MA State Police Investigating Pay For Unworked Shifts

Update:

The changes have already begun.
Many of the cruisers were renumbered this week to 4 digits with the letter E removed, they also got new plates that bear the new numbers.
The old E1 barracks in Weston had the letter E removed from the front of the building and replaced with an H.
Also, earlier reports were incorrect as to the new barracks identifiers, the Weston barracks is now H8 and the tunnel barracks is now H9.
Aditionally, the GPS tracking in their cruiser laptops have been activated, so all the cruisers are now being tracked.
They've had this capability for several years now, but it was never activated until this week.
Also, for you scanner listeners, I've been told that they'll soon be switching over to using the existing H-Patrol-2 talk group in sectors six and seven (33296), and H-Patrol-3 in sector eight (33328).

Sector 7 runs from the Allston/Cambridge exit West to the 120 mile marker in Weston.
Sector 6 runs from the 120 mile marker West to exit 11 in Millbury.
Sector 8 runs from the Allston/Cambridge exit East, through the TWT to East Boston, and it also includes I-93 from exit 15 at Columbia Rd, North through the O'Neill Tunnel and Zakim Bridge to the Charlestown exit.

I guess they'll be out on force now pulling people over left and right for any little thing to prove there whereabouts at any given time in the day.

Typical. A civilian puts in for untaken travel and gets a felony prosecution. State police are "investigated", but will almost not certainly face felony theft charges.
If anyone needs more proof how corrupt the system is, the lack of prosecution of these crooked troopers will prove it.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for indictments.

"A clerical error for which no charges are appropriate"

Just like this: Maura Healey: No criminal charges in edited police report case

‘‘The culture of Massachusetts State Police must be transformed starting with management,’’ Kevin Burke, former Essex County district attorney, and Nancy McGillivray, former US marshal for the District of Massachusetts, said in a report detailing the findings of their investigation.

And we can start with her.

Update:

The changes have already begun.
Many of the cruisers were renumbered this week to 4 digits with the letter E removed, they also got new plates that bear the new numbers.
The old E1 barracks in Weston had the letter E removed from the front of the building and replaced with an H.
Also, earlier reports were incorrect as to the new barracks identifiers, the Weston barracks is now H8 and the tunnel barracks is now H9.
Aditionally, the GPS tracking in their cruiser laptops have been activated, so all the cruisers are now being tracked.
They've had this capability for several years now, but it was never activated until this week.
I do believe they've also implemented a face-to-face roll call at the start of a shift.

so now what? did they just change the signs, and now it's business as usual?
hqdefault.jpg

Here's something I was wondering about. Massport, a quasi-independent state authority, has its own income sources one of which is landing fees at Logan and other smaller airports it "owns". The landing fees are paid primary by the commercial air travel/cargo industry which happens to be federally regulated.

Since the staties at F Troop were being paid directly by Massport, wouldn't the theft of overtime dollars from Massport rise to the level of a federal crime? The history of corruption in this state has long followed the pattern that the political class investigates the crimes of the political class and those associated with it. The investigations never find prosecutable offenses. It is only when the crimes implicate federal issue and the US Attorney gets involved do we ever get the truth or see someone convicted.

Funny I fly in and out of Logan twice a week. I could see cruisers everywhere but rarely a trooper. Last night my wife was picking me up and called to tell me there were Troopers everywhere telling people to keep it moving.

I bet it boils down to 'supervisors didn't verify the hours', so the troopers aren't responsible for the extra hours since the supervisors signed off on the time sheets.

Supervisors are held responsible to other supervisors and won't face any discipline. Supervisors all get promotions.

Trooper in OT scandal says many of his colleagues also committed fraud, bosses knew about it

By The Boston Globe May 29, 2019

A former State Police trooper facing sentencing for his role in the overtime fraud scandal told a federal judge this week that almost every member of his troop used the same scheme with the knowledge of their superior officers, but “only a handful of us were singled out for federal prosecution.’’

The statements mark the latest revelation about the alleged breadth of the questionable payroll practices. Other troopers ensnared in the scandal and their lawyers have described the theft as both coordinated and systemic. A federal judge this month said the scandal appeared to amount to a conspiracy.

The most recent trooper to describe the scheme,Heath P. McAuliffe, 41, of Hopkinton, made the remarks in a letter to US District Judge Denise Casper, who is scheduled to sentence McAuliffe next week.

Source: Trooper in OT scandal says many of his colleagues also committed fraud, bosses knew about it | Boston.com

Back
Top Bottom