MA: SEVEN ROUND MAG BAN! This is not a joke.

NRA & GOAL? Not that fast out of the gate?

It's normal/slow reaction time.

From what I've seen and heard, many of the gun owners in MA haven't even heard about this yet.
All the restrictions and bans have been kept off the TV news. If anyone has talked about this, besides talk radio, I've not heard it.
People who don't own guns, have no clue about anything but the new taxes.

A mass emailing went out from my club (WSA) yesterday morning (1/18/13).
Many members will spend this morning reading the gov's fine print, trying to make heads or tails of it.
Maybe 10% will head for the State house this morning.?.
But, many of those who don't own the effected weapons, will just go shoot some trap etc.. Not a concern to them.

So how is it legal to ban something purchased legally?? THIS IS BS

Because you can sell it [rolleyes]

- - - Updated - - -

I actually got a really fast reply from Ed Coppinger. Not crazy about his response, but at least he's reading his emails.

Then you need to step up and educate him. Otherwise he will believe what he is told from the other side. If you need help with educating him let me know. We have an organization forming for just this purpose!!!

How about this NRA, most of us on here are members, why dont you send some ****ing staff over here and help us out with shooting these bills down before they hit the floor. Good idea? Get it done or I will stop donating my hard earned money.

YES! GOAL only has 5 staffers.This is what we/they need! Someone who has experience fighting this fight and can jump in with both feet and work along side our GOAL staff from day 1! We can get ground pounders. But I need direction and I am sure a lot of us do!

Because you can sell it [rolleyes]

- - - Updated - - -

Then you need to step up and educate him. Otherwise he will believe what he is told from the other side. If you need help with educating him let me know. We have an organization forming for just this purpose!!!

Such hypocrisy. They're a problem in MA but it's ok to transfer that problem to another state.

Did you kindly remind that gentleman about our 2A INDIVIDUAL right to KEEP and bear arms for self defense as further confirmed by Heller? Be aggressive with these a**h***s. Most dont know the laws, court judgements or the ****ing constitution that they swore to uphold. Makes me want to puke. I'll call his ass on Tuesday.

Room 136Boston, MA 02133Phone: 617-722-2396Fax: 617-626-0706Email: [email protected]District Office12 Main Street P.O Box 436 Milford, MA 01757Phone: (508) 473-3063Fax: (508) 478-4420

The Heller decision was a very narrow one relating to a law in the District of Columbia and didn't set any sweeping new standard. The author of the Heller opinion, Antonin Scalia, is on record as saying in numerous interviews (I've heard him say it) that the 2A doesn't establish an "absolute right." Now, if the most articulate supporter of the 2A on the Court, probably the best informed textualist in the country, says that the 2A doesn't confer an absolute right then I doubt you're going to succeed with this argument. For us 2A advocates you really have give us something better than this - please do so.

YES! GOAL only has 5 staffers.This is what we/they need! Someone who has experience fighting this fight and can jump in with both feet and work along side our GOAL staff from day 1! We can get ground pounders. But I need direction and I am sure a lot of us do!

At this point, I also suggest calling the NRA-ILA. Most of us are NRA members and I think we need to lobby them to get their asses over here.

Has anyone made the point that the eighth round when located far more “safely” in a magazine must now be chambered to avoid a felony?

With such reduced firepower, the extra round in the chamber is far more important than before; responsible gun owners that previously did not carry or keep their guns with a chambered round will start to.

They are not looking for safety. They want control. This is done by making it almost impossible to comply. Make people who follow the law break it. Very simple, If we don't commit crimes, make it so we do. Then they get the guns, control, power....

And of course everyone will move to 45 Auto now.

Just got an XDs, doesn't mean I don't have the 7+1 mags. [laugh]

This bill sucks balls, just like the politicians that write them. I will fight them until they realize it's bullshit. Thanks to everyone at the capitols today, standing up for gun owners country-wide. I wish I could be there.

When confiscation arrives, OBAMA IS PRAYING THERE WILL BE VIOLENCE.

He will seize any opportunity to declare MARTIAL LAW - for an indefinite period.

Unless "Cryin" John "Ballsless" Boehner and other Pol's step up, all is lost.

i wont be giving up anything, they can shit in their hats and cram it over their ears. if you give up on what you believe in you are only doing what they want, you are being broken like a god damned horse. Welcome to New Russia.

When confiscation arrives, OBAMA IS PRAYING THERE WILL BE VIOLENCE.

He will seize any opportunity to declare MARTIAL LAW - for an indefinite period.

Unless "Cryin" John "Ballsless" Boehner and other Pol's step up, all is lost.

I know Obama is stupid, but is he that stupid? You don't just declare war on millions of armed people.
Not unless you are willing to use Nukes.

This has to be a joke. Only an idiot would agree on that.

Well, does anyone think they order billion+ rounds of ammo, thousands of coffin liners and got their fusion centers, FEMA camps, domestic drones, etc ready just cause they got nothing better to do with your tax money (the ones they didn't have to give to the FED)? Martial law is certainly a probable outcome, if not nationwide then statewide in multiple states, most likely southern states which still think constitution is relevant.

Makes me think your tinfoil is too tight.

I like how two relatively new people show up with the weirdo paranoia stuff.

It looks as if they plan to confiscate all mags > 10 rounds in a year. It will also put ranges that rent guns to use on the range out of business. I should have moved to FL instead of MA. Let the grandchildren come there and visit me. This is getting disgusting. The 1994 gun ban had no effect on the murder/manslaughter rate. This one won't either. It will just make criminals out of 45% of american households.

I can see the S&W model 627-8 suddenly becoming a wildly popular carry gun:

627-8shot.jpg

^ Thats cool, but that gold finish is painful. Don't do that to a fine looking gun. It makes you a bad person and you should feel bad. [wink]

I see a lot of internet bravado here over this. Many posters saying they will not comply, or they will not give up their guns/mags, etc.

I went to the rally at the state house yesterday. I had never been to a rally in my life. I drove 1 1/2 hrs to Boston with 5 others, co-workers, neighbors, son in laws, all like minded people. On the way in, I truly hoped I would see something big, something politicians would listen too. I was disappointed. The number of attendees was estimated at 1,000-1,500. I spoke to a Boston Police Lt. who said the rally was "about average" in size. He advised me the marijuana legalization rally filled the entire street, and common. Some type of transgender or cross dresser rally was three times the size. A particular gay and lesbian rally had 5x the attendees.

Spouting off online on this will not help any of us (unless it motivates others to action). Civil disobedience will not help either. You can hide all your hi caps under your bed or in your closet, and always be worried if they are ever found, because if they are, you are looking at a life altering 10 yr felony, with a minimum of 5 years served (as proposed). Think those mags are safe hidden away in your house? What happens if your house is B&E'd? Local police come to investigate and whoa, what do we have here? Or B&E guy does get your mags, gets caught, and dimes you out. Disgruntled wife, friend; the list goes on. I saw a very similar situation a couple years ago. Someones home was broke into, neighbor saw strange man coming out of house, police respond, and secure home awaiting homeowner. Homeowner responds and goes through house with local police finding three handguns were missing. Also finds his AR in closet with no trigger lock. AR was seized by police and they were actually discussing charging the homeowner with a felony. I was vocally adamant against that, but I do not work for that dept, and I don't know what happened. I will tell you over 95% of LEO's are against this law, but it only takes one. Your chances to be screwed go way up when the press becomes aware of any situation as well.

I was notified of this proposed legislation by a co worker. I in turn notified everyone on my email and phone list. I in turn asked all those to pass the word. I asked each of them to contact their reps. Yesterday I received about a dozen texts and emails over this from the chain coming full circle, people notifying me. I have called and written my rep and senator. That helps, but they are both on board with us already. I asked all my friends, family, and neighbors, and YOU to call and write your reps and senators as well. I called a rep that is not even mine, but one that I had spoken to at length during a North End (Springfield) anti crime initiative I was involved in. I spoke to her for over 20 minutes. At the end of the call, I asked her if she had received many calls on this subject, and she told me I was the first. She represents Springfield. I was disgusted to hear that.

United we stand, divided we fall. If we don't ALL collectively act, this will be law. We are subject to a triumvirate here in mass which is dangerous to begin with. Couple that with recent events and the open hostility toward guns and gun owners, we are screwed.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents,
unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.​

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.​

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.​

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.
Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!
The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.
With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.
During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!
If you value your freedom, please spread this antigun-control message to all of your friends.​

SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN!
SWITZERLAND 'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE.
SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!
IT'S A NO BRAINER!
DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.​

[/FONT]

I agree with all these points, but note a few things:

1. proposed/existing penalties are order of magnitude harsher than what's dished out for MJ and nothing compared to cross dressing/ being gay. Every actions has ....

2. assault on 2a is an assault on this country itself. We can debate budgets and parking fees, but any politician attempting to circumvent our constitution is a full blown domestic enemy and should be finished in politics. Agencies rate politicians on issues like economy, crime and "gun control". No, that's not an issue, that's a violation of his/her sacred oath and that politician is done in my book, no compromises. 2a is not for debate. There is no "little" betrayal. You can either support it, or not. You want to get tough on criminals, cool, but assault 2a by filing these shitty laws and you are lost to me forever.

I see a lot of internet bravado here over this. Many posters saying they will not comply, or they will not give up their guns/mags, etc.

I went to the rally at the state house yesterday. I had never been to a rally in my life. I drove 1 1/2 hrs to Boston with 5 others, co-workers, neighbors, son in laws, all like minded people. On the way in, I truly hoped I would see something big, something politicians would listen too. I was disappointed. The number of attendees was estimated at 1,000-1,500. I spoke to a Boston Police Lt. who said the rally was "about average" in size. He advised me the marijuana legalization rally filled the entire street, and common. Some type of transgender or cross dresser rally was three times the size. A particular gay and lesbian rally had 5x the attendees.

Spouting off online on this will not help any of us (unless it motivates others to action). Civil disobedience will not help either. You can hide all your hi caps under your bed or in your closet, and always be worried if they are ever found, because if they are, you are looking at a life altering 10 yr felony, with a minimum of 5 years served (as proposed). Think those mags are safe hidden away in your house? What happens if your house is B&E'd? Local police come to investigate and whoa, what do we have here? Or B&E guy does get your mags, gets caught, and dimes you out. Disgruntled wife, friend; the list goes on. I saw a very similar situation a couple years ago. Someones home was broke into, neighbor saw strange man coming out of house, police respond, and secure home awaiting homeowner. Homeowner responds and goes through house with local police finding three handguns were missing. Also finds his AR in closet with no trigger lock. AR was seized by police and they were actually discussing charging the homeowner with a felony. I was vocally adamant against that, but I do not work for that dept, and I don't know what happened. I will tell you over 95% of LEO's are against this law, but it only takes one. Your chances to be screwed go way up when the press becomes aware of any situation as well.

I was notified of this proposed legislation by a co worker. I in turn notified everyone on my email and phone list. I in turn asked all those to pass the word. I asked each of them to contact their reps. Yesterday I received about a dozen texts and emails over this from the chain coming full circle, people notifying me. I have called and written my rep and senator. That helps, but they are both on board with us already. I asked all my friends, family, and neighbors, and YOU to call and write your reps and senators as well. I called a rep that is not even mine, but one that I had spoken to at length during a North End (Springfield) anti crime initiative I was involved in. I spoke to her for over 20 minutes. At the end of the call, I asked her if she had received many calls on this subject, and she told me I was the first. She represents Springfield. I was disgusted to hear that.

United we stand, divided we fall. If we don't ALL collectively act, this will be law. We are subject to a triumvirate here in mass which is dangerous to begin with. Couple that with recent events and the open hostility toward guns and gun owners, we are screwed.

I didn't know what a triumvirate was, so I went and read the book reviews on "Three Men in a Room: The Inside Story of Power And Betrayal in an American Statehouse" and I understand a little better. The reason NY was able to pass their anti-gun agenda so easily was because of the level of corruption. Corruption of the governing process. Humm, that kinda reminds me of MA..

"I spoke to a Boston Police Lt. who said the rally was "about average" in size. He advised me the marijuana legalization rally filled the entire street, and common. Some type of transgender or cross dresser rally was three times the size. A particular gay and lesbian rally had 5x the attendees."

That's disheartening. I joked to my wife, that we have more people in state prisons, who want free sex-change operations, than we have MA gun owners.
she scoffed at me. (She's not too keen on moving to NH).

After all, this was a short-notice rally and a lot folks didn't get the word. Or folks who have yet to realize the seriousness of our current situation.
Perhaps next time we will be more prepared..

Soapbox:
We are small in number. But, without us around, how long will other groups be able to freely rally on the common?
After we are chased out, would it be 10 years before the only protesters allowed, were those seeking more free handouts from the gov?

I don't think we can convince the MA voters they will suffer badly under a more overbearing goverment, if the public is totally disarmed.
IMHO, They won't believe it, until they read a book about it, long years after it happens.

Maybe if they were given a TSA full strip search each time they boarded a local bus or train, or entered a shopping mall.?.
Maybe then? Maybe they would start thinking.. Is this getting worse every year? Maybe not.

Back
Top Bottom