Make America Free Again (Unless it rains) AR15 shoot 5/12/18

I like how everyone is scared because of the media when they’re not even guaranteed to show .....
"Not coming because you're not sure the event is well-conceived" /= "scared".

Here’s the thing with the media. Like I said , we don’t even know if they’re coming for one. Two, if you go off of a script and you stick to the script or say a lawyer is the person who does the interview, how can anything be taken out of context?
This begs a few questions:
  1. Is there a script? If so, what does it say? Will it be handed out to participants and are they expected to use it?
  2. Do you expect the media to put video of someone reading a script on the evening news?
  3. How do you expect the media to present a directive to "Talk to the lawyer"?

Last edited:
Again. NOT MY EVENT, NOT MY WORRY. I’m just stating what Brad could do.
"Not coming because you're not sure the event is well-conceived" /= "scared".

This begs a few questions:
  1. Is there a script? If so, what does it say? Will it be handed out to participants and are they expected to use it?
  2. Do you expect the media to put video of someone reading a script on the evening news?
  3. How do you expect the media to present a directive to "Talk to the lawyer"?

Again. NOT MY EVENT, NOT MY WORRY. I’m just stating what Brad could do.

Let it go. You've put out the information and provided the updates. Those that want to will come. Those that are concerned won't. Remember that gun owners are "gun" shy in this state for good reason. Basically it's like herding cats. The right bait is needed.

Hey why don’t you come shoot with me today at Harvard. I’m on my way there now. Yes I know it’s raining. Don’t care. We can discuss this in person since you seem like you have a lot to say especially considering that this isn’t MY event. I’m just the messenger. It honestly feels like you’re trolling me at this point. Here’s the thing with the media. Like I said , we don’t even know if they’re coming for one. Two, if you go off of a script and you stick to the script or say a lawyer is the person who does the interview, how can anything be taken out of context?

Im sorry i didnt get your invite till just now...
I see there has been more updates....resolving most of my criticism.
I look forward to seeing you.

i know it isnt your event but you must know the Layout of the range.
Is there anyway i can get access to the firing line via my pickup truck?
Also can i get an area on the firingline to setup to set up my tripods for the belt feds and a table for shoulder fired weapons?

Not a big deal if its not doable, i just wont bring the good stuff.
If acceptable i have alot of tannerite as well.

Im sorry i didnt get your invite till just now...
I see there has been more updates....resolving most of my criticism.
I look forward to seeing you.

i know it isnt your event but you must know the Layout of the range.
Is there anyway i can get access to the firing line via my pickup truck?
Also can i get an area on the firingline to setup to set up my tripods for the belt feds and a table for shoulder fired weapons?

Not a big deal if its not doable, i just wont bring the good stuff.
If acceptable i have alot of tannerite as well.
Yea all of that can be set up, I have yet to see the range. Send me a friend request on Facebook and we can get a group chat with Brad the property owner.
- Derek John Hubbell

Like many here i don't use Facebook. My first use of social media was this website so i could attended the NES machingun shoot....now that i have 2,000 post ranting and making tranny jokes so i think im better off with less social media.

Anyway, whenever you decide to post the address openly let us none Facebook people know.

I have everything i need ready due to the NH nesshoot cancelation.

Attachments

• 88DDCE32-4649-4BD0-8B1D-AF7BB1AA8F13.jpeg
    88DDCE32-4649-4BD0-8B1D-AF7BB1AA8F13.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 4BE0BC41-019B-493F-9445-1CAE65227538.jpeg
    4BE0BC41-019B-493F-9445-1CAE65227538.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 491ECA90-5E91-4AA1-B5CC-91D269DF72AE.jpeg
    491ECA90-5E91-4AA1-B5CC-91D269DF72AE.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 6566F5E5-A000-43BD-8FAA-0B0D0ABD82BC.jpeg
    6566F5E5-A000-43BD-8FAA-0B0D0ABD82BC.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 31
Am I reading the update right about using magazines? It says pre-ban is okay for MA people (that's fine), and that if your from ME or NH, your mags are legal and welcome (not fine, unless pre-ban). I don't know if anyone is coming from NH and ME, but unless they have pre-ban mags, they will be violating MA law (unless there is an exemption in MGL). This should be clarified.

Further update: 20, 30 round legal preban mags are acceptable, if you’re from NH or Maine then obviously your mags are legal and welcome. The whole point of his shoot is fighting for semi autos in the commonwealth, to show there’s no reason to demonize these particular firearms.

if you go off of a script and you stick to the script or say a lawyer is the person who does the interview, how can anything be taken out of context?

No offense meant, and not to pile on, but if you believe this, you're being very naive.

They will decide ahead of time what story they want to show. After that, there's nothing you or anybody there can do to alter that. Nothing. It doesn't matter what you do, what you say, or how you say it.

They will misquote you, call you extremists, and use file footage from other events that have nothing to do with you. If nobody says anything stupid, they'll overdub the footage with narration from someone like Rosenthal or one of the other "gun rights advocates" that thinks nobody should own an AR.

You have no hope of controlling the message, even a little bit.

Am I reading the update right about using magazines? It says pre-ban is okay for MA people (that's fine), and that if your from ME or NH, your mags are legal and welcome (not fine, unless pre-ban). I don't know if anyone is coming from NH and ME, but unless they have pre-ban mags, they will be violating MA law (unless there is an exemption in MGL). This should be clarified.

I had already pointed that out. Im sure everyones mags will fly under the radar while im doing belt dumps..
The only thing i would say to the media is "It seems kind of silly that anyone in MA can own a beltfed machinegun, but for some reason the parents of a family of three stuggling to put there kids through college can't walk in a store and buy an ar15" and maybe a plug for "pink pistols".

I spent the last 90 minutes reading through mass general law and saw no such law that states a resident of another state can not bring a “high capacity magazine” into the commonwealth for use in an event or competition, there’s also nothing that says they can either. Actually it only states that out of state residents may bring a pistol or revolver into MA for that use. So if there is no law to enforce on non residents then how can someone be charged with a crime? There is only a law regarding bringing “assault weapons and high capacity magazines” into the state for sale or commission of a crime. Neither of which are happening.

I spent the last 90 minutes reading through mass general law and saw no such law that states a resident of another state can not bring a “high capacity magazine” into the commonwealth for use in an event or competition, there’s also nothing that says they can either. Actually it only states that out of state residents may bring a pistol or revolver into MA for that use. So if there is no law to enforce on non residents then how can someone be charged with a crime? There is only a law regarding bringing “assault weapons and high capacity magazines” into the state for sale or commission of a crime. Neither of which are happening.
LMGTFY

Section 131M.
No person shall sell, offer for sale, transfer or possess an assault weapon or a large capacity feeding device that was not otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994. Whoever not being licensed under the provisions of section 122 violates the provisions of this section shall be punished, for a first offense, by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years, or by both such fine and imprisonment, and for a second offense, by a fine of not less than $5,000 nor more than $15,000 or by imprisonment for not less than five years nor more than 15 years, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

The provisions of this section shall not apply to: (i) the possession by a law enforcement officer; or (ii) the possession by an individual who is retired from service with a law enforcement agency and is not otherwise prohibited from receiving such a weapon or feeding device from such agency upon retirement​

Last edited:
LMGTFY

Section 131M.
No person shall sell, offer for sale, transfer or possess an assault weapon or a large capacity feeding device that was not otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994. Whoever not being licensed under the provisions of section 122 violates the provisions of this section shall be punished, for a first offense, by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years, or by both such fine and imprisonment, and for a second offense, by a fine of not less than $5,000 nor more than $15,000 or by imprisonment for not less than five years nor more than 15 years, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

The provisions of this section shall not apply to: (i) the possession by a law enforcement officer; or (ii) the possession by an individual who is retired from service with a law enforcement agency and is not otherwise prohibited from receiving such a weapon or feeding device from such agency upon retirement​
I was under impression that anyone could bring a firearm into the state for an event or competition. Also do you think the police or Maura herself will be there inspecting magazines? Are we really all that afraid? This is a serious question. How afraid have we become?

Non-residents: Legal info on bringing guns into Mass. for competition or hunting
From Post One:

Basically, if you're bringing rifles or shotguns into Mass., they have to be unloaded and in a case when transporting them, and as long as you can legally possess them in your home state you don't need a non-resident License to Carry. However, they have to be what is known as "Non-large capacity rifles and shotguns."

This is because of Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 269 Section 10(m), which states:

(m) Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph (a) or (h), any person not exempted by statute who knowingly has in his possession, or knowingly has under his control in a vehicle, a large capacity weapon or large capacity feeding device therefor who does not possess a valid Class A or Class B license to carry firearms issued under section 131 or 131F of chapter 140, except as permitted or otherwise provided under this section or chapter 140, shall be punished by imprisonment in a state prison for not less than two and one-half years nor more than ten years. The possession of a valid firearm identification card issued under section 129B shall not be a defense for a violation of this subsection; provided, however, that any such person charged with violating this paragraph and holding a valid firearm identification card shall not be subject to any mandatory minimum sentence imposed by this paragraph. The sentence imposed upon such person shall not be reduced to less than one year, nor suspended, nor shall any person convicted under this subsection be eligible for probation, parole, furlough, work release or receive any deduction from his sentence for good conduct until he shall have served such minimum term of such sentence; provided, however, that the commissioner of correction may, on the recommendation of the warden, superintendent or other person in charge of a correctional institution or the administrator of a county correctional institution, grant to such offender a temporary release in the custody of an officer of such institution for the following purposes only: (i) to attend the funeral of a spouse or next of kin; (ii) to visit a critically ill close relative or spouse; or (iii) to obtain emergency medical services unavailable at such institution. Prosecutions commenced under this subsection shall neither be continued without a finding nor placed on file. The provisions of section 87 of chapter 276 relative to the power of the court to place certain offenders on probation shall not apply to any person 17 years of age or over charged with a violation of this section.

The provisions of this paragraph shall not apply to the possession of a large capacity weapon or large capacity feeding device by (i) any officer, agent or employee of the commonwealth or any other state or the United States, including any federal, state or local law enforcement personnel; (ii) any member of the military or other service of any state or the United States; (iii) any duly authorized law enforcement officer, agent or employee of any municipality of the commonwealth; (iv) any federal, state or local historical society, museum or institutional collection open to the public; provided, however, that any such person described in clauses (i) to (iii), inclusive, is authorized by a competent authority to acquire, possess or carry a large capacity semiautomatic weapon and is acting within the scope of his duties; or (v) any gunsmith duly licensed under the applicable federal law.
What this means is that in order to possess what Massachusetts considers "large capacity rifles and shotguns" or "large capacity feeding devices" (i.e. magazines), you need to have a non-resident Class A or Class B License to Carry Firearms. What is considered "large capacity" in Massachusetts is defined in Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 140 Section 121, which says in part:

“Large capacity feeding device”, (i) a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition or more than five shotgun shells; or (ii) a large capacity ammunition feeding device as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(31) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994. The term “large capacity feeding device” shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with,.22 caliber ammunition.

“Large capacity weapon”, any firearm, rifle or shotgun: (i) that is semiautomatic with a fixed large capacity feeding device; (ii) that is semiautomatic and capable of accepting, or readily modifiable to accept, any detachable large capacity feeding device; (iii) that employs a rotating cylinder capable of accepting more than ten rounds of ammunition in a rifle or firearm and more than five shotgun shells in the case of a shotgun or firearm; or (iv) that is an assault weapon. The term “large capacity weapon” shall be a secondary designation and shall apply to a weapon in addition to its primary designation as a firearm, rifle or shotgun and shall not include: (i) any weapon that was manufactured in or prior to the year 1899; (ii) any weapon that operates by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action; (iii) any weapon that is a single-shot weapon; (iv) any weapon that has been modified so as to render it permanently inoperable or otherwise rendered permanently unable to be designated a large capacity weapon; or (v) any weapon that is an antique or relic, theatrical prop or other weapon that is not capable of firing a projectile and which is not intended for use as a functional weapon and cannot be readily modified through a combination of available parts into an operable large capacity weapon.
It is a felony to possess these "large capacity" guns or magazines in Massachusetts without a non-resident LTC!

I was under impression that anyone could bring a firearm into the state for an event or competition. Also do you think the police or Maura herself will be there inspecting magazines? Are we really all that afraid? This is a serious question. How afraid have we become?

It doesn't have to be the pd, that is what some of us are trying to tell you. An out of state car pulls in, media catches the driver unloading his gear and the editing begins.

There is a difference between "impression" and "is". Past that, you said you spent 90 minutes trying to find a law prohibiting specific capacity magazines by out-of-state residents. With 30 seconds of Googling, I gave you a reference to the law prohibiting those magazines.

You asked what the law is. I told you. Where in any of that does "afraid" enter into it?

Do I expect anyone to be inspecting magazines? Beats me, but I don't care. All the magazines I own are legal in this state, either via capacity or via date of manufacture. YMMV.

From post one:

9f67bebb-199a-408a-afaf-38176e9ac48e-png.231320

We were number one! [banana] Seriously? Yep. Just call me Crispus...

Federal FOPA allow you to transport any firerarm ammo accessory through any state assuming its legal in your state of residence and your final destination.
Unfortunately states (think new York) will still jam you up.

You can have firearms not on the approved roster in MA, but must be compliant with any and all laws

You have to remember there was 20+ years where most MA firearm owners just bought their mags online or in Connecticut and claimed they just weren't legal to buy in MA.
I would argue there are probably more illegal mags in the state than legal ones....
Wait till you see the pile of legal mags/belts/drums im bringing..

I must own 500 mags and 20,000 links/belts.il probibly just load up 50 mags for each platform im bringing

Hey I’m not so prideful that I can’t admit when I’m wrong. Bring “pre bans” or something that resembles a preban then if you’re from out of state. Personally I’m not any of you so what you bring is on you. All I was trying to do was get people to come to a fun range day. When the mag capacity was limited to 10rnds people cried and said it wasn’t “make America free” now I say bring whatever you want and it’s well let’s not go doing that because then we’ll all be felons. Smh. Just come if you want to and don’t if you’re don’t.

Im actually getting excited about it other than the 2 hour drive each way...
Im looking for new events now that VT is worse than MA and NH is soon to follow.

I was debating heading south a couple times a year.
I just have too much hardware to fly with, wouldnt want to ship it, and dont care to drive through serveral states that i would have too with all my gear.

Instead of t-shirts.. it should have been chamber indicators.
If you get back to me promptly and are sure the event will happen ill donate 1-200 chamber flags. If i call today i could probably have the event printed On them.. if its latter ill order them blank...

$0.50 Chamber Flag / Empty Chamber Indicator | Chamber Safe

Might aswell let people keep them, so many walk off anyway. I dont even use them(i typically remove the barrel which obviously is the chamber) but everytime i get home somone has thrown some in my truck or left it in a gun.

I have metal ones because the plastic melt and causes malfunctions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom