• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Towns Suspending Licensing?

Just because you send it in, does not mean that they "accepted" it. There are several towns that will only accept an application on their terms.
Made every attempt to comply with draconian Massachusetts gun laws in court in front of a judge and jury if charged. Maybe, at that point, might be time to take Jill and the two little girls back south. Who needs Massachusetts' horseshit. Try to comply and STILL be in violation.

Made every attempt to comply with draconian Massachusetts gun laws in court in front of a judge and jury if charged. Maybe, at that point, might be time to take Jill and the two little girls back south. Who needs Massachusetts' horseshit. Try to comply and STILL be in violation.
The only offense in front of the judge (may not get a jury for a civil offense) would be the civil offense of carrying/possessing on an expired license.
  • They are unlikely to bring charges under the circumstances
  • The amount of the fine (I think the max is $5000, typically much less) would be dwarfed by legal fees fighting it
  • Since it is not a felony, misdafelony, crime of violence, or gun/ammo crime with possible jail/prison time, it does not render one a state or federal PP.
  • Beating it would not change suitability much - it's on your record for eternity no matter what. Archeologists in future millennia will probably end up decoding your record if a copy of the Rosetta Stone software is found.

Last edited:
This is why some suggest renewing 4-6 months in advance.

If my license was expiring soon I would mail the renewal certified mail return receipt. May not totally cover your ass but at least you can prove you submitted the renewal on time.

In an email from the Franklin MA Police an hour or so go...

Firearms LicensingRenewals of firearms licenses will continue to occur on-line only. The picture needed to complete the renewal will occur on a later date to be determined. All new license applications are suspended until further notice.

Chickenshit bastards!!!!! Yet they'll expect medical personell to be right at their bedside if they ever fell ill.

This is absolutely the time when you simply say "Fvck You and Your Licensing" and carry anyway.

I was in the car with my girlfriend and she got pulled over for rolling a stop sign. The cop sat there for a few minutes and then just left. Didn't bother even coming to the window.

Well not an official notice but tickets will be fewer than normal for the next several weeks unless you’re a complete ahole. No one I know wants to walk up to a window with someone sneezing or coughing on them and rightly so. Hopefully they will provide something additional funds to officers and departments for the additional cleaning and risks that officers are exposed to. My two cents anyway.

Hopefully they will provide something additional funds to officers and departments for the additional cleaning and risks that officers are exposed to. My two cents anyway.

MA police get plenty of perks with the job. They have to accept the risks inherent in the job. They should be issued proper PPE though.

MA police get plenty of perks with the job. They have to accept the risks inherent in the job. They should be issued proper PPE though.
I would like to see some additional pay since the additional is higher than the public. That’s not perk.

Hopefully they will provide something additional funds to officers and departments for the additional cleaning and risks that officers are exposed to. My two cents anyway.

I agree. You never know if the person making coffee an donuts washed his/her hands.

This is why some suggest renewing 4-6 months in advance.

If my license was expiring soon I would mail the renewal certified mail return receipt. May not totally cover your ass but at least you can prove you submitted the renewal on time.
A certified receipt doesnt prove anything. It only proves you sent something that required signature, and because someone might have to sign for it on the other end, they might actually do something with it. Besides, I dont know any PD in MA thst will renew over the mail, dont they all ask for an interview? - maybe I always got lucky.

That is assuming you even get the little green paper back. I think I only get about 40% of those back.

Being a history buff,I wonder what the Minutemen would have did 244 years ago if this happened then? ;)

Clearly you are not a grammar buff.

Well not an official notice but tickets will be fewer than normal for the next several weeks unless you’re a complete ahole. No one I know wants to walk up to a window with someone sneezing or coughing on them and rightly so. Hopefully they will provide something additional funds to officers and departments for the additional cleaning and risks that officers are exposed to. My two cents anyway.

Good job woodsy. This is clearly the time for public servants to whine about doing their jobs and needing more money. Its not enough to finish your meal but you need to lick the plate too.

A certified receipt doesnt prove anything. It only proves you sent something that required signature, and because someone might have to sign for it on the other end, they might actually do something with it.

I'm no lawyer, but I believe that legally, if you send a piece of certified (or insured, etc.) mail and it gets lost, you're entitled to the presumption that the mail piece contained what you say it did. (Like, the IRS can't ding you for late filing/payment if you send in your tax return, and check, by certified mail and it gets lost.)

And I've never had an issue getting the green return-receipt postcards back.

I'm no lawyer, but I believe that legally, if you send a piece of certified (or insured, etc.) mail and it gets lost, you're entitled to the presumption that the mail piece contained what you say it did. (Like, the IRS can't ding you for late filing/payment if you send in your tax return, and check, by certified mail and it gets lost.)

And I've never had an issue getting the green return-receipt postcards back.
How do you prove anything?

You have a receipt from the post office that you mailed something certified.
Maybe, you have the green piece of paper showing someone received it. Maybe.

Now what? ... you could have mailed a turd nugget.

What you are saying is interesting, I have never heard of that. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Bullshit, other than the struck by lightning odds of being shot, a waitress or Walmart door greeter and any cashier comes in contact with far more people in a day than your average cop does in a week or more.
Dont forget nurses, bus drivers, cab drivers, bank employees (people + touching money), the guy picking up trash...

Plenty of people come in contact with more people and are at higher risk than a dude spending most of his day sitting in a car blinding everyone with that damn light show that looks like an EDM concert is going on.

(Side note: I dont understand how that light show is safe, it blinds everyone).

With everyone buying stuff like crazy and the high risk to cashiers, I think we should take some funding away from the PD, at least for a few weeks, and give it to cashiers.

Clearly you are not a grammar buff.

Good job woodsy. This is clearly the time for public servants to whine about doing their jobs and needing more money. Its not enough to finish your meal but you need to lick the plate too.
Just a nice Thank You will suffice

Was sent the below, curious if others have seen this and if it applies to LTCs.

don't know but this is exactly why i got my LTC and my AR years ago, when I started to see where the US was heading - I knew when I really needed them, the government would not let us get them.

I would like to see some additional pay since the additional is higher than the public. That’s not perk.
Please. I'm a CT Tech. I work in a hospital, in the ER, with actual sick people all night for 12 hour shifts. We have hand sanitizer, masks, and gloves. Same as last week. Same as last month. I am, have been, and WILL BE, at higher risk for contracting more serious illnesses than any cop on the side of the road. I'm not getting a raise. Why should you?

And before you climb on your horse, this has NOTHING to do with the relative importance, safety, danger, whatever of either job. It is WHOLLY directed at the entitlement you apparently feel.

Please. I'm a CT Tech. I work in a hospital, in the ER, with actual sick people all night for 12 hour shifts. We have hand sanitizer, masks, and gloves. Same as last week. Same as last month. I am, have been, and WILL BE, at higher risk for contracting more serious illnesses than any cop on the side of the road. I'm not getting a raise. Why should you?
Because it is easier to soak the taxpayers than private businesses.

Back
Top Bottom