• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Manchester-by-the-Sea man arrested for stockpiling weapons and ammunition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious about this as well. My guess is the rights groups are sitting back to see if they guy is really defendable and creditable before stepping forward to avoid the political attack of "defending the crazies".

True....I think we're all waiting to see if he is bat-sh*t crazy. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark though.

eah, you think thats important. But how important will it be to the jury?

There will not be a jury. Between the stress of a divorce, the problems getting marital money freed up for a legal defense, the stress of being in jail, and the fact that he is pretty much hosed as a gun owner means that he will take a plea with no jail time but a lifetime firearms disqualification, possibly at the federal level.

This is sad and outrageous.

If this ends up being the outcome, there is probably little chance of a successful civil suit by the current defendant against the chief.
I would be happy to donate to a civil case if the time comes tho. This witch hunt stuff has to be stopped, hard and fast!

If this ends up being the outcome,

Cases generally start with idealistic talk about defending what is right, then after the target is beat up by the system for a while, there is a rolling over for a deal.

Just look at Cavalry arms - when they originally were raided by ATF and had all their inventory seized, they talked tough about having the best forfeiture lawyer in the business on their case. Now, some months later, they have announced that they are giving up their FFL, selling off the machinery for making firearms, and concentrating on non-regulated products.

Found out today this guy is only 2 or 3 degrees of seperation from me. My MIL works with his wife. I'll see what she can tell me that doesn't violate privacy (medical field).

Found out today this guy is only 2 or 3 degrees of seperation from me. My MIL works with his wife. I'll see what she can tell me that doesn't violate privacy (medical field).

I would not share any information that you obtain on a public forum. No sense making more of a mess for anyone.
Especially now that you posted HOW and from WHOM this info was gathered.

Just my $.02

I would not share any information that you obtain on a public forum. No sense making more of a mess for anyone.
Especially now that you posted HOW and from WHOM this info was gathered.

Just my $.02

yeah, I was more or less thinking on those lines.

Well, many of us NES'ers are looking for more information. However, I wouldn't like to see any information shared that would hurt the victim.

Well, many of us NES'ers are looking for more information. However, I wouldn't like to see any information shared that would hurt the victim.

Doesn't really matter since it's all hearsay, and I don't trust information that's coming from someone who's getting it from an interrested party anyway. What's Lamina going to find out anyway? That one of the people who started all this mess thinks he did something wrong? That a lady that's trying to divorce the defendant thinks he's crazy? This is the equivelent of asking someone's high school ex if they're a nice person or something like that. You just aren't going to get an honest answer. If you trust her opinion on him, then let's take Hitler's opinion on the Jews, bin Laden's opinion on Americans, or Obama's opinion on conservatives.

My MIL has met the husband. I want to get more info before I share snippets.

Doesn't really matter since it's all hearsay, and I don't trust information that's coming from someone who's getting it from an interrested party anyway. What's Lamina going to find out anyway? That one of the people who started all this mess thinks he did something wrong? That a lady that's trying to divorce the defendant thinks he's crazy? This is the equivelent of asking someone's high school ex if they're a nice person or something like that. You just aren't going to get an honest answer. If you trust her opinion on him, then let's take Hitler's opinion on the Jews, bin Laden's opinion on Americans, or Obama's opinion on conservatives.

Well, it is about collecting information and making an informed decision. Nobody is able to "come down from the mountain" and give the word of God here.

I think they are going to end up declaring him incompetent, because what sane person would have all of those things??

I think they are going to end up declaring him incompetent, because what sane person would have all of those things??

Well, we need to wait and see Jen (IMHO). I have multiple guns and ammo. Then you add in that I was trained in martial arts when I was younger, so I have an evil katana and some old fighting gear in a closet. Does that make me crazy?

Well, we need to wait and see Jen (IMHO). I have multiple guns and ammo. Then you add in that I was trained in martial arts when I was younger, so I have an evil katana and some old fighting gear in a closet. Does that make me crazy?

Well it doesn't mean you're NOT crazy! [laugh]

Unfortunately it is the average Cambridge Panera Patron whose opinion matters for that guy's future.

As curious as *I* am, please don't share anything that could hurt the guy. Would you run it past one of the Mods first?

I won't run it past the mods first, because I have faith in my own judgment and decency.

I wouldn't share anything that could hurt the guy...

but, if I decide not to share anything don't assume it's because everything would be damaging.

Well it doesn't mean you're NOT crazy! [laugh]

Unfortunately it is the average Cambridge Panera Patron whose opinion matters for that guy's future.

Well, I'm guessing we all have some old sh*t laying around from our youth. However, I fully comply with all storage and purchase laws. Honestly, I just don't know what is packed in my boxes from my days in martial arts.

Well, I'm guessing we all have some old sh*t laying around from our youth. However, I fully comply with all storage and purchase laws. Honestly, I just don't know what is packed in my boxes from my days in martial arts.

Agree.

As long as you're not hurting anyone why should anyone care what you have stored in one of your private areas (house, storage unit, car, etc)? One of the things the right to privacy insures is that we can collect all the strange crap we want without someone bothering us.

If you want to fill up the basement with freeze dried food and bat poop then go for it. If your bat poop collection leeches into the groundwater then you have hurt people that consume that water and overstepped your rights.

Agree.

As long as you're not hurting anyone why should anyone care what you have stored in one of your private areas (house, storage unit, car, etc)? One of the things the right to privacy insures is that we can collect all the strange crap we want without someone bothering us.

If you want to fill up the basement with freeze dried food and bat poop then go for it. If your bat poop collection leeches into the groundwater then you have hurt people that consume that water and overstepped your rights.

You can keep your bat poop....I want no part of it. LOL

Bat guano can be used as an ingredient in ammonium-based explosives. Don't get caught with bats in your belfry, or the BATFE might think you are a terrorist.

It's just....batty.

So if a terrorist used this method to make explosives, would that mean that they're bat-sh*t crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom