Man kills self at Dicks Sporting Goods

Status
Not open for further replies.
and you are the one who gets to make the decisions to decide who the second amendment applies to? just you? of course. you're more professional than us, right?

hey watchchityCPA, share your thoughts at least instead of trying to neg me when i'm just being honest. [wink]

You show me the post where I said I decide anything. I'm not the issuing authority. I don't pass the laws. So don't pin stuff on me about deciding what applies to who.

The issue is, who gets to decide what is crazy? I think putting pineapple on pizza is nuckinfuts and no sane person would ever do it.

I agree. I don't decide that nor should you. Its why we have a legal system with Psychologists and Attorneys. My point earlier was about someone clearly crazy. Like... a guy walks into a gun store and says "I'm going to Wal-Mart from here and shooting every little kid and parent I see. Can I buy that weapon and every box of ammo you have for it please. Oh and 10 extra mags. Have any extra bullet proof vests? My alien friends tell me they are cool. I see dead people. Wait hold on the voice in my head says don't shoot all people, just tall ones. Would you like to hear the voices in my head?" Do you sell that guy a weapon???? Honestly. Or do you call the cops who come Section him? Just digest that and think about it. I already know the guys on here that will say "it's his 2a........" Got it. Received. It's also all the peoples rights at Wal Mart to live right? And don't think there aren't guys like this walking around. There are. I meet them. Used to work at a Hospital with a Psych Ward and guys just like that would be released and told to see the doctor next week..

I wonder when Quiet will step in to defend Primus...
No need, you guys are doing fine... :D

One question though .. while he's confined to a mental institution because you say he should be locked up or have his rights "restored", having committed no crime, please to tell me why he isn't allowed to carry his gun in there?

Last edited:
Sounds like he did the whole murder/suicide thing correctly. He did the suicide part first, so his family was spared. He wanted notoriety so he did it publicly.

It sucks for the poor folks at Dick's who A. had to be part of it and B. have to deal with the aftermath.

We won't know for sure until the police do a search of his house. Or maybe his ex wife's house. Maybe he used all of his ammunition to kill the people on his list and came to Dick's to get something to finish himself off.

Lt. Henry Ward says the man had been involved in a standoff with Middletown officers in 2002.

So he was probably carrying illegally. Is this action covered by 2a? This is why crazy people shouldn't be allowed guns. When you become crazy you lose that right. You forfeit the right when you become a nut, or mentally ill. You can't drive blind, so you shouldn't carry crazy.

Ans definitely makes us all look bad, not what we needed.
One can only hope that those you teach are smart enough to realize that freedom means taking on risks.

I agree. I don't decide that nor should you. Its why we have a legal system with Psychologists and Attorneys. My point earlier was about someone clearly crazy. Like... a guy walks into a gun store and says "I'm going to Wal-Mart from here and shooting every little kid and parent I see. Can I buy that weapon and every box of ammo you have for it please. Oh and 10 extra mags. Have any extra bullet proof vests? My alien friends tell me they are cool. I see dead people. Wait hold on the voice in my head says don't shoot all people, just tall ones. Would you like to hear the voices in my head?" Do you sell that guy a weapon???? Honestly. Or do you call the cops who come Section him? Just digest that and think about it. I already know the guys on here that will say "it's his 2a........" Got it. Received. It's also all the peoples rights at Wal Mart to live right? And don't think there aren't guys like this walking around. There are. I meet them. Used to work at a Hospital with a Psych Ward and guys just like that would be released and told to see the doctor next week..

I understand the point you are trying to make, and I really don't need to digest it and think about it. You are suggesting that we deny people there rights based solely on the belief that they may commit a crime if they have the equipment to do it.
Using that rationale, we should arrest woman because they have a vagina, and may engage in prostitution. The same line of reasoning suggests that we deny black people the right to own firearms. Statistically, they are 10 times more likely to commit a crime with a firearm than someone with a mental illness. Is that cool? Crazy people and black people? How about 18-25 year olds? That age group commits most of the violent crime in the country. Should they all be denied?

I get it. Some people are batshit crazy, but when you start singling out easy identifiable groups, where does it end? I hope the .gov doesn't consider your group dangerous

there should be a law that anyone selling guns is always armed and shoot any robber if he has a 50/50 chance of not getting smoked first.

Primus and Quiet. Just stop.

Both of you:

6hjo05.gif

I'm not being disrespectful nor am I being repetitive. What's the problem, must everyone always be in 100% agreement with everything you think?

Why's the law need to be involved? The clerk at WalMart simply uses his better judgement to refuse a sale. Being a private entity, that should be his right. Sort of like when all the gas stations in town refuse to sell gas to Westboro Baptist maniacs when they parade through. Making a law only jeopardizes people who would normally follow a law - your above case clearly isn't going to be swayed my another entry in the MGLs.

No need, you guys are doing fine... :D

One question though .. while he's confined to a mental institution because you say he should be locked up or have his rights "restored", having committed no crime, please to tell me why he isn't allowed to carry his gun in there?

It's a private institution (see what I did there? [wink]) and allowed to make its own rules about what you can and can't do on its property. I assume most of these would bar the patients from carrying.. But if not, I suppose they'd get to live with the consequences. Or not live with them. o_O

I know. It's hard to actually answer the question of why a felon loses his right to carry while incarcerated, or a person confined to an institution loses the right. There seems to be this magical component to SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED (except while incarcerated, that's OK). I mean I don't think it's in the Constitution that incarcerated felons get stripped of their rights, it's kind of a state by state thingy. Some let felons vote, others don't. But every one of them strips them of their non-infringible RKBA.

How is that OK with you all?

Like... a guy walks into a gun store and says "I'm going to Wal-Mart from here and shooting every little kid and parent I see. Can I buy that weapon and every box of ammo you have for it please. Oh and 10 extra mags. Have any extra bullet proof vests? My alien friends tell me they are cool. I see dead people. Wait hold on the voice in my head says don't shoot all people, just tall ones. Would you like to hear the voices in my head?" Do you sell that guy a weapon????

Of course I wouldn't sell him a weapon. Private business has the right to deny whoever they want. However, you are not asking a question abut rights or politics or law.

If someone made a real threat to kill innocent people, I would call the police. Now, its up to the legal system to determine if he needs to be institutionalized. If he is an imminent danger to society he needs to be locked up. If he is not a danger to society he can come back out and enjoy all of the rights that we all do.

Are you old enough to remember when a man leveled a building that killed well over a hundred people with supplies that can be purchased at any old hardware store?

If you are, then you should know better than to come on here and spew your anti-human rights agenda about how free men should be prevented from owning firearms. Because, you should know that anyone who is an imminent danger to society should not be allowed back into society where there are hardware stores. Much more casualties came from that incident than any mass-shooting in this country, at least in my lifetime.

So, all you are doing is advocating for either one of two things:

1.) Preventing free people who we've determined are not a threat to society from being able to defend their lives

or

2.) Encouraging the release of people who are an imminent danger to society, back into society.

Both of those are much worse than the risks associated with the right of free men to keep and bear arms.

does anyone know how it is in PA? its a fairly strong 2A state? are things bad on the ground there?

I know. It's hard to actually answer the question of why a felon loses his right to carry while incarcerated, or a person confined to an institution loses the right. There seems to be this magical component to SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED (except while incarcerated, that's OK). I mean I don't think it's in the Constitution that incarcerated felons get stripped of their rights, it's kind of a state by state thingy. Some let felons vote, others don't. But every one of them strips them of their non-infringible RKBA.

How is that OK with you all?

I don't know if it is ok to some on here. I believe somone on here stated straight out that once they got released from jail they SHOULD be allowed to carry. I was floored. So by that mentality a guy who shoots someone for no reason, goes to jail, gets out, then gets handed his gun back to do it again? I get the point some guys are making here with the singling people out. But I'm sorry if your bat shit crazy you deserve to be singled out. Just like if not only are you "capable" but you show a INCLINATION to kill people (by doing it previously or harming poeple, etc.) then you LOSE that right. If these guys/girls want to keep their rights.... don't go crazy or hurt people. Is that much to ask?

At least he only killed himself.
+1
I'd be interested in reading his suicide note to see why Dick's! Two things combined make Dick's kind of unique: they sell a lot of shotguns and shells, and it's spacious with a bathroom. The dude didn't have any handgun ammo on him either?

Of course I wouldn't sell him a weapon. Private business has the right to deny whoever they want. However, you are not asking a question abut rights or politics or law.

If someone made a real threat to kill innocent people, I would call the police. Now, its up to the legal system to determine if he needs to be institutionalized. If he is an imminent danger to society he needs to be locked up. If he is not a danger to society he can come back out and enjoy all of the rights that we all do.

Are you old enough to remember when a man leveled a building that killed well over a hundred people with supplies that can be purchased at any old hardware store?

If you are, then you should know better than to come on here and spew your anti-human rights agenda about how free men should be prevented from owning firearms. Because, you should know that anyone who is an imminent danger to society should not be allowed back into society where there are hardware stores. Much more casualties came from that incident than any mass-shooting in this country, at least in my lifetime.

So, all you are doing is advocating for either one of two things:

1.) Preventing free people who we've determined are not a threat to society from being able to defend their lives

or

2.) Encouraging the release of people who are an imminent danger to society, back into society.

Both of those are much worse than the risks associated with the right of free men to keep and bear arms.

Why wouldn't you sell to them? It's their right to have that firearm. Even after telling you all that crazy stuff. That's the premise your telling me....And c'mon, if the police rolled up and placed him in cuffs you'd be out there screaming profanities at the police, then on here going "HA see what the evil empire did today with their minions! Look I have photos of JBTs infringing this guys rights!".

And listen... I don't know how it is on your island... but bad guys do get out of jail. A guy murders someone, unless he his put to death, even after a conviction he gets back out. Is he different? You think he's reformed? A guy who stabs someone , ABDW /Attempt Murd. maybe, gets what a few years MAYBE? If it's first time doing it not even, a few months tops? So 90 days later the guy gets out from stabbing someone.. hand him that gun...? How are you guys really ok with this?

People arrested or incarcerated for non-violent offenses (i.e. marijuana possession) shouldn't have their right to keep and bear arms violated.

People arrested or incarcerated for non-violent offenses (i.e. marijuana possession) shouldn't have their right to keep and bear arms violated.

Agreed. Depends on the charge. Circustances, but the problem is your putting more power into people to decide which ones to take away and not. Murder... yea no more guns. Having a couple ounces of weed for personal use? Not so much...

So being crazy doesn't disqualify you? Please everyone keep the shouting to a minimum for a second, I'm honestly interested and curious about this line of thought. I've already learned some things and different point of views on here and I'm looking for one different then mine.

I know some guys seem to be absoloutely black and white with the rights thing, someone even through a shall not be infringed at me today. So if the guy from Colorodo gets off from some technicality and doesn't go to prison or be convicted, he should be allowed to still carry weapons? Someone, anyone answer that specific question.

Yes and yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom