• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Making Skinflint look Gucci

i just did it - got a lock with thumb scanner on amazon and just did a steel plate to an existing door and enforced the locks receptacle. it should sustain a moderate force now, which is more than enough.
Previous owners added added an entryway and a two car garage to the house.
Entryway is on a full foundation and they cut a doorway from the existing basement.
With 8" concrete walls as long as I put in a good exterior fire rated door it will be very hard to get in.
Just time and money - if you have one the other is lacking.

Previous owners added added an entryway and a two car garage to the house.
Entryway is on a full foundation and they cut a doorway from the existing basement.
With 8" concrete walls as long as I put in a good exterior fire rated door it will be very hard to get in.
Just time and money - if you have one the other is lacking.
i`m not a proponent of excessively strong doors. they are very difficult to open if anything fails - and usually it will be you, eventually, facing that dilemma. :)
but, of course, it is not a huge deal to get a regular steel reinforced door, i think even home depot has them, in $3-4 hundreds range. would be more than enough.

i would simply started with a good lock. :)

Took it back out to the range today with my son.
Ran everything over the chrono.
Downloaded ammo at 2800 ran perfect
Standard loads at 3100 ran perfect.

Only thing that really changed was disassembling the gas system to gauge the gas port.

So I'm going to chuck it up to the gas block was misaligned.

Son's first comment was this thing needs a new trigger [rofl]
I guess I'm going to need to Gucci it up with a better trigger.

Took it back out to the range today with my son.
Ran everything over the chrono.
Downloaded ammo at 2800 ran perfect
Standard loads at 3100 ran perfect.

Only thing that really changed was disassembling the gas system to gauge the gas port.

So I'm going to chuck it up to the gas block was misaligned.

Son's first comment was this thing needs a new trigger [rofl]
I guess I'm going to need to Gucci it up with a better trigger.
Alls well that ends well. Tell the kid to front the money for the trigger and you won’t charge him rifle rental fees

Thinking about a drop in
Lots of good reviews
i use only triggertech for drop ins, but they are more $.
with enough rifles in the stable it is important to have same/similar feel on them, so i try using only larues and triggertech, with triggertechs slowly pushing larues out, as i get some every year at their sales events.

Back
Top Bottom