Mansfield, MA "Mini" Appleseed June 13

i too would like to check it out, if i can talk my father and girlfriend going. i will post for sure here soon.

Myself and Kid Presentable will be in for checking this out!
Got your PM and I replied
Please sign me and my father up.
Done!
We're in. Me and my dad.
Done!
%$#@%$#%^@$#^@$#^$%^@#^@$#%@$#%@$#

I'm one of the folks wanted one on the SS. This is MY CLUB and I have plans for this day that cannot be canceled.[angry][angry][angry][crying]

Sorry to hear, Pete. But not to worry. Hopefully this will be the start of more mini's and a full Appleseed in the not too distant future on the SS.

%$#@%$#%^@$#^@$#^$%^@#^@$#%@$#%@$#

I'm one of the folks wanted one on the SS. This is MY CLUB and I have plans for this day that cannot be canceled.[angry][angry][angry][crying]

Son of a...

I PMd Crak a year or so ago about wanting to do this at Mansfield. And like you, this is my club.

But...my Brother-in-law is leaving for Iraq, and that's the date that the Army is having the send off. So I'll be at the USS Constitution for a formal sendoff for the 181 Engineers Co B. So there's no way that I can make this as well.

I hope that you guys have a good time...

I love that it took very little convincing to have myself and Kid Presentable shoot at this instead of just watch! I am really excited!
I'm just a little worried about having a shooter named "danboSMASH" there, though... the name conjures up a mental image of a girl about 6'6", 275lbs, green skin, black hair, carrying a Barrett M82 in one hand and bearing a striking resemblance to Bruce Banner... when he's in a bad mood. [laugh]

I'm just a little worried about having a shooter named "danboSMASH" there, though... the name conjures up a mental image of a girl about 6'6", 275lbs, green skin, black hair, carrying a Barrett M82 in one hand and bearing a striking resemblance to Bruce Banner... when he's in a bad mood. [laugh]

If I told you that I was going to be shooting a Pink Ruger 10/22 would that make you feel better? And that most of my shooting accessories happen to be pink...

Or you could google She Hulk and picture that.... (even though i am not close to that either...)[smile]

I'd love to shoot at this event but my 10/22 won't have Techsights by then. Is it worth it to shoot with the stock fiber-optic sights and generic sling or should I wait till I've upgraded?

I'd love to shoot at this event but my 10/22 won't have Techsights by then. Is it worth it to shoot with the stock fiber-optic sights and generic sling or should I wait till I've upgraded?

YES!!!

Come on, man... you're getting the training FREE! Worth it??? Hell, it's worth it even paying full boat for the shoot.

Let's see... cost of training: FREE. Cost of ammo: $15. Cost of range time $5.

For $20 you're getting SIX HOURS of training. Now, granted, you won't be able to actually adjust your sights by clicks (I'm guessing), but you're still going to be learning about inches-minutes-clicks, and you're going to have handouts to take home and study so you can practice at your convenience.

It would be worth it if you had stock Ruger sights [puke2]. It would be worth it if you had a Mosin Nagant. It would be worth it if you had an SKS - we will teach you to pick up a rack grade military rifle, fire ONE sighter shot, and make hits out to 500 yards.

Yes. It's worth it. Crak and JonJ are excellent instructors and you will find that you will be wanting to go to a full shoot... and think that it's cheap at the price.

Don't worry... the no-shooting-before-noon-on-Sunday rule may make this my favorite place to hold Appleseeds depending on how this mini goes. [smile]

May I ask what the amount of range time is involved in holding a "full" Appleseed? If folks are already thinking of using the range I will need to speak with the organizers regarding RSO requirements etc. Also what times we have on our calender for the shoots.

I would love to introduce it to the club and have it as a regular event but I will need a point person .
Is it JonJ?

I will be stopping by on the 13th however I cant stay....I have to get back to "free" America. ( New Hampshire)

Last edited:
Ok, I'm in.

Please add me to the list. [grin]

edited to add - if anyone has an extra LTR/mags I'd love to bring my gf. I've been getting her into the sport lately and she loves shooting my FAL.

Last edited:
I love that it took very little convincing to have myself and Kid Presentable shoot at this instead of just watch! I am really excited!
Added!

Ok, I'm in.

Please add me to the list. [grin]
Done!

I would love to introduce it to the club and have it as a regular event but I will need a point person .
Is it JonJ?

I will be stopping by on the 13th however I cant stay....I have to get back to "free" America. ( New Hampshire)
Fred, we'll talk. I don't mind being "point" on this and I can draw from some of the other available AS staff for help when you're ready to present it.

If there are any other AS Instructors/IITs that want to help with this mini, step up!

Is this the part when someone posts that EC would hit that?

Hello.... again!

Please sign up my friend Shawn.

I need to stop recruiting like this, I'm going to run out of rifles to loan out!

Anyone with an extra LTR they wouldn't mind loaning out for my girlfriend to use?

Added bonus of eye-candy on the range. [wink]

is this going to be a rain or shine event? if the weather is going to be nice i have some obligations i have to attend to, but if it rains, and the shoot is still on, count myself, my father, and my girlfriend in.

Figures she'd get the better rifle [laugh] Well if its available she'd gladly go. Thanks.
Ya gets what we have - I don't have a signup sheet on the rifles. I just have two LTRs (one scoped, one not) and a 10/22 that needs some serious TLC. I'll bring what I have, that's all.

I do expect whoever borrows them to bring their own ammo, though - Federal bulk pack from Wallyworld works well in my LTRs.

is this going to be a rain or shine event? if the weather is going to be nice i have some obligations i have to attend to, but if it rains, and the shoot is still on, count myself, my father, and my girlfriend in.
The range has a covered shooting position, IIRC. JonJ is the final arbiter, as it's his shoot, though. But I don't ever remember hearing about the Redcoats saying "Hey, it's raining. Let's call off the battle until it's sunny out."

Don't remember hearing about Gen. Washington doing that, either. [thinking]

For inspiration, you may want to look through this thread and pay close attention to the pictures. [grin]

Pictures start at post #149.

Last edited:
if we wind up with rainy weather, i will be there, i have some chores i forgot i volunteered for, but if it rains they will be postponed.

Hello.... again!

Please sign up my friend Shawn.

I need to stop recruiting like this, I'm going to run out of rifles to loan out!

Added.
Nothing wrong with recruiting! When you're all done with this mini, you're all going to be chomping at the bit to shoot the full Appleseed in Athol the weekend after[wink]

Rain or shine, we shoot.

Back
Top Bottom