tiny little sign the size of a business card that says "not for sale to MA" scrawled in like 8 point MS comic sans or some crap. I didn't see the stupid sign once and asked to see a G29 and then he gave me a dirty look and said "Well, you can see it but if you're from MA you can't buy it. "

I wanted to say to the guy "Well, then why the f**k did you even bother bringing these guns to the show? 99% of the people here can't buy them. "

The irony of the whole thing was too, is that the guns were way overpriced, at least by free state standards... so anyone from out of state with more than one working brain cell would never buy a gun from the guy anyways.

-Mike

Sorry, NO EXCUSE! Just interrupt and introduce yourself. We're all gunny friends, so don't stand-off. [Note: It's different if someone is in the midst of selling something, but not if it's just a chat-fest.]

No big deal, I see You and Fred the first Wednesday of every month anyway. I was hoping to run in to some members here that I haven't met yet, but I forgot what everyone said they were wearing.[grin]

My experience exactly with old "Col. Sanders" from CT.
I did buy a Stainless Ruger Blackhawk from him about 7 or 8 years ago at a Springfield show. Same deal with the transfer, it's a matter of finding a Mass dealer who will handle it. Plus, you have to pay the MA dealer $20-30 to do the paperwork.

My experience exactly with old "Col. Sanders" from CT.
I did buy a Stainless Ruger Blackhawk from him about 7 or 8 years ago at a Springfield show. Same deal with the transfer, it's a matter of finding a Mass dealer who will handle it. Plus, you have to pay the MA dealer $20-30 to do the paperwork.

So is his company KFC firearms inc? [grin]

-Mike

I did grab some Privi Partisan 7.5x55 Swedish Mauser ammo. Under normal conditions it is hard to get. Now that the factory has burned down... YIKES!
Anyone heard anything more about Prvi Partizan post-explosion? Are production and shipments getting back to normal? It seems that everyone is either out or running very low, at least in regard to 5.56 NATO ammo.

CLMN

Make your own, and you'll have as much of it as you desire......

Cheap Pitch: Sign up for my class, and you'll even take some 5.56 ammo home.

Anyone heard anything more about Prvi Partizan post-explosion? Are production and shipments getting back to normal? It seems that everyone is either out or running very low, at least in regard to 5.56 NATO ammo.

CLMN

Thanks for the offer Duke, but I've been there, done that many years ago with .45 ACP pistol ammo (I've still got all the equipment around here somewhere) and just don't have the inclination nor desire to go that route again (at least not right away) with my new Bushmaster rifle.

Call me lazy (I know that I am), but I just want to learn to shoot the darn thing with a variety of ammo and as economically as possible without the need to set-up another little mini-factory in my kitchen. [wink]

CLMN

So are you gonna buy him a Giraud trimmer, too? [wink]

Making volumes of rifle ammo without some automated case trimming in place
is.... some sort of masochism. [laugh]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom