Make America Free Again (Unless it rains) AR15 shoot 5/12/18

I personally know these guys they are not pulling anybody's chain if they say their going to put on a shoot you can bet your bottom dollar it's gonna happen.

No problem with that. The issue is that they want to hide shooters with pre-ban mags in a corner away from the media. Screw that!

I'm curious from both sides what mag size has to do with freedom.

Absolutely nothing, which is why there is no need to keep those using pre-ban mags away from the media, that you shouldn't talking to anyway. Let the owner allowing the shoot talk to the media; then only he can be blamed if it backfires.

Absolutely nothing, which is why there is no need to keep those using pre-ban mags away from the media, that you shouldn't talking to anyway. Let the owner allowing the shoot talk to the media; then only he can be blamed if it backfires.

Or whomever the owner designates.

+1
Gerard-Braud-Author-Book-232x350.jpg

Ill repeat it one last time and let it be.
"Their house their rules", i repect their right to run it however they want.
What i cant condone is trying to make a media statement about freedom or resistance to a media that no matter what, will portray it in a negitive way...(think "the gun parlor")

The concept of "make america free again 2018" is flawed.
Its laughable that they want media attention and are trying to frame the photo op so there are a bunch of semi autos with 10rd mags.
Basically their saying "we resist" while depicting exactly what would satisfy most non-fanatic gun grabbers... who as we all know will just be back for more when riled up by the truely fanatic gun grabbers.

I understand NES can be a negative place somtimes, and we should encourage as many events as possible..this isnt about an event or like minded people getting together to have a good time.

Its some kind of ill conceived media event... i find it hard to believe the "think tank" that came up with this doesn't see how the entire concept is retarded.

This event sums up whats wrong with the majority of MA gun owners and why we are at where we're at.

Its some kind of ill conceived media event... i find it hard to believe the "think tank" that came up with this doesn't see how the entire concept is retarded.

This event sums up whats wrong with the majority of MA gun owners and why we are at where we're at.

I can't agree on getting guns owners together and shooting as a bad event. However, I do agree that there is a problem and it is the same as it ever was. Communication, as a tool for generating interest and message. This is why we have the saying "don't shoot the messenger". In MA I am an active supporter of GOAL and Comm2A as I don't know how to fix it.

There are two unspoken questions in all of this that I don't think have been answered cleanly:
  1. What are the organizers of the shoot trying to accomplish?
  2. How does the plan for the event help to advance that goal?

Last edited:
In all seriousness who has MA neutered mags?
They're great for the range, just like ten rounds Glock mags. Cheal, don't care if they break, no fuddy-buddies bothering me, and I don't usually do 30-round mag dumps. Also, the low profile helps when shooting from a bench.

I do agree that there is a problem and it is the same as it ever was. Communication, as a tool for generating interest and message. This is why we have the saying "don't shoot the messenger". In MA I am an active supporter of GOAL and Comm2A as I don't know how to fix it.

I fail to understand how this message is so wrong and/or ill conceived. It's a perfectly legal affair on private property. It's sad that many gun owners just want to keep such a low profile that anything visible gets viewed in a negative manner. I think that is what is going on here.

There are two unspoken questions in all of this that I don't think have been answered cleanly:
  1. What are the organizers of the shoot trying to accomplish?
  2. How does the plan for the event help to achieve that goal?

Why does there need to be a clear goal? Why cannot a group of people exercise God given rights of Constitutional freedom without having some sort of end game laid out? Once again if you don't have the fortitude that is a personal decision but for the love of all things 2A stop sowing seeds of dissent. Unlike this shoot that is what's not helpful...

Further update: 20, 30 round legal preban mags are acceptable, if you’re from NH or Maine then obviously your mags are legal and welcome. The whole point of his shoot is fighting for semi autos in the commonwealth, to show there’s no reason to demonize these particular firearms.
Non Resident License Info | Massachusetts | GOAL
Warning: Non-residents cannot legally bring any large capacity rifle, shotgun, or feeding device into the state of Massachusetts unless the individual is in possession of a non-resident temporary license to carry firearms (LTC). Please note: All "assault weapons" and feeding devices in MA must be ban-compliant. Please see MGL C.140 § 131M

Maybe not...

I fail to understand how this message is so wrong and/or ill conceived. It's a perfectly legal affair on private property. It's sad that many gun owners just want to keep such a low profile that anything visible gets viewed in a negative manner. I think that is what is going on here.

Why does there need to be a clear goal? Why cannot a group of people exercise God given rights of Constitutional freedom without having some sort of end game laid out? Once again if you don't have the fortitude that is a personal decision but for the love of all things 2A stop sowing seeds of dissent. Unlike this shoot that is what's not helpful...

Lol, your 100% off base.. keeping a low profile is the opposite of the problem.its ill conceived because we have a group of "freedom fighters" who dont even know what freedom is.... a group who wants media attention but doesnt even know what to do with it...they are also segregationalists helping the antis break "arms" into catagories, letting antis come back to ban the next firearm that is the new "weapon of war"

Why does their need to be a clear goal?
Well when you pitch something as a media event, youd better have a point or goal... even if you do the crooked media is going to portray you falsely..

I think the goal is to bring attention to MA semi auto owners and limiting it to semis and neutered mags may be to help reduce the likelyhood of fake news.(which it won't)
Which would be totally reasonable if it was promoted as a "we still have our AR15s event"...but "make America free again" "stand in solidarity" is the same level of nonsense the anti use..

If it were just an excuse to hold a shoot great.. some half cocked media campaign labeled as the participants "fighting back" is just counter productive.

100%? Come on now I know I am a better shot than that. Strangely enough you sir have gone from " What no 30 rounders? This is a neutered event!" to the more mainstream line of MA crest fallen patriots "OMG how can this help us? Any media is bad media..." type of stance. Seriously is this not the time to join together,or at least refrain from degrading any efforts to move the cause forward?

Non Resident License Info | Massachusetts | GOAL
Warning: Non-residents cannot legally bring any large capacity rifle, shotgun, or feeding device into the state of Massachusetts unless the individual is in possession of a non-resident temporary license to carry firearms (LTC). Please note: All "assault weapons" and feeding devices in MA must be ban-compliant. Please see MGL C.140 § 131M

Maybe not...
Was always aloud without a license if you were attending an event.

Lol, your 100% off base.. keeping a low profile is the opposite of the problem.its ill conceived because we have a group of "freedom fighters" who dont even know what freedom is.... a group who wants media attention but doesnt even know what to do with it...they are also segregationalists helping the antis break "arms" into catagories, letting antis come back to ban the next firearm that is the new "weapon of war"

Why does their need to be a clear goal?
Well when you pitch something as a media event, youd better have a point or goal... even if you do the crooked media is going to portray you falsely..

I think the goal is to bring attention to MA semi auto owners and limiting it to semis and neutered mags may be to help reduce the likelyhood of fake news.(which it won't)
Which would be totally reasonable if it was promoted as a "we still have our AR15s event"...but "make America free again" "stand in solidarity" is the same level of nonsense the anti use..

If it were just an excuse to hold a shoot great.. some half cocked media campaign labeled as the participants "fighting back" is just counter productive.

Why don’t you just stop being a pussy about it and come enjoy shooting some guns? If you want to trash talk the event, do so on your own forum and not the one I’m trying to use to help get people to come.

Was always aloud without a license if you were attending an event.

Just relaying what I found on GOAL. Wouldn't want anyone to get jammed up...

Massachusetts general law Chapter 140, §129C provides many exemptions from licensing requirements for non-residents coming into the state with rifles, shotguns and ammunition therefor. Briefly, these are

(1) hunters with valid nonresident hunting licenses,

(2) possession on a firing or shooting range, (As you stated)

(3) possession while traveling in or through the commonwealth with rifles or shotguns unloaded and enclosed in a case,

(4) possession while at a firearms show or display organized by a gun collectors club or association or

(5) carrying by nonresidents who meet the requirements for such carrying or possession in the state in which they reside.

Q. Are there any other Massachusetts rules I should be aware of?

A. The law now requires guns to be stored when not under the direct control of the authorized user. All guns, with the exception of primitive firearms, must be stored or kept in a “locked container” or with a “tamper resistant mechanical locking device” to prevent unauthorized use.

Transportation: When transporting large capacity rifles and shotguns, they must be unloaded and contained within a locked trunk, locked case or other secure container. Non large-capacity rifles and shotguns must be transported unloaded and in a case - due to contradictory information in MA law, GOAL recommends that the case is locked.

Non-resident that hold a temporary LTC who are transporting handguns in a vehicle, please note:

C.140 § 131C. no longer states how to transport a handgun not under the direct control of the licensee - GOAL recommends transporting all handguns unloaded in a locked case, locked trunk or other secure container.

State law also prohibits carrying guns loaded or unloaded on any school grounds without prior written permission of the board or officer in charge. It should also be noted that, Chapter 140, §123 generally prohibits Massachusetts firearms dealers from selling ammunition to non-residents.

Warning: Non-residents cannot legally bring any large capacity rifle, shotgun, or feeding device into the state of Massachusetts unless the individual is in possession of a non-resident temporary license to carry firearms (LTC). Please note: All "assault weapons" and feeding devices in MA must be ban-compliant. Please see MGL C.140 § 131M (As I stated)

More information;
Chapter 140: § 131G Carrying of firearms by non-residents; conditions

Chapter 140: § 129C Application of sec. 129B; ownership or possession of firearms or ammunition; transfers; report to executive director; exemptions; exhibiting license to carry, etc. on demand

100%? Come on now I know I am a better shot than that. Strangely enough you sir have gone from " What no 30 rounders? This is a neutered event!" to the more mainstream line of MA crest fallen patriots "OMG how can this help us? Any media is bad media..." type of stance. Seriously is this not the time to join together,or at least refrain from degrading any efforts to move the cause forward?

Why don’t you just stop being a pussy about it and come enjoy shooting some guns? If you want to trash talk the event, do so on your own forum and not the one I’m trying to use to help get people to come.

Lol, ill come. Then youll have to explain to me, all in attendance, and the media why some guns are ok but some aren't.
And its going to be embarrassing looking dumber than a guy with a machinegun, no pants and wearing a tinfoil ballistic helmet (dull side out obviously)
20180422_015457.jpg
20180422_015541.jpg

I can't agree on getting guns owners together and shooting as a bad event. However, I do agree that there is a problem and it is the same as it ever was. Communication, as a tool for generating interest and message. This is why we have the saying "don't shoot the messenger".

I fail to understand how this message is so wrong and/or ill conceived. It's a perfectly legal affair on private property.

Again, it is the communication and message not the event. I didn't say the event was wrong. I wish the organizers all the success in attendance and positive publicity they can garner.

There needs to be a clear goal because it's being called a "media event". You're inviting the media to view your message, and therefore you should be aware of what the message is and how you're presenting it. I've been reading this thread from the start, and I'm unclear on what the point is. How do you think that will translate to a 30 second blurb on the news?

So, yes, you should think about:
What is the message you are trying to use the media to communicate?
How are you going to present that message in a way that they will want to report?
How are you going to limit images that aren't helpful or are actively damaging to your message?​

Last edited:
Please remember the part of AG Healey's enforcement where she states that she will not go after "pre 7/20 banned firearms" AT THIS MOMENT.

Im not saying keep them hidden. Im not saying don't shoot them. Im not saying live in fear. But screaming "look at us, look at us" helps NO ONE. If this was an invite for a shoot and a good time without the call for attention then I think this idea would be perceived and accepted with a more positive tone.

We have been bit a few times in the past few years by the "look at me" type of crowd, hence the skepticism.

You beat the AG in the courtroom. Not in a field in Rochester. You are just poking the bear with no positive outcome.

Invitation to all willing to come for a solidarity shoot down in Rochester MA at a private outdoor range. The event will be held Saturday May 12. Further details to come. If you’re willing to come please comment and help spread the word. The event is now searchable on Facebook by looking up “make America free again 2018”

Update. I have posted a photo of the even page since so many people want to doubt me because I’m a new member and said details to come. I’ll be there if you’d like to meet me. Last time I checked I wasn’t a tyrannical lesbian. I’m also having shirts made for the event and selling them for cost. Any fund left over will be donated to GOAL. The design for the shirt is posted below. I have a go fund me up to raise the funding for the shirts based on 200 people coming. Click here to support Make America Free Again shirts organized by Derek John Hubbell

Further update: 20, 30 round legal preban mags are acceptable, if you’re from NH or Maine then obviously your mags are legal and welcome. The whole point of his shoot is fighting for semi autos in the commonwealth, to show there’s no reason to demonize these particular firearms.

There is some kind of error in the update to the OP

The issue is "if you’re from NH or Maine then obviously your mags are legal and welcome"...

No they are not welcome!, unless they are preban(1994). Someone's mags from outside the state must pass the same legal muster as ones already in the state.(there semi autos would also have to comply with the true meaning of the MA AWB....And an out of stater who happen to have a massified post 1994 healy ban AR would be pushing it one step further than every other felon in waiting attending the shoot)I'm sure out of staters could come and offer moral support and shoot someone's guns.

talk about poorly thought out...im not a PR agent or a lawyer, but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

Last edited:
I'm not up to speed with Faceplant postings, may it contains some info that's not in the thread.

1. Event organizing. I hope that organizers know what they are getting into, i.e. organized this before, because a good shoot takes a whole lot of effort and prior experience to get it right, not just a place. From the last three pages, I am not sure who the real organizers/owners are, but I hope that they can manage this to be a safe and fun get together. For the reference, look at some successful NES events/shoots happening and how much into detail they go to manage it, how many volunteers work at them to make it enjoyable for a capped event.

2. Media. Who is invited? The WBZ news or any of those "journalists" who lied in the past, yes, let me repeat that LIED openly and clearly. Is there an expectation that they will not this time for some reason? This is what concerns me. MFS2, all the best intentions paving the way into another shit show. I am still not clear on what message should this event send or what problems is trying to tackle. I get a feel that I'm not the only one.

Again, none of this meant to be an act of urination into a breakfast cereal, just some suggestions and ideas and constructive criticism, if any to hopefully make it a good event.

Back
Top Bottom