MA "Prohibited Person" buys a full auto AR from a "Dealer" - actually a fed - but did he know?

Was it Child World or Toys R Us that was on the access road off of Oak Street West? Which ever it was, it's an Ocean State now. There's a HF in Braintree that's not bad to get to even with the transit of Ranbury.

Cutting brake lines probably has a very low success rate.
Chances are they will be able to slow down once they know they have an issue
Chances are they would know before they got to a high speed
Not saying it has never been successful but seems like it is more of something they saw in a movie

Cutting brake lines probably has a very low success rate.
Chances are they will be able to slow down once they know they have an issue
Chances are they would know before they got to a high speed
Not saying it has never been successful but seems like it is more of something they saw in a movie

Back in the early 90's I was on I-190 doing maybe 110-120mph in a Monza. I was coming up on my exit so I eased off and had slowed to around 70 before even bothering with brakes, which I subsequently discovered I no longer had anyway. Engine braking got me down a somewhat reasonable speed to take my exit and I drove carefully for the next month with a vice grip pinching the blown out brake line, until I had the cash to fix it.

Brakes are overrated.

Back in the early 90's I was on I-190 doing maybe 110-120mph in a Monza. I was coming up on my exit so I eased off and had slowed to around 70 before even bothering with brakes, which I subsequently discovered I no longer had anyway. Engine braking got me down a somewhat reasonable speed to take my exit and I drove carefully for the next month with a vice grip pinching the blown out brake line, until I had the cash to fix it.

Brakes are overrated.

Did you rip the firewall due to the clutch cable binding in its housing? Monzas were notorious for that.

Did you rip the firewall due to the clutch cable binding in its housing? Monzas were notorious for that.

I think I only had it a couple years and don't recall much trouble with it except it drank oil like it was going out of style. I just poured in more oil and changed the plugs every couple months and it ran like a raped ape. It retired to Rhode Island where some guy used it hauling firewood for a while.

Monza amounted to a Vega with with a V8 (ok a small one). For it's day, this was a pretty fast car. It was NOT any Corvette, no.

I remember the Monza and of course what might be the worst American car every built the Vega.

I cut up many of them in my days working in the auto salvage business.

Was it Child World or Toys R Us that was on the access road off of Oak Street West? Which ever it was, it's an Ocean State now. There's a HF in Braintree that's not bad to get to even with the transit of Ranbury.

Oh TrU might have been there, too. Across the street was Frank's Nursery & Crafts. But all of that area was developed at or after the expansion in teh late 80's.

I miss going to that movie theater as a kid. :(. Mom would drop off me and my brother off at Woolies. We'd get a buck's worth of candy then head over to the theater. Buy a popcorn and 2 drinks and settle in. Afterwards, my mom was waiting or she'd meet us at JM or something.

On year - I forget why - the year that King Kong with Jeff Bridges came out - some guy had a giant fake Kong hand to take pictures on for $2 or something. I wish I saved that pic. Me and my brother sitting in that hand. LOL.

LOL. I remember my first time on a jury in 1988 or so. (Actually it was my only time to sit for JD.) The "booklet" they send you had poor directions to the Superior Court in FR. (Not sure how I found it - but I did.). And extensive "this is how you dress" instructions.

I think if I ever get called for jury duty again, I'm going in in Joe Pesce's movie usher outfit. LOL.

The general quality of the candidates hasn't really changed much. It's a reasonable cross-section of the area. There are a s-ton more people that live in the dense sections of FR and NB than the wiles of Freetown or Berkley. So they're gonna be "over" represented at jury duty.

Back
Top Bottom