Marlboro show thoughts

It was VERY busy for us from Gold plated HK's to Mosin Nagants!
It was like there was some sort of sale going on that I didn't know about.
We had Mosins priced from 100.00 and the highest was 129.95 for a nice M44 that sold today.
Still have the 100 and 125 ones, a lot of lookers on those but no takers.
What surprised me was there was a LOT of interest in the AK's but not so much in the AR's
We also had the new FN PS90 tri rail and the FS2000
Sold the 1919 and my Winchester lever gun along with the Hungarian Mak.
Must have done 40 deals or so it was crazy.
Mostly pistols but about 10 or so long guns.

Hope to see all the NES'rs in Danvers, it was a pleasure to meet some of you.

Did anyone hear that bang on one side of the building today? It was around 1. Sounded like maybe a 22 or something. Everyone went silent...

Edit: Milsurps, you're right. The nicest Mosin I saw was a 1932 Tula 91/30 with hex receiver. The stock was in decent condition at best. They were asking $155. With a C&R, one (in better condition) can be had on gunbroker.com for around $120 shipped.

Didn't see that Mauser you were talking about, but I did see that trash can full of $99 guns.

Last edited:
I didn't hear a bang... Of course they said that they "lost our check" and we were put in as a "Walk in." So, we were stuck ALL the way in the back of the building...well. looking in, we were to the FAR left.

Still, it was a good show. Sold a lot of guns... Excited about the Danvers show. Even though they are smaller tables and cost more.

A gun show find and a question

So I went to Marlboro looking for some kind of a wall hanger.

I had gone around all the tables twice and had just about given up as most of the older selections were collectibles. I just happened to glance at a table on my way out and saw a hammered shotgun lying by itself on the table. I figured it was a collectible but asked anyway. He was selling it for a friend and asked $200 for it. I bought it as an antique.

It's beautiful, bluing is long gone, but the hand engraving remains sharp.

Two questions:

"F or E Williams" is engraved onto the receiver. Anyone know if that was a shotgun maker or the name of the owner?

It's a Damascus so I would never shoot it, but does that mean I would still
have to have a trigger lock on a wall hanger? I live alone.

Thanks

So I went to Marlboro looking for some kind of a wall hanger.

I had gone around all the tables twice and had just about given up as most of the older selections were collectibles. I just happened to glance at a table on my way out and saw a hammered shotgun lying by itself on the table. I figured it was a collectible but asked anyway. He was selling it for a friend and asked $200 for it. I bought it as an antique.

It's beautiful, bluing is long gone, but the hand engraving remains sharp.

Two questions:

"F or E Williams" is engraved onto the receiver. Anyone know if that was a shotgun maker or the name of the owner?

It's a Damascus so I would never shoot it, but does that mean I would still
have to have a trigger lock on a wall hanger? I live alone.

Thanks
This will answer one of your questions.

Chapter 140: Section 131L. Weapons stored or kept by owner; inoperable by any person other than owner or lawfully authorized user; punishment

Section 131L. (a) It shall be unlawful to store or keep any firearm, rifle or shotgun including, but not limited to, large capacity weapons, or machine gun in any place unless such weapon is secured in a locked container or equipped with a tamper-resistant mechanical lock or other safety device, properly engaged so as to render such weapon inoperable by any person other than the owner or other lawfully authorized user. For purposes of this section, such weapon shall not be deemed stored or kept if carried by or under the control of the owner or other lawfully authorized user.

(b) A violation of this section shall be punished, in the case of a firearm, rifle or shotgun that is not a large capacity weapon, by a fine of not less than $500 nor more than $5,000 or by imprisonment for not more than one year, or by both such fine and imprisonment, and in the case of a large capacity weapon or machine gun, by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

(c) A violation of this section shall be punished, in the case of a rifle or shotgun that is not a large capacity weapon and such weapon was stored or kept in a place where a person under the age of 18 who does not possess a valid firearm identification card issued under section 129B may have access without committing an unforeseeable trespass, by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

(d) A violation of this section shall be punished, in the case of a rifle or shotgun that is a large capacity weapon, firearm or machine gun was stored or kept in a place where a person under the age of 18 may have access, without committing an unforeseeable trespass, by a fine of not less than $5,000 nor more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for not less than two and one-half years, nor more than ten years, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

(e) A violation of the provisions of this section shall be evidence of wanton or reckless conduct in any criminal or civil proceeding if a person under the age of 18 who was not a trespasser or was a foreseeable trespasser acquired access to a weapon, unless such person possessed a valid firearm identification card issued under section 129B and was permitted by law to possess such weapon, and such access results in the personal injury to or the death of any person.

(f) This section shall not apply to the storage or keeping of any firearm, rifle or shotgun with matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap or similar type of ignition system manufactured in or prior to the year 1899, or to any replica of any such firearm, rifle or shotgun if such replica is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition.

Last edited:
Sunday, 9:30am, no crowds, no wait, easy parking.
Some Hi-Powers & Colt 1903s caught my eye, but I did not see any good deals for what I like to look for. Prices seem even higher than last show.
I departed with some ammo.

I picked up a case (880 rounds) of Polish 7.62x54r to feed my Nagants from the NY fellas.

I did see a nice original parkerized CZ-52 for $155 along the back wall with 2 mags a holster and cleaning rod. I would've picked it up if the NY guys had some surplus 7.62x25 but I didn't see any.

Hopefully somebody picked it up!

Found a holster I liked for a price that was about the same as on line once you toss in the shipping charges, so I got that. Got a couple of magazies, other than that, not terrribly impressed. Same basic stuff as in the fall only less of it and more expensive......except for that CT dealer against the wall when you first walk in. His prices were great on all kinds of hand guns you couldn't actually purchase from him. It does amaze me why they bring all that stuff up.

Did see one big time deal on a H&K P7M10 (.40) for under $2k. There are only about 500 of these in the country and you see them occasionally listed near 3k on line. If I didn't have a friend who owns one who demanded I not purchase it as he wants one gun in his arsenal to remain unique I would have probably purchased it at 10:00 am when we first saw it. Waited, wandered back over to that table about 11am - gone.

Arrgh!

Was my very first show, and had a ball! Did not know how to look for other NESrs, so I may have to invest in a baseball cap for the next show. Would like to at least shake hands with some of you.

I was the old fat guy wearing the USMC bb cap and sweatshirt.

Walked around the place twice, looking for either a Ruger 10/22 or Marlin 60. Some guy had what looked like an unfired Ruger but had a chipped rear sight for $150 (199 retail). I was tempted, but found a Marlin that appeared, if not new, in excellent condition. Nice bore! Paid $100. Believe it or not, it is for my daughter and wife to use (we've been bonding). My daughter and I drove by some of NESrs doing full-auto on New Year's Day at HSC.

I read that copper anodized / coated .22 rounds were better for shooting. Any truth to that? Anyway, I picked up 400 rounds for $12.00 (American Eagle). Seemed to be not too bad a price.

It was my first show, but not my last. I still need to get a kid's rifle. Have had some EXCELLENT input from NESrs. Thank you! Now I know what I'm looking for.

I picked up a couple of flyers on upcoming shows in MA. I'll try to the them, or at least the data available.

That is all.
InTheBlack :=)

Copper washed ammo is recomended in .22 semi autos because of less fouling. Especially in the 10/22 where you can't clean from the breech. Thats the only thing I've ever heard on it.

Saw the CZ you refered to but passed on it. Got one at the previous Marlboro show for $100 on the C&R. You're right though, I did not see any 7.62X25 ammo either but then again, I was focusing on .30 Carbine and .45ACP.

News Shooter,
As an option, GOEX makes a line of Black powder shells for the old damascus shotguns.
The Sportsmans Rendevous in Pepperell (RT 119) carries them as they specialize in black powder rifles and shotguns. The thing is to thoroughly inspect the bores to make sure no corrosion happened in the past because of negligence in cleaning by former owners. Might be a good idea to have a gunsmith take a look at it. Enjoy the New Gun :)
-Wayne

I read that copper anodized / coated .22 rounds were better for shooting. Any truth to that? Anyway, I picked up 400 rounds for $12.00 (American Eagle). Seemed to be not too bad a price.

I've been using Federal (Copper washed) 550 round bulk packs ($9.95 @ Wal-Mart) in my Marlin 60 with good results.

Was my very first show, and had a ball! Did not know how to look for other NESrs, so I may have to invest in a baseball cap for the next show. Would like to at least shake hands with some of you.

Look for the Powder Keg Table. I can usually point out several to you...half the time there's SOMEONE from the board talking to me during a show.

Look for the Powder Keg Table. I can usually point out several to you...half the time there's SOMEONE from the board talking to me during a show.
Only half the time?????? More like 75% of the time.

InTheBlack, don't let him fool you, C-pher is the Northeastshooters embassador at gunshows. He introduced me to more people than I can remember.

I didn't know how to spot any members either. I suspect they were the one's with drool coming from there mouths.....

Well, as promised, I was indeed wearing a Hawaiian shirt with battleships and red & yellow flowers on it. Don't know how you missed me... especially when I made up a tag that said Northeastshooters, dwarven1 and had my avatar on it and wore it on said shirt. [wink]

Well, as promised, I was indeed wearing a Hawaiian shirt with battleships and red & yellow flowers on it. Don't know how you missed me... especially when I made up a tag that said Northeastshooters, dwarven1 and had my avatar on it and wore it on said shirt. [wink]

I can attest to that.[wink] Ran into Ross a couple of times at the show.[grin]

Back
Top Bottom