Marlboro, Best Western Royal Plaza - 9/20-21

Nah, I was just feeling the effects of Fall allergies. [rofl]

[laugh2]

But yeah surplus stuff was high priced. I saw more Enfields today than any show so far. Sorry it took me a while to remember the cabinet buy Garys, but after thinking Enfields and seeing you, it all registered.

That's OK. I didn't recognize you at first either. The few Enfields that were there were in mediocre condition, especially for the price. I also saw what was tagged as a Russian SKS for almost $500.00.

Fred to me looked like he just stole candy from the jar. Someone asked him what he bought and he started giggling like a little kid saying "Mine all mine!" [laugh]

I missed Fred and I really want to meet a guy with that many cool guns. I've said it before, but we need some hats or a secret handshake or something to recognize other NESers.

I was glad to see NY Steve back at the ammo table. Yeah the NY guys can be arrogant but he definitely is the better seller out of his family. I felt good about buying a 700 round tin of 7.62x39 for $140. Thats actually less than what I pay for it by mail order and it was right there to bring home. They also had Radway Green 303 British for $25 a bandolier with stripper clips. Its actually a great price and thinking about it now, I should have bought one. Brit ammo for Brit guns is the way to go!

Damn! I saw that and then forgot about it. I was going to get a couple of those. I also saw the 32 ctg .303, but passed as it was higher than I've seen recently.

I was behind a guy that i think shit his pants, I had to leave the table, and when i returned someone was purchasing what I was looking at.

Sorry about that... I'm still recovering from an infection I caught recently while traveling where they don't purify the tap water. The good news is that I made it to the restroom in time, and had the biggest deposit I ever took in a public rest room (5 feet long?)... I felt much better after that, and went and bought myself a nice looking Glock.

We left at 9 this morning and just got home. We went out for dinner and stopped at a lot of other stores on the way home. The day was an adventure but the wife and I had fun.
Checked out Bass Pro for the first time. I was hoping c-pher was still there bus I didn't see him. I like Cabella's better.

Only purchases made at the show was some cheap 30rnd AR mags and jerky. Talked to Len, met and Wayne Wong and someone else, can't remember and saw Ray (milsurps4me) walking through but didn't get a chance to talk to him.
I saw a few things I would have liked to buy but having the wife with me killed the impulsiveness which I guess is a good thing. One dealer, where Fred/BMG50 works had a Russian SKS for $399 which is expensive but if the old lady wasn't with me, I may have bought it.

Last edited:
This was actually the first gun show that I had been to. I found it pretty good, although I have nothing to compare it to except gun stores and mail order prices. I bought a couple of books with cash that I'm happy to not have Amazon.com keep a record of, a HUGE ammo can for $15 (just to the left along the wall once you enter), and a nice looking Glock 17. The Glock looked nicer than the ones they recently got in at Four Seasons plus it was cheaper, and the rear sight is adjustable with a screwdriver, and the guy threw in a 16 round mag because he lost the second 10 round mag... I'm pretty happy. Its going to the range tomorrow.

The mil surps didn't seem too good though, lots of them there but at prices much higher than I can just order myself with a C&R, plus the conditions of them didn't look all that impressive to warrant the prices.

I did see one M1A there but it was beat up and priced about the same as what a nice one at Four Seasons would be.

I don't know many NES'ers yet but I did run into John who did the Liotech group buy. (I resisted the urge to buy the 850 lumens flashlight he had there. Maybe someday though!)

I saw that Socom II also... I wanted to get that just so liberals would crap their pants at the very sight of it. (Not that I would ever have that opportunity... I'd have to keep it hidden from view except when at the range.)

i cant think of anything i want to buy right now, and im trying to get my hands on a subcompact glock, so i need to watch the money.

There was a very nice G27 there, 3rd Gen for $789! [shocked] It was still there at the end of the day too!

Marlboro was below average this time. I didn't see a single Glock sub compact.

See above.

The show was smaller than usual and many fewer attendees! I was bored silly by 12 Noon and would have loved to go home, except we volunteered to stay the entire day for GOAL.

Picked up some 9mm WWB ammo for a very good price and my Wife picked up a book.

Saw a whole bunch of folks from NES there and spoke with a number of them. Good day out in spite of the bouts of boredom at the GOAL table (when nobody was stopping by and the area was devoid of attendees).

Yes you did (nearly ran me over) but didn't even stop to say hi. I felt no love [smile]

Whoops, sorry about that. My bad. I passed you and thought you looked familiar but wasn't sure. Your screen name poped into my head as I was driving out of there. [thinking] First mag is on me at the next group shoot![smile]

As to C&R stuff, I got a good chuckle at the prices one guy was charging for a TT-33. $800 [shocked] It's amazing some of these guys can stay in business trying to rip people off that bad.

Marlboro was below average this time. I didn't see a single Glock sub compact. Plenty of S&W compacts though. And .223/5.56 ammo pricing was ridiculous, unless you're willing to use Wolf, which I'm not.

I did pick up some reloads from M&M though - 9mm copper round nose 200/$41. Those guys always make good stuff, and reasonably priced (relatively speaking).

I scooped a case (1000 Rnds) of Prvi Partizan 5.56 x 45 m193 55gr FMJ for $335 from the New York Dealer. I can't find a better price anywhere else. Even on-line dealers that won't ship to Massachusetts charge more, with shipping extra.

I walked by M&M Reloads and couldn't believe I was looking at prices for reloaded ammo. What you paid for reloaded 9mm ($41/200) can be obtained at Wally World for $39 as two 9mm WWB Value Packs (100ea.) of factory loaded ammo. [rolleyes]

Last edited:
not as crowded which was nice

picked up some range safety flag and a Redfield Widefield Illuminator 3-9x42 (80's model) scope for 50 bucks

There was a very nice G27 there, 3rd Gen for $789! [shocked] It was still there at the end of the day too!

i think i saw that.
im looking for a Glock 33, which is the subcompact .357 sig.
i was quoted $519 for new gen III (by unnamed place of course). im just waiting for one to get into stock.

i think i saw that.
im looking for a Glock 33, which is the subcompact .357 sig.
i was quoted $519 for new gen III (by unnamed place of course). im just waiting for one to get into stock.

If you want to pm me the "unnamed place" I'd be interested in that too[smile]

I was at the shop in Hudson (K&R I think) a couple weeks ago. He had a G26 for IIRC $400ish

I scooped a case (1000 Rnds) of Prvi Partizan 5.56 x 45 m193 55gr FMJ for $335 from the New York Dealer. I can't find a better price anywhere else. XXXXXXXXXX is selling it for $345, with shipping extra. I'm not even going to mention that nobody ships to Massachusetts.

I tried to buy some of this but they wouldn't take debit! [sad] And I ran out of time for the most part, I'm kicking myself now for not heading to the ATM down the street and coming back for it. [thinking]

I did manage to pick up some low cap Glock mags for range/IDPA when I start that.

For my first gunshow I think it went pretty well other than my second guessing not buying the ammo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to buy some of this but they wouldn't take debit! [sad] And I ran out of time for the most part, I'm kicking myself now for not heading to the ATM down the street and coming back for it.

You'll kick yourself even harder when I tell you there was an ATM machine right IN the same room over in the corner.

Start kicking... I'll stand back.

yeah i noticed that privi, its a great price compared to around $420 at four seasons. i just picked up a case of federal last week, so no new privi for me!

First gun show in about 20 years, same place too, which was ironic.

I was looking for a LPK and pricing an upper, ended up speaking to a guy at the table at the rear. Had a bunch of class 3 stuff. I ended up asking about a collapsable stock spring and buffer only. He looked it up, got them and then I bought a Stag LPK as I felt like a cheapie just buying $19 in parts. As he bagged it, he asked what stock I was using the spring and buffer in, and I told him a fixed 6pos stock. He asked if I was SURE of the length of the tube and if I had it with me I might want to check. Long story short, he showed me it might take either buffer and spring. Ended up not buying the spring and buffer on his insistence not to buy the wrong part. To me, was some great customer service over a tiny amount of money. Considering that many would have just sold it, I was impressed.
Considering how busy they were, just wanted to mention the customer service.

Now, I lost the slip and can not for the life of me remember the store name, any idea anyone? I want to take a look again at them and they are now on the short list for a upper and whatever I can swing at the time. He mentioned they would be at the Big E and hoped we could meet there with the correct part.

Just got back, pretty much the same thing as usual but a little smaller like some have said. Kind of disappointed b/c we were suppose to meet up with some NES'rs but could find them.[sad2] Not sure if the show is worth $10 anymore but still fun to walk around.

Best stuff was speaking with GOAL and grabbing a sticker for the truck and eating some jerky.

Nothing caught my eye for say, talked with a few of the vendor's. John from liotech was glad about the report I gave him of shooting over 200 rounds of slugs with the light attached from the group buy and no effects, still works as it came out of the box.

Other then that the $10.00 fee would have been better off going to GOAL.

This is the fifth year in a row going to this show, same 'ole same 'ole each year.

Last edited:
Nothing caught my eye for say, talked with a few of the vendor's. Jon from liotech was glad about the report I gave him of shooting over 200 rounds of slugs with the light attached from the group buy and no effects, still works as it came out of the box.

Other then that the $10.00 fee would have been better off going to GOAL.

This is the fifth year in a row going to this show, same 'ole same 'ole each year.

hey, your "some german cutaways" kar98k buddy was there, acting miserable as usual

For my first show.. I was KIND of disapointed. I guess I had hoped to see more modern stuff for sale..... choices I thought were slim. The ammo prices were intersting mixed bag, but not wanting to haul thousands of rounds, I didnt spend much more than 25 dollars... all on 1911 parts and cleaning brushes. Still... for 10 bucks it killed 2 hours... and for that amount of time at the range i would have smoked at least 100 dollars in ammo... so.. LOL

Met jkelly there and his shooting friend, Mike, from Foxboro. Picked up some Yogo AK mags that have BHO followers. Saw John Buckley at the LIOTEC booth and bought ANOTHER Freedom LED light - John, I love these little lights!

Picked up some Tiger 7.62x39 ammo for $4/box, too! No major investments though.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom