• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA - Man "Accidentally" Fires AK-47, Hits School

A Fisher Street resident has had his firearms confiscated and his license to carry a firearm suspended after a round from AK-47 assault rifle he owns damaged a window at the Armstrong Elementary School, located at 18 Fisher St., on Monday night.

Andrew J. Rullie, 30, of 10 Fisher St., told police Monday night that he accidentally discharged two rounds from his AK-47 in his basement. Police Chief Al Gordon said the rounds went through a cellar door window at 10 Fisher St., and across a neighbor's backyard before striking the window over the entrance to the school.

"I did it," Rullie told Westborough detectives when he was interviewed Monday night about the incident. Rullie told the detectives that he thought the gun was not loaded.....

http://www.thedailywestborough.com/...es-window-at-Armstrong-Elementary-School.html

.....Police immediately confiscated Mr. Rullie's assault weapon and also took possession of some handguns and rifles he had in his home. His license to carry a firearm has been suspended.

“He was very remorseful, but that doesn't mitigate that he endangered a lot of people,” Police Chief Alan R. Gordon said this morning.

Mr. Rullie is being charged with discharging a firearm without 500 feet of a building and wantonly injuring a school. He will be summoned to Westboro District Court at a later date.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20110503/NEWS/110509902/1116

Major fail. [thinking]

Didn't know you could "wantonly" injure "a school". Wonder what kind of bandage they used or if the building needed first aid or surgery?

Idiot.... It makes me want to scream when someone says they didn't think it was loaded. WTF! Check your firearm every time you pick it up! Finger off the god dam trigger.... Apparently this isn't common sense for a lot of people.

He was probably just testing out the schools gun-free zone. Conclusion: The school was in fact gun-free, however further measures will have to be taken to ensure the school is bullet-free. New signs will need to be made.

This story gets my blood boiling. [angry] 'I didnt know it was loaded.' [thinking]This could have ended really badly.

FAIL #1: Always point the muzzle in a safe direction
FAIL #2: Off Target, Off Trigger
FAIL #3 (pick one): Always inspect the condition of the firearm you are handling/ Always treat every firearm as if it were loaded/ Always keep firearms unloaded until ready to use.
FAIL #4: Never talk to the cops without a lawyer.

Kudos for being a stand up guy but, man, Captain Whoops of the USS Failboat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom