Markey introducing possiable anti gun bill

On a more practical note, with tens of millions of handguns already in circulation, how would this bill save a single life unless you planned to ban and confiscate existing handguns that lack the new technology? I know; let's have a giant government sponsored trade-in program funded by the taxpayers! Not to mention; Markey sees assault weapons as the greater threat, so why stop at handguns?

Confiscating previously owned handguns would still be futile. The first gun with a biometric or RFID lock on it will be hacked less than 12 hours after it's released and the instructions on how to do it will be posted on the internet for all to see. Making a gun fire isn't magic. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to make it work. It's a hard object impacting the primer on the ammunition. This "locking" technology works by preventing that mechanical impact from taking place, either by electronically or mechanically blocking the firing pin or hammer from striking the primer. Maybe it will take someone with some sembelance of intelligence to figure it out at first, but after that, almost anyone who can use basic tools would be able to bypass the technology. Check out google or youtube for instructions on how to make a .22 gun out of clothespins and brake tubing.

This technology may save the lives of people who come across a gun that isn't theirs, and have a fatal accident with it. Beyond that, it's nothing but feel-good legislation that instills a false sense of security to the ignorant.

i know it's not that you're defending ed markey, but if anyone deserves posts with red stars in them made about them, it would be ed markey.

i figured that's where the thread would go, 'cause after all, it's ed markey.

Turns out it's worse than I thought: http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2014/02/19/ed-markey-fingerprint-gun-technology/

On Wednesday, during a meeting with residents and grassroots organizers in Roxbury, the state elected official announced that next week he plans on introducing new federal gun legislation that would require all firearms manufactured in the U.S. to be equipped with “personalization technology,” so that if a weapon lands in the wrong hands, it can’t be fired.

If passed, the law would also require anyone selling a handgun to retrofit their weapon with personalization technology three years after the date of enactment of the bill.

We should also take collective notice of the fact that Warren Tolman, who is running for Attorney General, wants to force this upon us even sooner:

“Senator Markey deserves credit for putting the spotlight back on safer gun technology and increased gun violence research,” Tolman said. “We should be doing everything in our power to prevent more lives from being taken by gun violence. That is why on day one as Attorney General, I’ll use the authority of the office to require fingerprint trigger locks on all new firearms sold in the Commonwealth.”

Time to give Comm2A more of my money...

Turns out it's worse than I thought: http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2014/02/19/ed-markey-fingerprint-gun-technology/

We should also take collective notice of the fact that Warren Tolman, who is running for Attorney General, wants to force this upon us even sooner:

I think that Markey and Tolman have been sold a bill of goods by some scamming engineer/inventor looking for a federal contract.

Personally I think that anyone occupying the MA AG position should be required to have documented firearms training. Live fire along with the same licensing requirements required for a MA class A.

“Senator Markey deserves credit for putting the spotlight back on safer gun technology and increased gun violence research,” Tolman said. “We should be doing everything in our power to prevent more lives from being taken by gun violence. That is why on day one as Attorney General, I’ll use the authority of the office to require fingerprint trigger locks on all new firearms sold in the Commonwealth.”

That man is insane..

We'll if it did pass at least it would make it to the Supreme Court where it could be decided once and for all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No exemptions for police or FBI or anyone else. ALL parties should be in equally.

In fact, I want to explore our current MA gun laws, and see just how many have LE exemptions. It would be AWESOME to put up a bill repealing the exemptions, and watch the reaction. I wonder just how many there are.

Even better.... fingerprint technology. He found a use for those NICS fingerprint scanners that didn't work a lick sitting in a clean environment when you weren't in fear for your life, I can't wait to see how well they work under stress. Outfit the cops with this technology for five years without a malfunction then MAYBE we will talk about trusting my life to it.

Just hear on WHYN that Markey is supposed to introduce a bill to combat violence . Sorry I don't any info on the said bill .

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4

Their/his ilks interest is only to drive the price of guns out of sight for the middle class along with ammo as a method of gun control

Their/his ilks interest is only to drive the price of guns out of sight for the middle class along with ammo as a method of gun control

This. No one could afford to drive a car either if there was a mandate for energy dissapating force fields to protect in accidents.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk 2

My email via the link SteveP provided.
While I do appreciate that you appear to have the best of intentions for this state, I do not believe you are properly representing the will of the People of the Commonwealth. In my experience with talking with others about the idea of gun control, it seems more like measures you're suggesting won't actually make a dent in violence. Instead of pushing for more rules that limit the Second Amendment, which in my opinion, is incredibly discriminated against in Massachusetts, perhaps we can focus on the actual felons that use illegally obtained weapons and who commit violent acts. Supporters of the Second Amendment should be viewed as allies, not as backwards, close-minded hillbillies who are careless about where we keep and who we allow access to our firearms.
Please reconsider any further attempts at limiting access at legal acquisition and possession of firearms.

Thank you for your time

Lets start a pool on reply time and whether or not he actually reads it or if its some poor misguided Poly-Sci temp in his office.

Last edited:
What took him so long? He must be slipping. Anyone who did not expect something like this is fast asleep (or dead).

My email via the link SteveP provided.

Lets start a pool on reply time and whether or not he actually reads it or if its some poor misguided Poly-Sci temp in his office.

Get it printed in the papers. Submit it to AP.

Someone call the police on him for breaking the law (2nd Amendment).

He reminds me of a turd that won't go down no matter how many time you flush.
Pops up now and then, lets off some stink and then disappears for a while..

Back
Top Bottom