Magazine info for PPS50

SKS Ray

NES Member
The PPS50 I bought yesterday looks and seems to work great, only problem is I think either something is wrong with the drum magazine or I just have no idea how to load it.[sad]
It doesn't wind like a standard drum mag, but does have a spring inside so I'm guessing that somehow it needs to be wound to feed correctly.
Anyone have a link for info on these, or better yet a link with mags for sale, either stick or drum?

Ray,

You know we can't post links for mag suppliers here. [sad]

Have you tried the "normal suspects"?

Do you have the Surplusrifle.com CDs? That might be a good starting point on info as to how the mags work. If you don't have the CDs, send me an Email and let me know and I'll look for you later this evening when I get back from the day's adventures.

I hear ya Len about posting links. I was thinking more along the lines of a confidential PM.[wink]
I stayed up pretty late last night trying to figure the drum magazine's workings and with some help from Madmarc0 this morning I realized someone has tinkered with the one I have that came with the gun. Unfortunately these things are as rare as hen's teeth and while I could dismiss the drum, the chances of finding a stick mag that fits my model are slim and none from what I've seen.
It seems lots of folks somehow convert these legally to full auto and they have a huge following in the subgun collector market. Makes sense to me because 22lr is cheap to shoot and fun.
I may wind up bringing it back to the shop where I got it from and getting my $$$ back if all else fails.
After all, what fun is a PPSH copy if you can't shoot it?!?

What is wrong with it? When I got mine I had to fix the drum to get the spring tension back. Can you take a pic of the inside and outside? I just took mine apart again and I had to refix it because the spring poped out of the slot in the center of the drum. I got a drum and a mag with mine. The drum works good and the mag needs some fitting to seat right.

What is wrong with it? When I got mine I had to fix the drum to get the spring tension back. Can you take a pic of the inside and outside? I just took mine apart again and I had to refix it because the spring poped out of the slot in the center of the drum. I got a drum and a mag with mine. The drum works good and the mag needs some fitting to seat right.

After taking the cover off mine to check it out and try to figure out how to load it, this is what I have:

pps50drum.jpg

pps50drum1.jpg

pps50drum2.jpg

I've got good spring tension, its still connected to the white part that holds the rounds. What I don't have is a type of follower to help feed rounds. Just a small black plastic wire with a ball at each end thats connected to a nub. I heard there is supposed to be a few dummy rounds to help feed the mag and a tool that helps in loading it. Mine came just as you see it.

Just a reminder, you can build almost any small part out of epoxy putty...

I opened mine and this is what I saw

DSC02460.jpg

It looks like you are missing the dummy rounds. Mine comes with 3 dummy rounds atached to each other.

DSC02461.jpg

Maybe try and get some dummy rounds and load them into the drum then they couid be your spacers. It wouldn't be exactly right but it sould give it the spacers it need to fire. Try that and if it doesn't work bring the gun back.

it looks to me that if you just load it the worse that will happen is the last 3 live rounds won't feed. ( they will take the place of the missing parts) I would stick a screwdriver in an open slot and use it to move the internal white piece to the left as you load. while it is not perfect it may work then. (I know some of the AK drums you have to load with the back open. )

Then again it may not work.

Back
Top Bottom