MA Gun Grab 2024: Senate bill S.2572

I have this suspicion that the special workgroup or whatever it is called the secretive group of folks creating the final bill will emerge with it at 10pm one evening and then it will be voted on a late night session and signed into law first thing in the morning. It would be par for the course in our great state. I assume they learned from the run on the dealers in 2016 and will make an effort to give us as little lead time as possible this time around. I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
I don't think they even need to bother with those types of shenanigans.
Nope, they don’t. They have a super majority and a governor who will sign any gun control legislation that they put in front of her. They only do those half-ass “listening tours” so they can line up some fop who has an LTC who says that he’s for “common sense gun control,” and then they say that they listened to both sides in crafting their legislation.

The only changes going on right now are that the dems who want to take credit for this are fighting as to whether they’ll get credit for whatever ends up in the final bill, and if it uses the cut and paste language that they received from the ngo telling them what to submit.

Having said that, I am a member of GOAL and I donate to them because I am amazed by their willingness to standup for our rights in the face of people who don’t care about the Constitution or the Supreme Court.

I asked them if they could please allow grandpersoning. I’m hoping my use of inclusive language helps sway them.

LOL ... Gun owners keep giving them ammo. It is cute you don't realize you are helping them f*ck you harder.

But keep talking, make it harder on the courts later on.

LOL ... Gun owners keep giving them ammo. It is cute you don't realize you are helping them f*ck you harder.

But keep talking, make it harder on the courts later on.

I personally don’t live there so I’m actually writing them in support of this bill. It honestly doesn’t go far enough, in my opinion. I want to start seeing full confiscation. Just out of boredom and because I like social experiments.

I HOPE this was sarcasm because begging for butt sex is unbecoming of you.

Ya, half of what I say is sarcastic and the rest of it is probably not worth a damn. But you’re right, that was a joke. This bill doesn’t affect me, but for what it’s worth I find the “grandfathering” beggars to be particularly pathetic.

I have a feeling they are adding anything they can to make it as difficult as possible on gun owners, including things like Maine's waiting period. We won't see it until near the end of this legislative session when it gets rushed through a with everything else over a couple days. Once it went to a committee for reconciliation it was/is "open season".

I have a feeling they are adding anything they can to make it as difficult as possible on gun owners, including things like Maine's waiting periods. We won't see it until near the end of this legislative session when it gets rushed through a with everything else over a couple days.
Unfortunately, I won’t be surprised to see a huge steaming turd pile of legislation rammed through. This is a golden opportunity for them and they know it

I have a feeling they are adding anything they can to make it as difficult as possible on gun owners, including things like Maine's waiting period. We won't see it until near the end of this legislative session when it gets rushed through a with everything else over a couple days. Once it went to a committee for reconciliation it was/is "open season".
When is the end of the legislative session? I see different answers online.

Unfortunately, I won’t be surprised to see a huge steaming turd pile of legislation rammed through. This is a golden opportunity for them and they know it

And they know we have no chance at the local/state court level and that it will be years before any part of it makes it to SCOTUS. And they also will not give a shit what SCOTUS will rule at that point, it will either have been altered in their favor or they will just ignore as states are already doing (and more will do as time goes on).

And they know we have no chance at the local/state court level and that it will be years before any part of it makes it to SCOTUS. And they also will not give a shit what SCOTUS will rule at that point, it will either have been altered in their favor or they will just ignore as states are already doing (and more will do as time goes on).

The rule of law is dead and gone 😵

The rule of law is dead and gone 😵

Yep, I think in 10-20 years the country is going to have a dramatically different look, and not in a good way, we've been sliding down the slope for a while but are now hitting the steep part. The Constitution will be ignored more and more and, subsequently, will matter less and less.

I have this suspicion that the special workgroup or whatever it is called the secretive group of folks creating the final bill will emerge with it at 10pm one evening and then it will be voted on a late night session and signed into law first thing in the morning. It would be par for the course in our great state. I assume they learned from the run on the dealers in 2016 and will make an effort to give us as little lead time as possible this time around. I hope I am wrong.
You aren't wrong 😢

Yep, I think in 10-20 years the country is going to have a dramatically different look, and not in a good way, we've been sliding down the slope for a while but are now hitting the steep part. The Constitution will be ignored more and more and, subsequently, will matter less and less.

These things usually reverse and go back (hard) the other direction. But I don't know how bad it has to get til that happens. It seemed like with Trump we were reversing but the powers that be were too entrenched for Trump.

True.

Makes you wonder why they're waiting. Or maybe that's just me.

I think it’s to let the big national and international players that pay for their campaigns to weigh in, so they can get all of their agenda and make this thing bulletproof so that it doesn’t get shot down in court

I think it’s to let the big national and international players that pay for their campaigns to weigh in, so they can get all of their agenda and make this thing bulletproof so that it doesn’t get shot down in court

That's one way of looking at it.

A just-as-probable way of looking at it is that they're aware it cannot be made bulletproof, and are seeking ways to phrase everything so that they can claim a win without actually getting one. The legislative history of this bill suggests that's exactly what might be happening, in fact.

We'll know eventually.

That's exactly what happened with Chapter 180 back in 1998.

With some luck someone will drop a lit cigarette butt in a trash can just when they're ready to push this new crap through and they all get trapped with nowhere to escape to.

Has anyone receive a reply from the committee members when emailed?
I have not unfortunately but not surprisingly. Sent emails and snail mail on March 18 and nothing but crickets. First post here BTW. Looking forward to becoming part of the nes family. This Thread has an unbelievable amount of information and opinion. 164 pages of it. I still haven't caught up with reading the whole thing but I'm trying LOL

This is very likely the plan because they know people will be mass-purchasing if they knew when the window will close. This is why I have been very undisciplined with purchases lately.

This is very likely the plan because they know people will be mass-purchasing if they knew when the window will close. This is why I have been very undisciplined with purchases lately.
I'm glad I'm not the only one lol I haven't been reckless per se, just haven't been as disciplined as I have in the past, I have been putting away a lot of the stuff I recently picked up for a 'rainy day' so that I can still have that excited new gun feeling

Back
Top Bottom