MA gun application advice

I have a question concerning the MA gun application process before starting. I am worried about answering the question wrong about appearing as a defendant in a criminal court case. Back in college, I was in a situation being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Another student I was with was in possession of marijuana on a campus that was completely dry and strict with campus police. The cops came up on us walking on campus and he threw the can in which the marijuana was in. We were all arrested due to the person not admitting it was his even though we had nothing to do with it. The next morning we went to the arraignment and it was thrown out and we had to just pay the court fees. This campus in particular was sending a bunch of arrests that probably could have been avoided to the court and for that reason the judge really didn't want to bother. I ran an advanced background check on myself and came up with no criminal record and it looked clean. I also got hired at a job that gave me a background check prior to being brought on. I want to see where people stand on this if they think since everything came up clean I should answer no to the question or if I should be honest since it was thrown out anyways. I just worry about bringing it up where they may not have seen it anyways and hurt my application. Any thoughts?

The check you can do on yourself is NOTHING like the one a PD does.

Disclose it with all the info like you stated above. Honesty pays off and it shouldn't negatively effect your application. Fail to disclose and it comes up on your BOP and you will likely get denied for lying and TPTB in EOPS has been pushing PDs to prosecute for perjury (you do sign the form under pains and penalties of perjury)!

what swatgig said...they already know that info and want to see how honest of a person you are for putting that down or not... I was in a situation where I had 4 Felony charges against me and they were all dropped ( all due to crossed papers in the mail) I explained ever thing I went through on the app and didn't have a problem at all get a LTC.

My nephew answered no on a job application. Thinking it was all cleared up. 4 days into the job they fired him. Not for the incident, because he didn't disclose it. Zero tolerance poliicy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

thats it? hahahaha. my buddies nick named me teflon in my 20's. when that question came up I wrote see second page. where i wrote a whole front side of an 8x11 sheet of my charges no convictions. the licensing officer was cool and had a good laugh and gave me LTC A. just be honest

Yep, just be honest. I have to explain two different 209a's on every renewal, and a charge of no pfd onboard when I was 16.

Also, a little tip. Keep a full copy of your application and all your responses. You will be doing it all over again on renewal.

I lost my original app in a move, and between 20 years, 3 kids, etc, etc it is hard to remember every detail. But you BETTER remember or it can come back and bite you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be honest. They will know. Charges were thrown out. You will get caught if you lie with a court record. Then it won't matter.

They will know for sure that you have been in front of a judge even if its been thrown out. Just tell the truth and it doesn't mean you will be denied for answering yes. If you get caught lying they will reject you.

Thanks for the responses, I feel comfortable answering the questions honestly now. I'm glad I came on here and asked first, was leaning towards answering no before.

Back
Top Bottom