• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Firearms Law - Public Safety Meeting in Natick tonight. Natick Residents!

I was in the house, Mr Wolf did a nice job highlighting the real problems and issues we face and throwing a small bit of education onto the general populace.

well, it went pretty uneventfull, I was getting ready for a blood bath of arguments and emotions running high.

Police chief did a decent, by the book description on law and regulations and to the credit of gun shops of Natick (GFA Arms and B&K Sales), he gave them high marks for having all the right paperwork required by law, and them being just another business like the rest of the retail shops, so it come out in a positive light

Mental orchestra director guy actually talked pretty well about that not all mental people need to be locked up, but then ended up with "no guns need to be in a home."

Linsky read out a few paragraphs from Mass MGL, with no personal comments.

Spilka touted her horn about doing a lot for her constituents and kids in the area of mental health.

School guy showed up with all the procedure books ... boring.

The Q&A started later ... bloodbath of emotions? Not really, a middle schooler complaining that despite all efforts school lunches still suck and kids still congregate in their cliques.
Another parent made comment that driving is probably the most dangerous part for his kids day and was concerned about kids getting traumatized by lockdown drills.
A mother actually made a good point that shooters can still get into school, even if it's locked, may be armed cops or other armed people in school make sense? Whoa, spark of brilliance.

Then we had two NRA instructors basically go verbally Chuck Norris and kick some ass, making simple and great points, while not alienating anyone. It also looked like we had quite a crowd of pro-gun people who showed up, there were applause. Brian also spoke. It was awesome.

Although there were no verbal bloodbath, Linsky's tongue was probably up his ass. I think that it was very clear that there were many pro-gun people in the room and some parents coming to their senses. If I were a moonbat, this would not be the place and time to pick a fight on gun control. For politician whores it's an indication where the wind blows, so everyone who showed up made a huge difference. I guarantee you that Mr. Linsky will be on guard next time he wants to dispense diarrhea from his mouth.

I'm going to post the instructors' speeches in a moment, unless you guys object.

Last edited:
Great job, guys.... sometimes this is all what it takes- just showing up- the antis cannot turn a public forum into their bully pulpit if even a few people show up that will keep things realistic instead of in their fairy-tale land.

-Mike

Thank you all for showing up and doing the right thing and a good thing. I've said it in a couple other threads around that I really do think the tide is turning our way, both in the courts, the legislatures, and in public opinion. It is because good people like all of you bother to show up and speak intelligently that we continue to hold ground, if not gain it.

Thanks again.

Thank you guys not only for the synopsis, but also for doing an awesome job in defending our rights! This went much better than I was thinking it would. It actually restores some of my faith that people are actually able to come to their senses a bit despite the many knee jerk reactions we have witnessed over the past week. Hopefully over the holidays more of the intensity will die down before the new proposals gain any traction.

Big thanks to those who voiced their opinions, and I am glad people are at least thinking, this give me real Hope.

Cheers

You did a good job Wolf. Like you said, it's not easy.

Linsky rolled his eyes every time a pro 2A person spoke, and sat up erect (the irony almost made me LOL) when the statist old lady got up asking the CLEO to perform warrantless random searches of any gun owners home at any time.

I was glad to hear lots of sane thoughtful responses from the residents of Natick and agree with the mothers that there needs to be a better plan than "Hide and Hope".

Linsky rolled his eyes every time a pro 2A person spoke, and sat up erect (the irony almost made me LOL) when the statist old lady got up asking the CLEO to perform warrantless random searches of any gun owners home at any time.

I think that there were 6-7 people asking questions, 3 of them were outright pro-gun, that mom was just didn't know about it, so all in all it's a good show of force.

Here are a couple of vids that I put through a suck filter (I can't film worth shit) Like MikeS said, you don't see the reaction on peoples faces, and I think that it was good.

[video=youtube_share;pMOj-2YYk0k]http://youtu.be/pMOj-2YYk0k[/video]

[video=youtube_share;chfglOcjj88]http://youtu.be/chfglOcjj88[/video]

Wow....great news. Thank you to the ones that went.

When I heard of this I was going to throw the suit on and go. But then I thought better. My frustrations this past week made me realize I was not in any mood to hear more BS, especially in person.

I am so glad that you guys went and the report your giving is a positive one.

I supported the cause in my own way. Took my 11yr old pin shooting.

colbypins.jpg

I have video of when the speakers were well, speaking, it's being shrunk so that it's not 8Gb, and something more manageable so that it can be put online. i have video of some of the questions from the Q&A, mainly from the good people, but I missed dipsh!t's reaction when he said "lets move along to the next question" after the first nra instructor spoke :( when it's ready, i'll link you guys.

Way to go guys. This is the way to do it with calm, rational points. Good to hear that it wasn't a full anti crowd. I'm beginning to be hopeful that there really is a silent majority out there that feels the way we do. Being not so silent in this type of forum is important.

Thnak you to all who went, whether you spoke or not. Unfortunately I was unable to attend.(had plans with the husband and figured it was not a good idea to change our plans yet again)

I am grateful for all who spoke. Perhaps it would be a good idea, for those of us who would speak in the future, to prepare some remarks now in case we get such long notice of meetings in the future.

Hope Linsky is realizing what way the wind is TRULY blowing on this issue.

Thanks to all who went.

I find most people are completely ignorant of the strict laws in this state regarding gun ownership. If they only listen to the MSM (and politicians), they think you can easily buy a machine gun at the 7-11. This is especially true for people that have only lived in MA and nowhere else. A little bit of education can go a long way. If I was giving a presentation at a meeting, I could think of a few slides that would easily drive home these points and most people would be surprised.

My GF recently applied for her license and is completely disgusted with the process - even more so since she had to go back three times just to drop off her application, taking off work each time because their office hours suck. After I let them stew a bit about the BS here, I inform them how it is everywhere else and then they really start to boil [smile]

I have video of when the speakers were well, speaking, it's being shrunk so that it's not 8Gb, and something more manageable so that it can be put online. i have video of some of the questions from the Q&A, mainly from the good people, but I missed dipsh!t's reaction when he said "lets move along to the next question" after the first nra instructor spoke :( when it's ready, i'll link you guys.

Why not post them to YouTube and send us the link? You can make them private if needed.

I too can't believe I haven't met MikeS...I went, expecting to have something to say after Linsky said his piece. I have to admit despite some minor mistakess about the differences between classA and classB LTCs he didn't say anything completely awful.

Chief Hicks did a bang up job and I loved that he gave a positive shoutout to the local stores.

I was the one who mentioned to the old moonbat that entering peoples homes would be a complete violation of the US Constitution...sadly she didn't seem to care.

Btw, for thosee watching dimsums video, the really wavy/crappy parts are when I held the camera...sorry.

Sent from my Obamaphone

You did a good job Wolf. Like you said, it's not easy.

I was glad to hear lots of sane thoughtful responses from the residents of Natick and agree with the mothers that there needs to be a better plan than "Hide and Hope".

We have to stop being civil to these statist communists who feel the Constitution is outdated, like the old bitty who wanted to do warrantless and random searches of legal gunowners.

Last edited:
Any writeup in the local papers? If so, make sure the initial comments are positive. Gotta stay on top of these things. Thanks again, and everyone else keep your eyes open for similar happenings in your towns.

In the 1970s Linsky was a Burns Security LT and carried an issued revolver. I believe his permit was issued in Grafton at that time.

Bet he carried his rounds in his pocket. Couldn't trust himself with a loaded gun!

Great job to all who were there!

Aloha

Great job guys, and thank you for representing. I've done a bit of speaking in a crowded room, and it's hardly an easy thing to do, even when you know your topic well. Sounds like you had a receptive audience at least.

Back
Top Bottom