45° or 90° Safety on AR

Which do you prefer

• 90°

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • 45°

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
Not a big AR shooter myself, but I really preferred a lower with a short throw 45 deg safety. Lot crisper and quicker than a mil spec IMO

Edit: Plus, if you are not sure, consider looking at some enhancled LPKs like Strike Industries that offer the parts that'll do either 90 or 45. Not a huge deal to go back and forth and see what you'd like.

Not a big AR shooter myself, but I really preferred a lower with a short throw 45 deg safety. Lot crisper and quicker than a mil spec IMO
I’d rather be used to the 100’s of thousands of guns that are 90. Vs the boutique hundreds at 45/60 deg

No oops not enough

You clearly don't know what you're doing unless you have an ambi 45 degree safety and an X.3484 inch barrel length AR.

Edit: Plus, if you are not sure, consider looking at some enhancled LPKs like Strike Industries that offer the parts that'll do either 90 or 45. Not a huge deal to go back and forth and see what you'd like.
AK master race checking in?

You can circumcise an enemy when you put it on safe!
Meh... I don't usually bother with the safety because lets be real.. is the ALG trigger I put in my Mak 90 really drop safe anyways?

Still fires on "safe" and sometimes if I shake the gun hard enough so it's kind of like a "360 degree safety." (take that AR nerds) boy is it a crisp pull though

Meh... I don't usually bother with the safety because lets be real.. is the ALG trigger I put in my Mak 90 really drop safe anyways?

Still fires on "safe" and sometimes if I shake the gun hard enough so it's kind of like a "360 degree safety." (take that AR nerds) boy is it a crisp pull though
Don't underestimate the weeotinne

I wouldn’t switch from a 90 but when I was putting together my sbr I snagged a Strike Ind. 45. Admittedly, I do like it a lot especially on a rifle with a shorter length of pull.

I got the Geissele SSA-E, the selector I have is an ambitious and it can be installed 45 or 90. hence the question about the selector.

If you don't lose the detent spring, swapping the safety out is a couple minute task. Set it up as 45 and play with it it. If you don't like it, change it to standard 90.

Back
Top Bottom