• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Markey introducing possiable anti gun bill

what a load of horse shit... I can see the headlines now... "Fail-safe gun fails... home owner dead...unable to defend self"

what a load of horse shit... I can see the headlines now... "Fail-safe gun fails... home owner dead...unable to defend self"

Markey was just in a clip on fox25 saying it's fine to have a fingerprint scanner on the grip to make sure only the gun owner can fire it. He said it would work just like an iphone's scanner. Except if the iphone screws up, you don't get injured or die. Guy just has no clue at all.

Just watched him on fox25 he is a joke and has no idea what he is talking about...He is also a person that is being investigated for the BS in the hiring of friends in the Probation Dept for the state...What do you think of him know...He also has been back by a big union AFSCME Council 93 what do you think if some of the members knew that there union dues were being used to support this SOB......

I emailed him to let him know in no uncertain terms that he is not representing all of the people in MA. Some of us disagree with his approach. Perhaps if he heard from a few hundred more of us, he might back down from his rhetoric.

http://www.markey.senate.gov/contact

No he won't. That's not what his marching orders are. After all - he owes a pretty big debt to the establishment that got his lying milk man ass who doesn't even live in this state elected as our senator.

“No one wants children to get access to a handgun and hurt themselves or others,” said Senator Markey.

It's for the children!

Markey was just in a clip on fox25 saying it's fine to have a fingerprint scanner on the grip to make sure only the gun owner can fire it. He said it would work just like an iphone's scanner. Except if the iphone screws up, you don't get injured or die. Guy just has no clue at all.

My useless iPhone fingerprint reader works about half the time first try, usually takes 2 or 3 tries and never works if my finger is damp or sweaty.

he claims it only takes 3 seconds to do, aren't most gunfights over in like 5 seconds, guess it will be shorter if you are trying to unlock you gun while being shot!

I emailed him to let him know in no uncertain terms that he is not representing all of the people in MA. Some of us disagree with his approach. Perhaps if he heard from a few hundred more of us, he might back down from his rhetoric.

FWIW I sent this email through his website:

Dear Senator Markey,

Please stop wasting our time and taxpayer dollars, and start working on legislation that actually works such as putting more violent criminals behind bars and keeping them there for a very long time.

Stop attacking law-abiding gun manufacturers, dealers and owners. You will never get my vote until and unless you stop blaming guns and gun owners, and start proposing solutions to violent crime that actually are proven to work such as "Three Strikes You're Out" and such. “The Handgun Trigger Safety Act” and your proposal to waste more of my tax money on politically-motivated studies will not work. Go after violent ciminals - not law-abiding citizens' guns.

Thank you.

I know sending an email to him is all but worthless but it at least gave me an opportunity to vent if nothing else.[thinking]

"BOSTON (AP) — U.S. Sen. Edward Markey has unveiled a gun control bill he says will help reduce firearm violence by requiring all new guns to be personalized so they can be fired only by their owners or other authorized users.

Markey, a Massachusetts Democrat, said technology exists to make guns inoperable for unauthorized users. He said the bill would make it more difficult for stolen guns to be used in crimes or against police officers and would reduce accidental firearm deaths by making it impossible for children to fire guns they find. "

People would find ways to bypass this crap within a week. Hell, someones probably figured it out already. Fact is, human beings are incredibly inventive. Especially here in the US of A.

I do wish it would get voted on, as it would fail and seal the deal for dems losing the house. Then the impeachment can begin. If Obama gets impeached over the countless illegal actions he's engaged in, it will set a great precedent. Sorry for the tangent.

here is what I just wrote to him...

Dear Senator Markey,

As a resident of the State of Massachusetts, I must inform you that you are not representing me on the issue of gun control; your fixation with further restrictions on gun ownership is misguided and offensive.

Your latest initiative is clearly a waste of time and energy, there are other more important issues to solve at the Federal level than legislating the requirement for some Buck Rogers electronic gizmo on guns, and the general harassment of citizens coupled with the further infringement of our rights.

If this is so important for you, perhaps you can immediately require that those in your security detail install these devices on the pistols and machine guns they use to protect you. This would be a great way to illustrate how effective these devices are in "reducing gun violence".

With dissapointment,

XXX

Markey knows he does not need your vote and that any gun restriction bill would ingratiate him with those who do vote for him. He beat Gomez by 80,000 votes. Hiding behind "the children" works on MA voters.

I finally saw the clip on the news last night and was shocked when a reporter asked him about infringing on law abiding gun owners rights.
The deer in headlights look on his face for a few seconds was priceless.
All he could come up with was to stammer "Well it's a public health issue"
Cudo's to the reporter whoever she was.

They were discussing this bill on NPR (I know, I know) around 12:30pm today. Of course the hosts were all "OMG, it's so reasonable! In fact, I think it's more reasonable than universal background checks! OMG!"

They start taking callers, guy calls in and says, "just so I'm up front, I'm a veteran and I have an LTC class A." Host (moonbat woman): "What's an LTC class A?" [facepalm]

Veteran proceeds to tear the bill apart. Hosts continue on about hiw reasonable it is. I shut it off at that point.

The idiotic ignorance is staggering.

Last edited:
I have a very thought provoking idea and message on this topic.......

hhhhheeee hmmmmmmm

**** you Markey you pinko commie slim ball, slut nugget. Senator, sir.

They were discussing this bill on NPR (I know, I know) around 12:30pm today. Of course the hosts were all "OMG, it's so reasonable! In fact, I think it's more reasonable than universal background checks! OMG!"

They start taking callers, guy calls in and says, "just so I'm up front, I'm a veteran and I have an LTC class A." Host (moonbat woman): "What's an LTC class A?" [facepalm]

Veteran proceeds to tear the bill apart. Hosts continue on about hiw reasonable it is. I shut it off at that point.

The idiotic ignorance is staggering.

I heard a bit of the show.

They said that the bill had a provison for the retrofits to be paid for by the govt !!!!!!!!!!! 300+million retrofits on the taxpayer. Sheer genius.

They said that the bill had a provison for the retrofits to be paid for by the govt !!!!!!!!!!! 300+million retrofits on the taxpayer. Sheer genius.

Let's just say that everyone did it, at lets say....ohhh $200 a gun, that is 60 billion dollars, where in the christ do they think that would come from....

Hmmm, how will this work? You bring your gun to the Department of Bond Gun Retrofitting. You leave with a pickup ticket. You're told you can have your awesome new tech gun back in 90 days. 90 Days later, oh yeah sorry your gun has been deemed property of the state now. Have a nice day.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's just say that everyone did it, at lets say....ohhh $200 a gun, that is 60 billion dollars, where in the christ do they think that would come from....

your paycheck.

Hmmm, how will this work? You bring your gun to the Department of Bond Gun Retrofitting. You leave with a pickup ticket. You're told you can have your awesome new tech gun back in 90 days. 90 Days later, oh yeah sorry your gun has been deemed property of the state now. Have a nice day.

- - - Updated - - -

your paycheck.

Hell, why not, they're taking a shit load as it is.....take it all!

I guess you all missed Markey explaining to reporters how quickly smart gun will recognize your own finger print. He said that it will be as fast as entering password on the cell phone! I think his password must be "1". Who in this sorry state keeps voting for such a stellar snake charmer?

And if the gun you drop off doesn't meet these req
" Direct the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to create a safety standard for personalized handguns that all newly manufactured handguns will have to meet."
You don't get it back!!!!!!
Just like here in mass dealers can't transfer gun back to you.

Back
Top Bottom