m203 taser!!

I KNEW there was a reason I wanted an M79.....

Also, do you think they'll be coming out with a version for gas guns (37mm) soon?

Without being bothered to go check, I would presume they are just firing the 12ga version out of a 37mm grenade tube with an adapter?

The projectile, being developed by Taser International under a $2.5 million contract, is known as a Human Electro-Muscular Incapacitation or HEMI device. Taser will deliver the first prototypes for testing and evaluation early next year.

Wes Burgei, a project engineer at the US Department of Defense's Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate (JNLWD), says the self-contained cartridges should be able to hit targets 60 metres away - more than three times the range of the existing XREP shotgun cartridge (New Scientist, 29 August, p 20).

Looks like this is a legitimate 40mm taser cartridge.

emphasis is mine.

Looks like this is a legitimate 40mm taser cartridge.

emphasis is mine.
Alrighty then... I guess I should have gotten off my virtual duff and read huh?

The military applications are endless[rolleyes]

Gee, now we can deploy more troops to police the world - now with less lethal force!... [thinking]

I say we should train our marines to kill with kindness... [laugh]

p.s. mostly sarcastic, I'm sure someone could come up with a legitimate tactical use - though the more obvious "need" comes from "policing" exercises which we really shouldn't be asking our armed forces to do. Either abroad or here... (DEFINITELY NOT HERE)

I like my military all killy so that its purpose, function and rules of engagement are clear and its use is gauged accordingly...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom