Mansfield, MA "Mini" Appleseed June 13

50 BMG, thanks for getting this going at Mansfield. Even better if there could be a full Appleseed once in awhile.

I like the events you have been putting together for the club. I see a lot of benefits for all involved, and some fresh blood (not literally) at the Mansfield club.

Can club members hang around and watch without shooting? Will both ranges be closed?

Thanks Buddy

Bill

50 BMG, thanks for getting this going at Mansfield. Even better if there could be a full Appleseed once in awhile.

I like the events you have been putting together for the club. I see a lot of benefits for all involved, and some fresh blood (not literally) at the Mansfield club.

Can club members hang around and watch without shooting? Will both ranges be closed?

Thanks Buddy

Bill

Thanks for the kind words Bill.
Folks are certainly welcome to come to the range to watch the mini. If I can get one of the Appleseed folks to run a full event I will.

I will be RSO for this event. I asked for volunteers and folks ran like they were giving away money down the street.[rofl]
Also the 100 yard will be open to members all day. Appleseed folks are restricted to the 50 yard for their event.
Hope to see you at the range.
Fred

I hate to ask this because I would really like to be able to use a rifle I have used before, but - if my dad doesn't get a new one by the weekend (thereby giving me his current one), will anyone have a .22 rifle I can borrow?

OK, that's it. I'm going to start a Mansfield Mini Loaner thread - if you need to borrow a rifle, please post there so we can get a handle on how many folks need one.

OK, that's it. I'm going to start a Mansfield Mini Loaner thread - if you need to borrow a rifle, please post there so we can get a handle on how many folks need one.

What type of rifle do you need? I have a savage bolt action bull barrel which is scoped, I am not a Appleseed guy so I have no idea what can or can not be used.
dwarven you don't have to supply all the rifles. [smile]

Also the club has 7 CMP 22's I can donate for the day. I do not think they have slings so you would need to go to Wally world and buy one.

Last edited:
50 BMG (Fred) has offered to drag out the grille and cook lunch. If anyone wants to do this let us know. Bring your own burgers/dogs/linguica[smile] and condiments. Soft drinks can be purchased at the club.

I suggest you plan on being at the club no later than 11am so lunch doesn't cut into our noon start time.

Appleseed... CMP loaner 22s... lunch...

This thread gets better every time I read it.

Sounds like Mansfield is the place to be on Saturday.

What type of rifle do you need? I have a savage bolt action bull barrel which is scoped, I am not a Appleseed guy so I have no idea what can or can not be used.
dwarven you don't have to supply all the rifles. [smile]

Also the club has 7 CMP 22's I can donate for the day. I do not think they have slings so you would need to go to Wally world and buy one.

Rifles I don't mind supplying; that's why I have more than one 10/22. AMMO I mind supplying! [wink]

I also have slings, some 10/22 mags, sling swivels and studs for sale if anyone needs them. I'd rather not loan (other than the 10/22) so that I don't have to try and chase things down at the end of the day. And this way the shooter has new gear that he knows how it works.

Rifles I don't mind supplying; that's why I have more than one 10/22. AMMO I mind supplying! [wink]

I also have slings, some 10/22 mags, sling swivels and studs for sale if anyone needs them. I'd rather not loan (other than the 10/22) so that I don't have to try and chase things down at the end of the day. And this way the shooter has new gear that he knows how it works.

I may be slow but here goes...do folks want me to bring the CMP 22's???

offer going once....going twice.......

UPDATE...
I guess from the lack of folks stating they will be bring burgers and dogs to be grilled that lunch is on your own. JonJ if you received PM's regarding this than I am still willing to cook.

Just an FYI, there will be no coffee available at the club and your lunch will have to be ordered out from a local sub joint or Chinese restaurant.Either way somebody will have to be the runner and get the food. If you do bring in lunch the club house will need to be cleaned up after everyone is finished. Therefore you will need to designate a cleaning crew. I am not going to pick up after folks!

This is just a friendly reminder.....well as friendly as I can be[wink]

NES folks who participated in the Semi/C+R shoots did a fantastic job in cleaning up and I am sure this event will be no different.

UPDATE...
I guess from the lack of folks stating they will be bring burgers and dogs to be grilled that lunch is on your own.
Whoops; missed the part about posting it. Oh, well. Guess I can stop at Mickey D's on the way in if no one else wants real burgers. If anyone else does pipe up, well, then I'll be bringing some.

Myself and Kid Presentable will not be able to make it for an earlier lunch as we have an electrician coming to our house before we leave to come so we were just going to do lunch before we left and bring PB&J and snacks for later.

If anyone will drink it, I'll pick up a "box of joe" from D&D. Not the best coffee in the world, but it is easy to carry [grin].

Sorry folks, it appears that a member of my own club has pointed out I do not have an official RSO status and therefore can not RSO the event. [sad2]

To make amends for my lack of formal education I will make coffee in the morning. So don't go to DD's I will have coffee and hot water for tea ready and it usually lasts the entire day for most events.

Don't worry I can still conduct the safety briefing, and the event is ON

Look forward to seeing all of you at the mini. I am sure everyone will have a great day and will enjoy our club.

Thanks again to all who put the effort into running this event.

Fred aka 50 BMG

Last edited:
Unless the planets line up perfectly, I'll be the sans sling. Hope that won't be a problem.

I do not see the problem... do you need swivels & studs, too? (so I know to bring a drill)

Ross

I actually have everything but the time (and tools) to put them on. I can swing iron and copper, but I'm a hack with wood. If you guys could help me out in that department, I'd be in your debt.

One again, the offers put out by the members on this board are outstanding. What a solid group. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom