Who makes your favorite upper?

TJ4

NES Member
I have a pre-ban AR lower and I’m having a hard time navigating all of the choice of manufacturers for upper receivers. I’m a complete noob when it comes to AR upper receivers, so I thought I would ask the folks here what brands of uppers they like. I’m thinking of a 16” or 18” barrel in 5.56 on this one. I don’t need anything crazy or exotic, but I also don’t mind spending more to get better quality and value. come to think of it, I’m willing to hear the crazy and exotic recommendations, too. Primarily this will be a range gun for 200 yards and under shooting sessions.

Who makes your favorite uppers and/or upper components? What makes would you avoid?

For what you want to do with the rifle I would pick up an Aero Precision for $425 bucks, it’s a quality build for the money. You can bang steel all day at 200 yards with that upper. The best part, you saved enough money to buy an upgraded trigger pack which will have a bigger affect on accuracy.

I like BCM, Daniel Defense, Colt, Sionics, LMT, and Sons of Liberty Gunworks. You’ll get folks here telling you an Anderson is just as good as BCM and you’re wasting your money buying something like a BCM. This isn’t true but if this is just going to be a plinker and if you’re only shooting 300 rounds a year like most people, a cheaper make would probably be fine. If this is going to be a gun you might depend on in a self defense situation or be shooting thousands of rounds a year with, I would stick with a quality brand with good quality control.

Back
Top Bottom