Marlboro show thoughts

Walked around the place twice, looking for either a Ruger 10/22 or Marlin 60. Some guy had what looked like an unfired Ruger but had a chipped rear sight for $150 (199 retail). I was tempted, but found a Marlin that appeared, if not new, in excellent condition. Nice bore! Paid $100. Believe it or not, it is for my daughter and wife to use (we've been bonding).
You'll love that Marlin 60. I've got one with the tubular magazine and scope that came with it. Hardly ever shot it. Bet its only put 150 rounds downrange. If you ever want another one let me know.

I think they sold for like $49 or so didn't they?
That was back in the day when Woolworth's was in biz and sold guns too.

Mine was $109 because it came with the scope. Woolworth's was long gone when I bought this one. Think its only 5 years old or so.

Ah OK. I checked the serial on mine and it dates back to the late 70's or early 80's I think. I got it in a trade. The scope is even marked "KMart"!

I thought the show seemed a lot busier than some of the other Marlborough shows and there was a lot more people, even for a Sunday. I did buy a cherry Glock 19 with 2 17 round mags and a factory adjustable rear sight for $500. I don't think the gun had been shot much if at all. So I was really happy I ended up going. It is my first Glock and I am happy with it so far. My 2 cents.

so you are the one that bought it. I looked at it checked it out and walked away. came back after I had been thru the show and it was gone. It was the one that was right by the package with the Glock 17 mags? Lucky you if it is the same gun.

Yep thats the table. I walked away for about 2 seconds and freaked out so I handed him my LTC and got the deal done. Really good guy to do business with and he has an extra 15+2 mag to go with it at his shop. I'm going over Friday to pick it up. I'm really glad I didn't walk away from it I would have been bummed out if it was gone. Sorry

Copper washed .22 rounds in a Marlin 60

I've been using Federal (Copper washed) 550 round bulk packs ($9.95 @ Wal-Mart) in my Marlin 60 with good results.

Thanks for the lead. Will be stopping by Wal-Mart when I blow through these. :=)

InTheBlack

ID'ing NES'rs

Only half the time?????? More like 75% of the time.

InTheBlack, don't let him fool you, C-pher is the Northeastshooters embassador at gunshows. He introduced me to more people than I can remember.

Thanks, stoneypete. Will seek out C-pher at the next show.

Much obliged.
InTheBlack
:=)

ID'ing NES'rs

Well, as promised, I was indeed wearing a Hawaiian shirt with battleships and red & yellow flowers on it. Don't know how you missed me... especially when I made up a tag that said Northeastshooters, dwarven1 and had my avatar on it and wore it on said shirt. [wink]

dwarven1,

Shoot! I was looking for the guy with the roman candles!

Hope to shake your hand in the future.
InTheBlack :=)

Hope to shake your hand in the future.
InTheBlack :=)
Hopefully we'll get the chance! You COULD become a paid member and then look in the Members Only forum to find out where a bunch of us are meeting for dinner tonight on the South Shore... Or you can wait until the next show that we both attend. [wink]

Paid membership

Yep,
Will become a paid member when I get my first paycheck getting back to work.
Wish me good luck. I'm looking forward to doing so.
InTheBlack

Back
Top Bottom