MA State Trooper accidentally shoots himself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They haven't said much on how serious the injury is. Lets hope it is not very serious and that he will be ok.

Now, do you think they will reveal the truth behind what happened? We going accident or attempted suicide? Where will this fall?

They haven't said much on how serious the injury is. Lets hope it is not very serious and that he will be ok.

Now, do you think they will reveal the truth behind what happened? We going accident or attempted suicide? Where will this fall?

They put him on a helicopter so I assume it's serious.

Apache? or Chinook?

It was a medflight:

8801293_G.jpg

Looks like it is a Airbus Helicopter H135 (formerly Eurocopter EC135, derived from the BK117)

I hope he recovers quickly and fully.

It's not what we thought, he was shot in the femur with a shotgun during training.

Here's what came over the pager:

Devens, MA *Officer Down* Fitchburg Rd. Accidental Shooting. Trooper Down During Training. Discharge Of Shotgun. Medflight E/R. 11:30am

Devens, MA *Officer Down* Fitchburg Rd. U/D: Discharge Of Shotgun During Training At Devens Airfield. Buckshot Wound To Femur. 11:32am

Last edited:
It's not what we thought, he was shot in the femur with a shotgun during training.

Oh boy. That's really bad news. Quite possibly life threatening or disabling. The amount of damage done by a shotgun wound can be horrific.

Oh boy. That's really bad news. Quite possibly life threatening or disabling. The amount of damage done by a shotgun wound can be horrific.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. A handgun would be bad enough but a shotgun at such close range...well...any range really....ouch.

The news and pager reports never said the the troopers injury was self inflicted, since it was during a training exercise, it's possible he was accidentally shot by someone else standing next to him.
This sounds more feasible because it's pretty tough to shoot yourself in the femur with a long gun unless you were doing something really stupid.

Here's what came over the pager:

ye-ouch! hopefully he'll be alright, someone ****ed up bad. 12ga close range will turn a limb into alpo chunks. poor bastard.

That's got to be a tough radio call for a trooper to make...

Disregard - For some reason I immediately him accidently shooting himself in or around his cruiser and then having to call it in.

Best wishes to the injured Trooper.

Last edited:
yeah...painful and potentially life threatening just because of the area. If the bone was broken as a result of the shot I cannot even imagine the pain. I'm sure the medics got some pain killer in him but still. Of course that is assuming he was conscious through the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom