MARINES will be issued NEW COLT 1911 Pistols in 2013 !!

I thought this was posted a few months ago, but I could be wrong. I thought I remember there being a pretty lengthy thread about it. I don't know, I don't feel like searching for it now. [laugh]

In the video, they said it will be just under $2l for that 1911.

I think a rail on a 1911 is awful, but it's a nice gun otherwise.

I like my Para P14-45 better... 14 in the mag, plus one in the tube. 230 grain hollow points will stop just about anyone with one hit. IMO, Glocks are beyond fugly. To me, they all look like toys. Maybe because I was shooting a 1911 (my father's single stack) when I was maybe 9 or 10 years old.

With a well designed, configured 1911 style, you can get fast secondary shots on target without issue. I used mine in IPSC competitions and never had any issue. That's in limited class (no comp or sighting aids) too.

For 'operators' they should have the best possible tools for the job. IMO, it's hard to beat a .45 ACP round. Especially when you can have a high capacity version.

I wouldn't mind having a rail on the frame for my .45. Would be an easy way to mount a small light. Do I need it? No, but it would be nice to have the option.

I thought this was posted a few months ago, but I could be wrong. I thought I remember there being a pretty lengthy thread about it. I don't know, I don't feel like searching for it now. [laugh]

I am sure there was.

Never understood why they can't get up with the the times and go Glock

And then this is the inevitable out come.

230 grain hollow points will stop just about anyone with one hit. IMO, Glocks are beyond fugly.

...and then this happens.

A Glock 17 would be leaps and bounds better for the "operators" around the world.

Yes I do own several 1911's, and shoot them in USPSA Lim10 when I can swing it.

Last edited:
Played with it at Shot Show.

It was underwelming. Its a 1911 with fancy coating and grips and a rail.

omgs the millutary is thinkin about usin it!!!! Therefore its awesome! [rofl].

Probably a decent gun but to the rest of us its just another 1911. I wouldn't complain if one fell in my lap but I also wouldnt bend over backwards to get it either....

-Mike

if they went with external extractor, it would be as good as my smith.

1911-mod1.jpg

Superdupe.

It's only MARSOC, not the whole Corps.

It's a POS Colt 1911 that won a rigged bidding process. Retarded government waste for the win.

Last edited:
Again, consider the desert, external extractors are much more prone to malfunction in that type of environment

Well, if Browning was so good, and he used an internal extractor because it is so perfect, how come he used external extractors on everything else he designed except the BHP?

The internal extractor on the 1911 was a solution to a problem that came up in the Army tests with short cases made while Frankford was having problems with case length control on rimless cases. The Army wanted an extractor that would grab an unfired cartridge and extract and eject it. An external extractor won't extract a short rimless cartridge - it won't reach in far enough.

Another advantage is that the internal extractor makes disassembly easier. But the drawback is that the internal extractor is its own spring, which makes the proper material absolutely necessary. Spring steel, properly tempered, is expensive. Extractors made by casting, MIM, or crushing old beer cans just won't work, no matter how cheap they are.

However, with the vast improvement in cartridges, the chances of encountering any short FA cartridges is pretty low, and the main reason for the internal extractor has gone away. I see no problem with external extractors, and if the choice is between a well made external extractor and a piece of crud internal extractor, I will take the external every time.

Don't forget unreliable

Yeah.

I'll never get it. The man love for the M1911, I mean. Sure, its cool looking. Sure, .45 ACP is a good round. But, shit has changed in the past 100 years. There are light pistols, that hold more rounds that are considerably easier to maintain and more reliable. But here we are, with a low cap pistol thats a pain in the ass all around. The M9 is no angle, either, but Glock and Sig need to be looked at, not ****ing M1911's.

If the .mil has to keep the obsession with wanting to get the .45 ACP back, go with the friggen Glock 21. Easier to use, not going to jam, doesn't need maintenance and it holds 13+1. If the .mil wanted to get a round that can punch through shit and carry even more they should be looking at .357 SIG out of a Glock 31. Eventually our .gov is going to pick on someone other than cavemen who will have body armor on. .45 ACP inst going to cut it, neither is 9x19.

Maybe the day the .mil gets over its obsession with safeties, they'll look at modern pistols.

Back
Top Bottom