MA - Man "Accidentally" Fires AK-47, Hits School

How does someone fire two rounds by accident ?

He probably pulled the trigger intentionally the first time, then twitched in surprise (or from recoil) the second time. Doesn't excuse the safety violation, but I don't think it justifies stripping his 2A rights either. Wonder how bad his hearing was messed up after letting two 7.62x39mm rounds off.

Yes - the 2nd Amendment is not up for interpretation. Are you equating this man to a murderer?

No one is equating an AD with murder. There is however the social contract theory with regard to rights which is frequently expounded on upon this board. Simply put, you abrogate your unalienable rights when you fail to exercise them in a responsible manner (the old yelling "fire" in a theater argument).

Let's go back to the early days of our Republic: suppose he AD into a school back then? What would his punishment been? Probably more severe than anything that he might be charged with today.

"never point a firearm at anything you don't wish to destroy, and treat all firearms as if they were loaded all of the time."

Mark L.

Don't take away his guns or license. Put him in jail for a while. Hopefully that will instill in him the need for safety.

Prison time or a hefty (really hefty) fine would work well.

So, a guy admittedly makes a mistake - some would say a huge one. He unleashes a couple of rounds, likely scares the shit out of himself, fries his ears, damages his house, embarrasses himself, owns up to it, but in the end - hurts....no one. So he deserves a trip to Cedar Junction with rapists, murderers and thugs? The depths to which some view the 2nd Amendment as some form of earned, licensed, elite privilege, is really sad...We have truly lost our way...This mans entire life is affected over a mistake which hurt nobody, but apparently himself. Let's string the son-of-a-bitch up. [thinking]

Story smells funny. I can see a small chance of someone accidentally discharging 1 round in the chamber thru total negligence. But two rounds means a loaded magazine was attached AND his finger was on the trigger. Sounds like someone playing rambo in his basement.

No, but I definitely am mixed about this. Someone with known anger issues, borderline personality disorder, and a few episodes of paranoid schizophrenia.. give him a gun when they are going through an ugly divorce?

Actually, on further reflection, you're right. Don't take away his guns or license. Put him in jail for a while. Hopefully that will instill in him the need for safety.

No one is equating an AD with murder. There is however the social contract theory with regard to rights which is frequently expounded on upon this board. Simply put, you abrogate your unalienable rights when you fail to exercise them in a responsible manner (the old yelling "fire" in a theater argument).

Let's go back to the early days of our Republic: suppose he AD into a school back then? What would his punishment been? Probably more severe than anything that he might be charged with today.

"never point a firearm at anything you don't wish to destroy, and treat all firearms as if they were loaded all of the time."

Mark L.

That's patently untrue. This man is being equated with a murderer when it is suggested he go to prison. My bet would be that in 1773, id someone lucky enough to have a basement was cleaning his musket one night and touched off a round, (two would be magic) and it traveled through his basement window and hit a school, that he'd likely be patching up the hole the next day. Feces occurs. I doubt seriously that he'd be shackled to a wall with the local diddler...

Wow, just, Wow. Thankfully no one was hurt, no excuse for his actions. I don't agree he should be stripped of his 2A rights forever, but, he should, at a minimum be made to take the saftey class & home protection classes, before any firearms are returned to him. Oh and restitution for the "victim", a bag of mortar and a trowel.

When I was young, I was working on a vehicle in a garage. I was negligent and it took off uncontrollably across the road and crashed.

Fortunately, no one was in its path to get hurt.

By the tone of this thread, I probably should never have driven again. At least my license should have been revoked on the spot.

I will never understand the mindset of a fudd.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Again, our views are 1) Irrelevant and 2) quite different from the majority of the people in the PRM that will read this in the news.

The take-away lesson that the Antis and Nons will get is that an Assault Rifle Fired by Itself at a School.

Dang! Those things are dangerous....whay would ANY sane person NOT belive that they should be taken off the streets.

Remember...we're a minority voice.

As an example - when Holliston Firearms opened, the local paper ran a nice "New Business in Town" article. No slant, just the facts. Then...the comments. Most were positive, but some were not. My favorite: "Why is there a gun shop in range of a candy store and a playground?" And, it was not intended to be ironic.

The guy in question f'd up...three rules, four rules, 10 commandments.....all a fail.

I'm sure that regardless of the outcome of the specific case, it will at minimum be fuel for the fire, at worst a causus belli for the Antis. "An Act Relative to the Extension of Gun-Free Zones Around our Schools" anyone?

Love to hear his story so we can avoid doing it. I am sure there is a "good" reason for his "multiple" accidental discharge, hmmmmmmm.
Maybe the was playing PS 3 and picked up the wrong controller. LOL

When I was young, I was working on a vehicle in a garage. I was negligent and it took off uncontrollably across the road and crashed.

By the tone of this thread, I probably should never have driven again. At least my license should have been revoked on the spot.

That. Good post...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

HTRN That wasn't in Northboro was it?

More fodder for the anti's. Wonderful.

Last edited:
Wonder how bad his hearing was messed up after letting two 7.62x39mm rounds off.

WHAT!

Not an AK guy but in order for this thing to fire off more than one round the mag was obviously in it, and assuming there was any kind of time elapsing between shots, wouldn't the AK's charging handle lock back so this Gomer could press check, that is of course only under the circumstance where he fired the first one off and possibly assumed that was the only round and pulled the trigger a second time intentionally maybe to ensure the weapon was dry? Just speculating on the thought process of a donkey, which can get one in trouble, but if this were the case he might be too stupid.

So you think a murderer, after serving his time for killing someone with a gun, should be allowed to get a gun after doing his time?

Well if I had my way a murderer wouldn't be able to hold a weapon of any kind after his sentence was up because he wouldn't begetting out of jail after a couple of years

So, a guy admittedly makes a mistake - some would say a huge one. He unleashes a couple of rounds, likely scares the shit out of himself, fries his ears, damages his house, embarrasses himself, owns up to it, but in the end - hurts....no one. So he deserves a trip to Cedar Junction with rapists, murderers and thugs? The depths to which some view the 2nd Amendment as some form of earned, licensed, elite privilege, is really sad...We have truly lost our way...This mans entire life is affected over a mistake which hurt nobody, but apparently himself. Let's string the son-of-a-bitch up. [thinking]

You are going waaaay off the deep end on this one. No one is saying that the 2nd Amendment is a form of "earned" right, but what they are saying, or at least I am saying, is that the shooter (whether it was an AD or an ND) failed to responsibly exercise his right. As a result, some form of censure has to me implemented. Let me ask you this MM: what action would you propose? This person has clearly indicated that he cannot use a firearm safely and poses a threat to himself and to others. The fact that no one was hurt, is immaterial.

Now many Fudds (the people who supported the 2A before you were probably even conceived of) who grew up with guns in gun culture states or regions (including parts of Mass) had one thing drilled into them over and over again, and that is gun safety and the responsibility that goes inherently with shooting and using a firearm. Back in the day, most of the same Fudds hunted and maybe even some of them were in combat against Japanese, Germans, Chinese, North Koreans, Vietnamese, and maybe even the Republican Guard in the first Gulf War. They know precisely what a firearm can do, and the damage that it can cause. How many of you have ever actually killed anything with a firearm? So many of the people on these boards came to firearms later in life, and come from a collectivist, kinder, gentler environment. They tend to poo-poo bolt guns, revolvers and single and double barrel shotguns as somehow quaint, not realizing the awesome destructive power that any firearm, even a .22 possesses. For them, gun safety is merely an intellectual exercise and guns are merely a recreational pursuit (nothing wrong with that). Part of real "gun culture" is knowing from an experiential, not intellectual basis, the inherent standard of responsibility that is necessary to exercise this sacred and unalienable right (in many ways the 2A is the most important of all because it provides the muscle and the means to ensure that other rights are exercised).

So MassMark...what do you suppose we do to this miscreant who has violated the social contract? It is quite apparent that he does not know much about either firearms or gun safety, or the responsibility that he has assumed by exercising his 2A rights? I am interested in what you would propose. You may not think it is a big deal, but for many of us (esp those who have seen the results of what a firearm can do, or have killed something or somebody) it is a big deal. To me this idea of responsibility is a major component of gun culture, one that has been honored and cherished for centuries. If you don't get that, then you would probably never make it in a so-called "free state."

Mark L.

Last edited:
You are going waaaay off the deep end on this one. No one is saying that the 2nd Amendment is a form of "earned" right, but what they are saying, or at least I am saying, is that the shooter (whether it was an AD or an ND) failed to responsibly exercise his right. As a result, some form of censure has to me implemented. Let me ask you this MM: what action would you propose? This person has clearly indicated that he cannot use a firearm safely and poses a threat to himself and to others. The fact that no one was hurt, is immaterial.

Now many Fudds (the people who supported the 2A before you were probably even conceived of) who grew up with guns in gun culture states or regions (including parts of Mass) had one thing drilled into them over and over again, and that is gun safety and the responsibility that goes inherently with shooting and using a firearm. Back in the day, most of the same Fudds hunted and maybe even some of them were in combat against Japanese, Germans, Chinese, North Koreans, Vietnamese, and maybe even the Republican Guard in the first Gulf War. They know precisely what a firearm can do, and the damage that it can cause. How many of you have ever actually killed anything with a firearm? So many of the people on these boards came to firearms later in life, and come from a collectivist, kinder, gentler environment. They tend to poo-poo bolt guns, revolvers and single and double barrel shotguns as somehow quaint, not realizing the awesome destructive power that any firearm, even a .22 possesses. For them, gun safety is merely an intellectual exercise and guns are merely a recreational pursuit (nothing wrong with that). Part of real "gun culture" is knowing from an experiential, not intellectual basis, the inherent standard of responsibility that is necessary to exercise this sacred and unalienable right (in many ways the 2A is the most important of all because it provides the muscle and the means to ensure that other rights are exercised).

So MassMark...what do you suppose we do to this miscreant who has violated the social contract? It is quite apparent that he does not know much about either firearms or gun safety, or the responsibility that he has assumed by exercising his 2A rights? I am interested in what you would propose. You may not think it is a big deal, but for many of us (esp those who have seen the results of what a firearm can do, or have killed something or somebody) it is a big deal. To me this idea of responsibility is a major component of gun culture, one that has been honored and cherished for centuries.

Mark L.

Expect him to patch the damage to the school. My guess is, he would. My other guess is: Lesson learned. He made a mistake. No one was hurt. If someone was indeed hurt, then I would expect he'd be held responsible.

I'm not going "waaay off the deep end on this one". If anything, it's troubling how many of you think he should be punished - that somehow his Second Amendment rights are connected to some "social contract". That's scary. Show me where the founding fathers connected the 2nd Amendment to a "social contract".

Yes. Seriously. He shot at a bleepin' school. TWICE! By living next to a school, he has more of a duty to be safe and responsible.

An accident is shooting your ass when getting into your SUV because your holster sucks. Gross retardedness is shooting a school... twice!

Discalimer: I drop my kids off at a school with close-by houses. I am probably not impartial.

If one of those neighbors demonstrated he cannot properly handle dangerous weapons near kids, then he shouldn't own said dangerous weapons near kids. Kinda like how they don't let sex offenders work as school chaperones. Yeah, you mess up once, tough chit.

Oh boy

he school. My guess is, he would. My other guess is: Lesson learned. He made a mistake. No one was hurt. If someone was indeed hurt, then I would expect he'd be held responsible.

I'm not going "waaay off the deep end on this one". If anything, it's troubling how many of you think he should be punished - that somehow his Second Amendment rights are connected to some "social contract". That's scary. Show me where the founding fathers connected the 2nd Amendment to a "social contract".

Well, I don't know how to gently put this to you, because you are a nice guy, but if you do not understand the social contract theory, then you do not understand the intent of the founding fathers, or very much about how these principles were incorporated into our Constitution and more importantly the Declaration of Independence.

I do not have the time or the space to elaborate, but you have to remember that Locke and Rosseau both who were influential thinkers, greatly influenced our founding fathers.

You would do well to explore the intellectual history of the American Revolution and how our Republic came to be. I am sure that there are others on this board who can wax more eloquently on the subject as it has been brought up many times.

Mark L.

Yeah, you mess up once, tough chit.
-taggart

I really hope your screen name isn't in honor of Dagny Taggart, because you sound like you may have some liberty issues. The guy did discharge into a school and needs to answer for that, but permanently removing a right (and you know that it will effectively, if not in fact,be permanent) because of this is crap. We had a perfectly good justice system with innocent-until-proven-guilty, due process, etc. but we got off track somehow and now it is all "crime prevention," "never let this happen again", blah blah. How about we wait until someone screws up, punish them if guilty, and let them move on with their lives when they pay their dues? Oh, and by move on, I mean restore all their rights.

Back to your post, if people who may be prone to violence or to screw up, but haven't yet, are preemptively denied their rights, what happens when someone gets in authority that feels that NES members might snap or folks who Google "guns" might go out and shoot someone and decides that we need to have our rights curbed?

So I can never make a mistake in life or I lose my freedoms? One speeding ticket? DL GONE. Late for work? NO JOB EVER AGAIN. I have NO desire to live in your world, sir.

Last edited:
To me this idea of responsibility is a major component of gun culture, one that has been honored and cherished for centuries. If you don't get that, then you would probably never make it in a so-called "free state."

Mark L.

Just caught your edit. So, this "social contract" is based on your interpretation of it? What other rights are based on "social contract" in your view? How exactly would my support of this mans Second Amendment rights - how my feeling that the 2nd Amendment is absolute, keep me from living properly in a free-state? Are you saying that if I say, move to New Hampshire, that I must assimilate into a "gun culture", that has lost it's way?

Back
Top Bottom