• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA LTC....Can I carry in RI???

I don't own any property in RI, nor do I work or own a business there. Are any of the border towns (Pawtucket, Central Falls, Cumberland) sympathetic to MA LTC holders in issuing RI non-res licences?

Avoid Pawtucket and Central Falls. One for just good common sense reasons (FYI: I live about a quarter mile from both), second because neither have responded to RIFOL about permit issuance:

http://www.rifol.org/References/RI_CCW_Permits.pdf

Also avoid Woonsocket because they may require a yearly shooting qualification, someone reported that on RIFOL awhile back. Could try Cumberland. Providence (the city police, not the AG) should issue you a permit (contact Daria Bruno or PM me [or another RI'er] for a lawyer if you want extra help re: Providence).

Personal Firearms Instruction - RI, CT, MA

THREAD RESURRECTION

I live in a bordering MA town.
I have a MA LTC.
I’m a DoorDasher.
I like to carry at all times.
Needless to say my job brings me into RI every time. Warren, Bristol, Portsmouth, Tiverton (actually my range is in Tiverton).

what’s going to happen if I get pulled over in RI?

Does the cop see that I am a MA LTC holder just by running my info?
If not, do I have to tell him/her that I’m CCW?

And most importantly, what will they do to me when and if they find out I have a pistol on my hip?

It’s sad and pathetic that I even have to ask this.

THREAD RESURRECTION

I live in a bordering MA town.
I have a MA LTC.
I’m a DoorDasher.
I like to carry at all times.
Needless to say my job brings me into RI every time. Warren, Bristol, Portsmouth, Tiverton (actually my range is in Tiverton).

what’s going to happen if I get pulled over in RI?

Does the cop see that I am a MA LTC holder just by running my info?
If not, do I have to tell him/her that I’m CCW?

And most importantly, what will they do to me when and if they find out I have a pistol on my hip?

It’s sad and pathetic that I even have to ask this.
What's going to happen if the cop knows you're carrying? You're going to jail. And at the very least you will lose your MA LTC, but probably will become a PP.... and jail time.

Back
Top Bottom