Mako group, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

I called Mako to get info on a KPOS Carbine conversion kit.

The person I spoke with acted like they were doing me a favor by talking to me.

Re the OP's problem, I wonder if contacting your CC would be helpful. Probably not, but its worth a shot.

They don't sell junk. I suspect that their focus is primarily LE and Mil based on their terrible customer service.

I have the KPOS for a Glock 17 SBR. Its... Meh. Ok I guess, but I would have gone with the HERA had I known about it.

What, does all your glass shatter if you sell some cheap piece of shit item?

Depending on his relationship with his customers selling people crap can become a source of unwanted agita. It's the same reason I try to avoid selling low end junk to the people in my IT business, granted that's a somewhat different business model. Then again at least with a regular gun shop its pretty obvious why a lot of them sell junk/middling stuff... because the skinflints lap that shit up and you can make a good markup on it. Hell they would still buy it if you put the words LOW END in front of the items. [laugh] And most of the skinflints will just attach it to the gun, maybe pull a joe plinkster with it and shove it in the closet anyways, and everyone is happy.

-Mike

Depending on his relationship with his customers selling people crap can become a source of unwanted agita. It's the same reason I try to avoid selling low end junk to the people in my IT business, granted that's a somewhat different business model. Then again at least with a regular gun shop its pretty obvious why a lot of them sell junk/middling stuff... because the skinflints lap that shit up and you can make a good markup on it. Hell they would still buy it if you put the words LOW END in front of the items. [laugh] And most of the skinflints will just attach it to the gun, maybe pull a joe plinkster with it and shove it in the closet anyways, and everyone is happy.

-Mike

Yup, I agree.

I'm only part-time at it, so I can afford to lose a few customers (for a while) because I will NOT sell cheap junk. They usually come back, and thank me for my honesty.

There are ways to cut a few corners money wise, without sacrificing quality, but only to a point.

As I stated previously, we are trying to broker a resolution here. We're more interested in doing what's right than doing what's popular. We'd prefer everyone be taken care of and work through the issue than just start burning stuff down.

We were not aware of the details of this, and now that we are we are doing everything we can to help resolve it.

I would like to ask everyone who has faulty E-Lander mags that they purchased from Mako to please email me with the quantity of faulty mags, approximate (or exact) order date, and order number if you can find it.
Please do NOT send via PM; email ONLY to [email protected] with the subject line E-Lander. Please keep the emails clean (easy to read), and if you want to add any additional details please do so underneath the quantity, order date, and order number. This will allow me to keep this organized and get a better idea of how many members and how many mags we're dealing with.

Thank you.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1840634_MAKO_SCREWS_OVER_ARFCOMMERS__BAN_MAKO__Admins_staff_the_ball_is_in_your_court___2_weeks_now_.html&page=9#i58795811

Back
Top Bottom