• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA: SEVEN ROUND MAG BAN! This is not a joke.

I just read the proposed bill. Here is my interpretation. If you already have 10 round magazines, you can keep them, but you can only load 7 rounds into it. If your magazine holds over 10 rounds, it is going to be outright banned. Once the bill passes, new magazines may not exceed 7 rounds. This is pure insanity. They want us to count the bullets going into the magazines.

Its funny watching a bunch of guys get pissed off because they're shrinking your 10 round limit to 7.

Hey guys, YOU HAVE A 10 ROUND LIMIT!! Doesn't that piss you off?

If that didn't cause go time, why would 7?

I'm no better than you and I include myself in every accusation I am making. Fact is, we cowards and we will take everything they give us. Always have. Always will.

I wish it was different.

I'm gonna do whatever i can to help out, then I'm outta here in August. I just can't stand this state anymore. Shame on these "public servants".

Its funny watching a bunch of guys get pissed off because they're shrinking your 10 round limit to 7.

Hey guys, YOU HAVE A 10 ROUND LIMIT!! Doesn't that piss you off?

If that didn't cause go time, why would 7?

I'm no better than you and I include myself in every accusation I am making. Fact is, we cowards and we will take everything they give us. Always have. Always will.

I wish it was different.

I wasn't around to call go-time when that happened, and my pissed off generation wasn't around yet either.

"Send it" like chinalfr from my can attached to a string from another can in the lair of the dark lord kramdar.

Who is going to make a special MA/NY only 7 round magazine? What they are doing is basically rendering all of these rifles useless that are purchased on or after the ban. That will mean they only have to contend with the pre ban stuff. Of the pre ban stuff, they only have to deal with the hi cap stuff for 12 months. All that's left is the 10 round stuff from 94 on. It's an end around to ban the AR entirely without coming out and just saying it.

The strategy is crystal clear. Limiting to 7 isn't dumb, it's genius. The only thing better would be 8 or 6. Some number other than the NY 7 which would make it more unlikely that any manufacturer would make a MA mag. Pretty soon, the AR's will be like Glocks, not banned but not approved. Before long they will be a common as a unicorn.

Note:

This also establishes a rule limiting purchases of magazines to "One 8-round 1911 magazine per month".

Seriously.

Truth be told, a NY citizen has more balls than the sheep in MA and isn't afraid to suggest picking off politicans:

If only we could organize every gun owner in the state to arm up and remove these scumbags from office. We live in a sad state where all the armed people can get steamrolled by the unarmed... Perhaps we are too civil for our own good.

Are they banning the guns or the magazines? Maybe that's the angle they're going for.

You get to the same place. Heller defines the 2A around firearms in common use. That is why the AW ban should not hold up, or the 7 and maybe even the 10 round ban, and certainly a retroactive mag ban which is also a taking for no compensation. I have older pistols that only take hi caps >10 (pre-1994 stuff). By making me sell my mags (or turn them in), they have effectively forced me to sell/confiscated the firearm itself.

This is even more ballsy than what Obama did with his tax proposals -- they are throwing everything they can into the bill and hoping some of it will stick after a court battle. Of course, it's going to cost the taxpayers a boat load of money, which is sad, while at the same time doing nothing to promote safety. Pure politics.

Last edited:
WTF is wrong with these people, that they sit in a room and think 7 rounds is the magic number. These people are so ****ing stupid it makes my head hurt.

NES only has so much reach. We all need to contact our clubs and have them get the word out. Know someone at a gun shop? Call them to and tell them all to start hammering their reps and go to the rally on Saturday.

This is no time for "OMG, FU Deval" and so on. This is time for action. The FU's come later.

MODS: Please sticky this!!!!

Well, the NY law is likely going to get some legal "scrutiny" but I'm not shocked that the anti-freedom folks in MA are up to their old shenanigans. Anything from GOAL?

Civil disobedience is really my only course of action aside and from protesting, donating, writing to representatives.

WTF is wrong with these people, that they sit in a room and think 7 rounds is the magic number. These people are so ****ing stupid it makes my head hurt.

It is a magic number in a way. It covers commercially available mags for most semi-auto pistols and rifles, including 1911's and M1 Garands. Leaves everyone with revolvers and bolt-actions- except for cops and criminals of course. (their enforcers and their constituents)

I know this is getting discussed in a few other threads, but I thought it prudent to post it at the top level, because I know for a fact that some people aren't reading especially deeply into some of the others.

If we can't get out in front of this, we're screwed.

The rallying cry now shouldn't be "go time" to should be "politics time." We can stop this, if we stand up and shout loud enough.

This x 10

They pick 7 because they will keep lowering it until you have nothing.

It worked in Europe so they're doing it here. Go ahead and keep giving ground, they'll keep taking it.

Everyone is speaking of this as if it is only for AR's. As I understand it, it is for handguns as well. So, from the moment this is passed there are almost no handguns or rifles that can be sold legally until manufacturers supply 7 round magazines. Is that right?

PS - there is a lot in this bill. If passed, you can now go to jail if you have a airsoft gun or replica on a school ground:

Whoever, not being a law enforcement officer, knowingly possesses or knowingly has under control in a vehicle a dangerous weapon, or an air gun, so-called BB gun, paintball gun, air rifle or air pistol or other smoothbore arm capable of discharging a shot or pellet by whatever means or replica of a firearm, large capacity weapon, rifle, shotgun, sawed-off shotgun, machine gun, assault weapon in any building or on the grounds of a public or private elementary or secondary school, college or university without the prior written authorization of the board or officer in charge of such elementary or secondary school, college or university shall be punished by a fine of not more than $500 or by imprisonment in the house of correction for not more than 1 year, or both, and may be arrested without a warrant.

Back
Top Bottom