• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mak 90 options?

SKS Ray

NES Member
I picked up a Polytech Mak90 AK47 yesterday and want to get rid of the fugly thumbhole stock. My first thought was Ironwood designs and a complete stock set but at almost $100 its a little more than I wanted to spend.
The best part about swapping the stock is I have a standard shaped receiver:

100_0709.jpg

Any ideas?

I used Tapco for my stock and 922 compliance parts: ITs very easy to swap put the FCG parts just make sure you by the retainer plate other wise its not so easy. I am Dolt and I did it all in under a half hour LOL!!

P4300274.jpg

Last edited:
Ideas?

If I were unable to find a MAK 90 non-thumbhole stock, I'd get a Romy G stock (plenty of them out there), take a wood chisel/Dremel and make it fit.

Straight cut stamped receiver, single tang... it shouldn't be that difficult.

If your interested in a wood stock set try www.ironwooddesigns.com
alos I assume you already took off the rear stock so mke sure that the reciever is a ninty dgree cut and not a slant cut. A few mak90's (post ban) has slant cut recievers

Photobucket somehow lost that picture so its not up anymore but I wound up going with a stock set direct from Polytech.
Fits perfect like it should because its a Polytech rifle.[grin]

Back
Top Bottom