MA resident with LTC searched in New Hampshire

I've ways been of the mind that, if you carry into NH in a vehicle without a permit, keep it visible and keep it unloaded. Tends to address any issues.

Quick question :
having a NH non-res permit and carrying concealed, if pulled over by police does one have to inform the officer that he/she is carrying?

No, though some people make the decision to inform the officer as a courtesy "just so there are no misunderstandings". I tend not to volunteer extra information as is my right. I know that down here a cop will know immediately if you have an LTC, but you're not legally required to volunteer the that you are carrying.

Last edited:
I've ways been of the mind that, if you carry into NH in a vehicle without a permit, keep it visible and keep it unloaded. Tends to address any issues.

Keeping it visible will create issues. If it is unloaded, legally speaking it doesn't matter whether it's concealed or not. Out of sight out of mind on 99% of traffic stops. Cop sees a gun on your seat or something, congratulations, you just made the traffic stop twice as long and potentially far more uncomfortable.

-Mike

I don't see how volunteering that you are carrying can help you in any way whatsoever! Unless required to by law, keep your mouth shut act like anyone else who got pinched for speeding or running the stop sign. Mentioning a gun can get one pointed at you!

This reminds me. My NH non-res is due to expire in about 4 months. Better start putting the paperwork together soon I guess.

If your address is current NH will send you a renewal app in the mail a month or two before expiration.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom