Magpul B.A.D. Lever (Battery Assist Device) Pros and Cons?

I have one on my 3 gun rig, it makes reloads really quick. If you have fat sausage fingers or gloves, your going to need a bigger trigger area so I also recommend the Magpul trigger guard as well.

Put it on my AR and didn't like it. I just didn't like the location. Try it, it may work for you.

I DO like it on my 9mm sbr. I use that gun for steel shoots and it is easier to lock the bolt open after shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one I think it's pretty cool, easier using trigger finger to release the bolt than using my left hand on the receiver.

I'm left handed. I bought one thinking i could use my thumb to drop he bolt with my thumb while inserting a mag with my right hand.

It worked, but I wasn't comfortable shoving my thumb into the trigger guard.

So I took it off.

If anyone wants it, pm me and I'll sell it reasonably.

I have one - it seems simple enough. You can still smack the side, but have an additional option at your disposal. I dig it - but only have one. Make of that what you will.

I've got it on both my ARs and my wife's AR. We like it.

Disadvantage... if you put your rifle down on the left side with the bolt locked back, it's too easy to have the weight of the rifle trip the bolt release by itself. Other than that... love it.

We'll have our ARs at the Pumpkin Blast this weekend if you want to see the BAD lever in the wild.

I was shooting an AR at 600 yards with a sling on my left arm, so I couldn't move that hand to reach the release. I also had a scope on it, so it was not really possible to reach over the top with my right hand, and the sling was so tight that I couldn't twist the rifle to bring the release much closer to my only free hand. In that application, it's really nice to be able to release the bolt with your trigger finger. You can just sweep down the side, and your finger never has to actually enter the trigger guard because the B.A.D. sticks out a little past that.

I have one I think it's pretty cool, easier using trigger finger to release the bolt than using my left hand on the receiver.

This. Just like with a pistol, the hand that holds the gun closes the bolt. You do need to practice with it first!

Update - I did go ahead and add the Magpul B.A.D. lever. Have practiced with it a couple of times and so far I love it. Thanks for everyone's input!

It makes it possible to lock back to bolt while keeping your strong hand on the pistol grip. I have them on all of my ARs.

This. On all my AR's, too.

I can drop the magazine and lock the bolt open without ever moving the weapon from my shoulder and my strong hand from a firing position. To really appreciate what I just said, watch the line sometime as people flail away as they administratively unload their rifles. The muzzle flies all over as the shooters try to hold the bolt catch with one hand and draw back the charging handle with the other. [shocked]

Back
Top Bottom