Marlboro: Sept 24 & 25

500 tables, of which, maybe 150 will be used.🤣

I predect vendors kids riding scooters and bikes in the venue with all the dead space. West Springfield was like that 10 yrs ago it was hysterical watching the kids play because there was only a handful of vendors

500 tables, of which, maybe 150 will be used.🤣

I predect vendors kids riding scooters and bikes in the venue with all the dead space. West Springfield was like that 10 yrs ago it was hysterical watching the kids play because there was only a handful of vendors
Technically not false advertising, even if 350 of them are folded in the corner of the building!

You think they would update the flyer just to switch it up a little or something I swear it has been the same for 30 years

The last one I went to in the spring, the place was half empty. The rows were so wide you could park a full size car in the middle and still have plenty of room to walk by.

Used to love gun shows, would love to hear thoughts about why these have fallen on hard times…besides the inter-web.

Used to love gun shows, would love to hear thoughts about why these have fallen on hard times…besides the inter-web.
In MA the promoter sucked for the whining of rapey dealers who wanted aggressive pricing discounters etc. kicked out of the shows. But even before that the promoter also sucked for healeyban bs etc. The average gun show prices went from annoying to completely untenable. Then smaller non gun vendors selling cool shit started disappearing as well
A ripple effect of sorts.....

If you want cool gun shows you really gotta go to PA.... still some big ones down there.

IMO in general, the "average" gun owner educated themselves to prices and trends, and dealers at gunshows are STILL relying on scare tactics and ignorance to sell their wares above market value. Example last Marlborough show a guy was selling E German bakelites for like $85.00 each.

Luckily for gunshows, there have been enough guys that get a 3 hour LOA from their captors on a Saturday morning that don't know what they want, only that they want something and go to a gunshow to be talked into something. They are hell bent on not walking out empty handed no matter how expensive or how little research they did on their purchase. How many times have you seen a thread titled something along the lines of:

" Oh Hai guyz, I just got this at a gunshow, how did I do? Shhh Don't tell the wife teee hee hee!"

Dealers love these guys.

Better gunshow in Littleton 3 days a week IMO

:)

Last edited:
Littleton..might as well be f’in Timbuktoo..there be dragons north of the Mass. Pike..
P.S. just kidding but I do need to get my ass to the Mill for my 2022 purchase in honor of Pedo Joe and all he does for the gun industry…I’m torn between an HK USP Compact and A Sig in 45 and am suffering from analysis paralysis. I could also be talked into a G30.

I went to their site to see the additional discount…it’s $2 off admission 🤣🤣🤣🤣. What a joke…the Mill is free admission and for the most part odor free…
I wonder how many tables there.

If only we knew what and when. I want to take some guys from my club, but don't know how to answer them when they ask "What do they have?" "What are their hours?".

A southern gun show..since moving to NC I have learned to stay away from them. Minus the occasional older holster.. there are more vendors then Massachusetts but same high prices. They will sell you a High Point 9 mm handgun for $250...

At least at a large show if you have a wad of cash you have a better chance of negotiating a deal. And there's more stuff to look at.

Funny how the members who swear they haven't attended a MA gun show in 10+ years seem to know everything that's going on with Massachusetts gun shows. [laugh]

They must hear it from their friends. [cheers]

Funny how the members who swear they haven't attended a MA gun show in 10+ years seem to know everything that's going on with Massachusetts gun shows. [laugh]

It doesn't really take rocket appliances to figure out what's not going on at these things especially when you have close friends that still actually go... to them it's like an act of masochism or boredom. Nobody ever says "it was jammed with people and every table was filled" etc. If you really want i will go and provide a long scathing post as to how it sucks. 🤣 about the only cool things about these shows is that you might actually run into somebody you already know.

Let me guess. Lots of bumper stickers, flags, beef jerky, and other doodads. Maybe some old ammunition in odd numbers, and the occasional holster or two?

From what I've heard of these things, not much else like "barn finds" or anything real useful.

Let me know if I'm wrong.

I haven’t been to a Northeast gun show since they kicked out Shooting Supply for having prices too low.

But let me see if I can walk you through one now anyway:

- Homeless Jeff Spicoli watches while slow learners unload their carry guns.

- 500 tables advertised; 300 of them still folded in a corner.

- Ridiculously high admission

- Ridiculously high prices on firearms that can be found cheaper at LGSs

- Ridiculously high prices on ammo produced during the Clinton administration that can be found cheaper at LGSs

- “pre-ban” mag guy selling strangely perfect unused “pre-ban” mags

- COG

- random flea market tables selling random flea market stuff

All this will be followed the next day by reports here of the above, and at least one NES’er that will inevitably buy a Hi-Point for $50 over retail so they “(didn’t pay admission and leave empty handed)”

Sound about right?

Last edited:
I haven’t been to a Northeast gun show since they kicked out Shooting Supply for having prices too low.

But let me see if I can walk you through one now anyway:

- Homeless Jeff Spicoli watches while slow learners unload their carry guns.

- 500 tables advertised; 300 of them still folded in a corner.

- Ridiculously high admission

- Ridiculously high prices on firearms that can be found cheaper at LGSs

- Ridiculously high prices on ammo produced during the Clinton administration that can be found cheaper at LGSs

- “pre-ban” mag guy selling strangely perfect unused “pre-ban” mags

- COG

- random flea market tables selling random flea market stuff

All this will be followed the next day by reports here of the above, and at least one NES’er that will inevitably buy a Hi-Point for $50 over retail so they “(didn’t pay admission and leave empty handed)”

Sound about right?
Pretty close! [laugh]

I just love to yank the chains of the perennial complainers. If you can't stand the MA gun shows, don't go! Simple as that. [cheers]

It will help reduce the length of the line and time to get in and the size of the crowd inside. [thumbsup] Old men with bad hips like me appreciate that! :)

Back
Top Bottom