• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mako group, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Basically they sold thousands of AR15 mags, the mags were defective. After over a year of dead promises from mako's hired ad agency running interference, mako tells consumers to buy more mako product.

Originally Posted By MakoGroup:
Good Afternoon All,

Below is the resolution from Mako regarding the early E-Lander mags not working in all AR15's.

"As you are well aware, there was an issue with early production of E-Lander magazines (distributed by The Mako Group). They didn’t fit all AR15s; this issue dates back to 2012. The mag problem was resolved and mags manufactured post-2012, operate efficiently. Many of those on this thread purchased the mags manufactured during this time.

The Mako Group is not going to replace mags. However, they are offering the following:

• A one-time only purchase of E-Lander Mags at 50% off
• A coupon for 20% off on any product on www.themakogroup.com
• Offer can’t be combined with any other sale or promotion
• Available now through August 31, 2016
•Claims will be decided on an individual basis.

Email [email protected] with your name, when you purchased the mags and your order number (if you still have it). Once approved, he will send you your unique coupon code."

Have a great weekend,
Mark S.
LoBo & Petrocine / The Mako Group

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1840634_Things_you_don_t_want_to_hear_if_you_re_dealing_with_The_Mako_Group_UPDATE__MAKO_DERPED__BAN_MAKO_.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_400/246982_.html

Lol never heard of them, that probably has a direct correlation with their products being shit.

They're the importer for all things Israeli. Meprolight, etc

I was wrong, it appears that CAA is not imported by the mako group.

Last edited:
So you see crap magazines that won't work but then expect people to buy more when you won't replace them....this guy must be a Bernie Sanders supporter.

I hate to break it some of you, but this is where buying cheap garbage gets you, every time.

Yeah, I sell stuff. If I wouldn't use it myself, I don't sell it. And, I sure wouldn't sell THAT crap.

I lose some sales that way, but I can still look at myself in the mirror each morning.

I always see ads for these guys in american rifleman, they sell some wacky stuff like an AR15 mag coupler that holds 5 10 rounders in a kind of star shape. The military arms channel guy likes the MARS sight type thing they make though.

So much for the implied warranty of merchantability, or warranty's in general. On the bright side though, it's not uncommon to get mags for 6.99 these days.

The Mako Group is the middle man for several Israeli made products. They are the US importers for Fab Defense for instance. One might say that some of FD's products are quirky or that they are not for everyone but they are FAR from crap. Very heavy duty made stuff that has been used by the Israeli army (and others) for years. Very battle proven. One of my favorite pistol grips are made by them.

That said, The Mako Group is a complete pain in the ass to deal with. I've had orders screwed up and have been lied to by their staff on more then one occasion. Just last week in fact. I won't deal with The Mako Group again directly and if I find myself needing anything with the Fab Defense name on it, i'll go through someone else. I wish FD would drop The Mako Group and go with someone more competent.

I called Mako to get info on a KPOS Carbine conversion kit.

The person I spoke with acted like they were doing me a favor by talking to me.

Re the OP's problem, I wonder if contacting your CC would be helpful. Probably not, but its worth a shot.

They don't sell junk. I suspect that their focus is primarily LE and Mil based on their terrible customer service.

I hate to break it some of you, but this is where buying cheap garbage gets you, every time.

Yeah, I sell stuff. If I wouldn't use it myself, I don't sell it. And, I sure wouldn't sell THAT crap.

I lose some sales that way, but I can still look at myself in the mirror each morning.

What, does all your glass shatter if you sell some cheap piece of shit item?

Hmm I just bought a MOR from them. It arrived as advertised. No issues at all with the transaction. I didn't expect much though. I went in knowing what I wanted and they were the only supplier I really trusted to deliver it. That sucks you had a bad experience with them. Def curious what others experience with them.

Hmm I just bought a MOR from them. It arrived as advertised. No issues at all with the transaction. I didn't expect much though. I went in knowing what I wanted and they were the only supplier I really trusted to deliver it. That sucks you had a bad experience with them. Def curious what others experience with them.

They are having issues in the customer service department. check out their facebook page. Their line up of products are great. they need to make a change in the customer service department though.

I remember the sh!tstorm everyone had to deal with them back in post Sandy Hook. They keep saying on their site that they had AR mags in stock so of course everyone kept placing orders for over a month. They never updated the site to say backordered or when they would start shipping.

Sending a complaint to the AG along with a copy of their response about not replacing product that doesn't work as advertised is likely to get their attention. Consumer Fraud (in MA C. 93A) is taken very seriously by the AG, I would expect this to be true in every state. They would likely change their tune in a hurry.

Sending a complaint to the AG along with a copy of their response about not replacing product that doesn't work as advertised is likely to get their attention. Consumer Fraud (in MA C. 93A) is taken very seriously by the AG, I would expect this to be true in every state. They would likely change their tune in a hurry.

I would like to believe that the MA AG would take something like this seriously, but then I remembered who the MA AG is.

It would go something like this
image.jpg

Lol never heard of them, that probably has a direct correlation with their products being shit.

Pretty ballsy to say hey we know we sold you shit that doesn't work but rest assured we're not going to replace them.

Talk about pissing people off. Hope someone throws a bunch of junk mags through their office windows.

People actually intentionally purchase metal AR mags still?

Honestly, WHY?

Buy a box of PMAGS. Load them with 30rds. Enjoy.

I've bought from Mako before and their customer service sucks. They don't know the specs on the products they sell except for what's typed up in the product description.

Take the Mepro Tru-Dot and the Mepro RDS Pro. On the website they have the same specs, except one is Mil-spec. When I asked what the actual difference was to warrant a $300 price increase I got the following...

Screenshot_2016-01-22-13-17-27_zpsubrp1fkm.png

So I asked them what that actually means... "beefed up". Because according to all reviews, both passed the same IDF Mil-spec requirements. So how are they actually different? Robert finally admitted that he didn't know and would have to get back to me.

Never did.

They take the Best Buy approach to sales... doesn't matter if they lose a customer due to incompetence because there's two more coming through the door who may not ask for specifics.

Also another time I bought a foregrip from them and it took them 2 weeks to even ship a product that was in stock the whole time. I had to remind them my order was still there. They apologized and shipped it that day.

Last edited:
Well, I have four ARs, shoot a lot and never had an issue. So my comments are based solely on experience, not reading internet articles.

If you want me to point out articles for issues with metal mags, it would be a way longer list than the one you just posted.

Just make sure they are indeed re-ban mags before doing this.

I called Mako to get info on a KPOS Carbine conversion kit.

The person I spoke with acted like they were doing me a favor by talking to me.

Re the OP's problem, I wonder if contacting your CC would be helpful. Probably not, but its worth a shot.

They don't sell junk. I suspect that their focus is primarily LE and Mil based on their terrible customer service.

Dude, they basically admitted they sold junk but weren't going to do anything about it. Also, you can sell junk and have good CS, but your last "paragraph" muddies that.

What, does all your glass shatter if you sell some cheap piece of shit item?

WTF are you talking about? If I do sell "glass", it's made by somebody else. If you even knew me, you might have a clue what I use. Suffice it to say, it isn't cheap, and it does work. If I sell it, and it doesn't work, either the manufacturer stands behind it, makes it right, or I eat the loss on the product, as I'll make it right if they won't (given reasonable time and reasonable use of course).

I just up and don't sell cheap POS items. If you even knew me, you might have known that.

Now, go troll somebody else. And, by the way, I didn't sell this, nor would I sell this.

People actually intentionally purchase metal AR mags still?

Honestly, WHY?

Buy a box of PMAGS. Load them with 30rds. Enjoy.

Some metal mags do work well. Some are totally useless. Some are even worse. Same with plastic, some are great, some suck.

If you stick to green follower mags (applies to metal only, plastic mags are black and OK), and actually make sure to avoid the brand name mags, you will probably be OK. Change the follower in a black follower mag to green, and you'll see a 20 round mag now holds 18 rounds, and a 30 round mag holds about 26. We've heard those numbers before.

Colt aren't so good, OK (that's the brand name) are good, Brownell's are good (I use these myself).

I've heard mixed stuff about Pmags, good and bad. People I know have had few problems, though, so I'll trust them.

I don't remember who made the plastic mags for the Canadian military, but those are pretty decent.

Back
Top Bottom