Make America Free Again (Unless it rains) AR15 shoot 5/12/18

Its in western MA, the springfield area.. it wasnt advertised other than this thread or open to the public.i had invited about 15 neighbors... the ones i though there was a chance of getting along with...i think they were more scared/curious if id get "in trouble".noone came which was great...im going to pull alL the police reports from the last week and today to get a feel for how it was received.. in a month or so ill be bringing up the beltfeds.after my safety inspection im going to mention since citizen of MA can't be trusted with fireworks ill be doing tannerite on the 4th of july... ill probably only do tannerite once a year in an attempt to be a reasonable neighbor.

Im sure at some point some of you will be invited...i think hunting will be even more fun than target shooting.

Its just my own little slice of heaven.

I live in western MA! Great thread... enjoyed reading it... hope to make the short list if there is one down the road

I live in western MA! Great thread... enjoyed reading it... hope to make the short list if there is one down the road

There are photos in the other thread, im going to be using my .308 beltfed and tannerite today at the range to celebrate the 4rth .its still needs alittle work, assembly and leveling. Also need to haul about another 2000 lbs in steel, may have to put a center post on the saw horse style targets, i didnt expect the chains to be so heavy .

After this heat wave I’ll do trail maintenance to allow regular vehicles to get in without scratches
1CAFEC6D-AD27-448A-B764-83A475B2F609.jpeg 4E8B59FA-F756-488B-B7AF-2527467603CA.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a chainsaw...

Yeah, I can understand leaving the mature trees for shade and to prevent soil erosion on the hillside, but you have a lot of suckers there that might be trimmed out.

I know, easy for me to say as I am not the one that would have to haul them out.

:emoji_flag_us::emoji_tiger::emoji_flag_us:

1. People are upset .
  2. Police are great.
  3. Forgot to move my ladder and I got lucky, it only got shot once.
  4. Range needs repairs after day one.

I was under impression that anyone could bring a firearm into the state for an event or competition. Also do you think the police or Maura herself will be there inspecting magazines? Are we really all that afraid? This is a serious question. How afraid have we become?
Two issues:

1). There is a school of credible thought that no state exists that meets the "does not issue licensed to persons convicted of drug offenses or felonies", though, thanks to Fletcher v. Haas this could possibly be nullified for a state that had the prohibition in place for all except heathen devil weed offenses. Note that the exemption, even in the most optimistic reading, requires a permit from another state, district or territory or statutory carry authority as a LEO. Being from Vermont or another constitutional carry state is not "having a permit" for the purpose of this law, despite the claim by some who like to "fill in the blanks" that it does.

2). Using the logic of Commonwealth v. Cornelius, it is quite likely the courts would hold that the competitive exemption does not extend to high cap magazines or weapons, in the same manner it concluded that these items are not covered by the 60 day new resident exemption.

Back
Top Bottom