• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA: SEVEN ROUND MAG BAN! This is not a joke.

WTF is wrong with these people, that they sit in a room and think 7 rounds is the magic number. These people are so ****ing stupid it makes my head hurt.

It is a magic number in a way. It covers commercially available mags for most semi-auto pistols and rifles, including 1911's and M1 Garands. Leaves everyone with revolvers and bolt-actions- except for cops and criminals of course. (their enforcers and their constituents)

...and don't think for one second that Cuomo...Patrick....and many others didn't get together in that room and hatch this all out...it's just the tip of the iceberg. [puke]

They pick 7 because they will keep lowering it until you have nothing.

It worked in Europe so they're doing it here. Go ahead and keep giving ground, they'll keep taking it.

This... if this doesn't wake up "Fuds" nothing will. Going from 10 to 7 is a clear indication they intend to simple legislate away our ability to purchase/own anything, one step at a time. I don't think they are going to even give us time to form a counter-attack, I'm expecting a rushed, closed door meeting like they did in NY. This stuff doesn't just "Suddenly" happen, and I fully expect the same 7 rd BS to be suggested in CT.

It is a magic number in a way. It covers commercially available mags for most semi-auto pistols and rifles, including 1911's and M1 Garands. Leaves everyone with revolvers and bolt-actions- except for cops and criminals of course. (their enforcers and their constituents)
We are now the criminals.

No media outlet is covering anything about the 7 round limit. I just wrote the editor of the Boston Herald pointing out the articles in question in the new legislation. Hopefully they speak up write something to get the word out.

This... if this doesn't wake up "Fuds" nothing will. Going from 10 to 7 is a clear indication they intend to simple legislate away our ability to purchase/own anything, one step at a time. I don't think they are going to even give us time to form a counter-attack, I'm expecting a rushed, closed door meeting like they did in NY. This stuff doesn't just "Suddenly" happen, and I fully expect the same 7 rd BS to be suggested in CT.

CT has a 1 round bill. The Fudds probably think that could never happen in MA.

There are plenty of states out there who won't make any new laws, because they could care less. NY, MA, California, etc are all screwed.

NES only has so much reach. We all need to contact our clubs and have them get the word out. Know someone at a gun shop? Call them to and tell them all to start hammering their reps and go to the rally on Saturday.

This is no time for "OMG, FU Deval" and so on. This is time for action. The FU's come later.

MODS: Please sticky this!!!!

Done. Although it took me 20 minutes to do it because of the overload...

*face palm*

You start calling reps first thing in the morning. You attend the rally on Saturday. If there's a hearing, you take a day off and go.

This, plus ten billion.

-Mike

I wasn't around to call go-time when that happened, and my pissed off generation wasn't around yet either.

Huh? Last I checked you are still subject to those laws. Are you saying that you can only get up and do something the exact moment the law goes on the books?

Take a few minutes to read the bill. http://www.mass.gov/governor/legisla...arms-laws.html

It effectively outlaws almost all semi-automatic handguns. It redefines "large capacity feeding device" as between 7 and 10 rounds.

1. You can't use magazines that take more than 10 rounds. You have one year to dispose of them or sell them to a purchaser lawfully permitted to own them (out of state).
2. You can use magazines that YOU currently own that take 10 rounds, but only fill them with 7 rounds.
3. You can only buy one gun OR large capacity feeding device per month.
4. HOWEVER, since the law states that you can use "a large capacity feeding device that such person lawfully possessed before the effective date of this act that has a capacity of, or that can readily be restored or converted to accept, more than seven but no more than ten rounds of ammunition, where such device contains more than seven rounds of ammunition,"
there is little point to buy a used 10 round magazine from someone.
5. Until manufacturers make 7 round magazines for standard guns, you can't buy a new gun for which you don't have the magazine except 1911s, Walther PPK and a few others that make 7 round magazines.

Unless something is done VERY FAST, this law will be ramrod approved and we are left to constitutional challenges.

We need to get this on the front page of Drudge.

I'm going to look into that later today, but the more people pushing it the better.

NY and MA are spitting in our faces and shitting on the Bill of Rights, do what you can within your own sphere of influence.

I work with several gun owners that are NOT up on this shit, one was even in favor of banning 30 rd magazines (don't ask), I can't wait to see his face when I tell him his semi-auto handguns are now FUBAR.

Maybe this will wake them up.

no mention of this proposed legislation in todays papers, they are trying to ram it up our asses quietly and sneakily like the cowards they are.

I'm reaching out to friends but people are ****ing lazy. Do we have a template/draft of an email we can send to our representatives??? I can help my friends out with it and they'll send emails.

So, if I read this right, I can buy a gun, or a magazine, But not both, in any 30 day period. So, I buy a new handgun, but can't use it until 30 days later when I am eligible to buy a magazine for it?

Last edited:
Write to your reps AND call them. I spent 25 minutes on the phone with my rep and i feel very satisfied with his point of view on the subject. The fact is, there are a large number of democrats in this state that agree with the second amendment and do not want to see it butchered, but these reps have to react based on what their constituents want done. Please call and write your reps and tell them that you do not want to be punished for something that a criminal did.

Last edited:
I'm reaching out to friends but people are ****ing lazy. Do we have a template/draft of an email we can send to our representatives??? I can help my friends out with it and they'll send emails.

THIS.

Close to 500,000 people have done it already. It does not get any easier than that. Fill it out, and hit submit. I said it once and I will say it again. Good on Ruger for doing this. It literally breaks down and tells you who the letter is going to. It gets sent immediately.

How did they come up with this BS? Did they spin the wheel and it landed on 7?

View attachment 50601

Because it will rule out so many guns with the exception of subcompacts some 1911s and most revolvers. Think what is offered with a capacity of 7 or less in the handgun and semi auto long gun market. They are trying to ban firearm sales without saying they are. First 7 than 5 and so on and so on until we have nothing left. Just take it away slowly the gun nuts will never expect it they will except there 7 rounds then we just wait a year or 2 and go at it again. Never except it stand up make your self heard and fight for what is right.

Back
Top Bottom