• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Michigan police release footage of white cop fatally shooting black man in the head during struggle over taser after traffic stop

That entire event was actually sad to watch.
From the play dumb games by the driver to the extent of force applied for a attached plate.
Then ending in someone getting shot.

IDK what to say about it.
Police trained to make you comply and police escalate the force until you do
Crazy and sad. Im shocked police even bother to pull cars over anymore
Just a small correction. Police do not escalate the force. They are trained to use a level of force dictated by the subjects perceived actions. It's based on what the subject does. I would refer you to the Use of Force Continuum which is used pretty widely in the US. Now in today's day & age, if the guy wasn't an obvious violent felon and he just bolted, for me there's a good chance I'm not breaking a sweat. I'd tow the car, look for other evidence, try to ID him and file for an arrest warrant. Then I'd take my time and get 4 hrs of OT writing the report/paperwork.

Well, the left claims that a taser is a deadly weapon when used against someone. Soooo, if that same taser is going to be used against a police officer, then deadly force should be an option. Right? Can't have it both ways....

Well, the left claims that a taser is a deadly weapon when used against someone. Soooo, if that same taser is going to be used against a police officer, then deadly force should be an option. Right? Can't have it both ways....
You’re a racist!

The deadliness is also in context. If you are carrying a gun and someone tases you (with a real Taser), they now have access to your gun and have demonstrated the propensity to use violence against you. Should a cop allow himself to be tased to avoid shooting, trusting the assailant not to steal his/her gun and fire an anchoring shot?

Last edited:
I'm not really sure why any cop is wasting their time chasing after someone for a license plate violation. Even if the car or plate were stolen, they're just going to get tossed back if they get caught. That's a lot of effort for little gain.
That person challenged the "I have the power and am in charge and you are not" mantra by which authority figures of any kind live.

Using a taser on a cop is 'deadly force' because the cop is incapacitated, leaving his pistol available to the attacker. If you hold the trigger down, the ride doesn't stop after 5 seconds, it can go until the battery dies on some models.

Using a taser on a cop is 'deadly force' because the cop is incapacitated, leaving his pistol available to the attacker. If you hold the trigger down, the ride doesn't stop after 5 seconds, it can go until the battery dies on some models.
I know.

There was a liberal DA about a year ago claimed that the use of a taser by the police constituted deadly force. I can't find the damn article now...

Coulda been worse.

Imagine if the cop had made a bogus pretextual stop.

Imagine if the cop had jerked teh decedent out of the car
like a bad molar - but for insufficient reasons.

Etc.

Not saying those are the norm.
Just saying those reindeer games aren't a good mix with a fatal shooting.

I bet if NES's LEOs are willing to take a deep breath,
they'll have opinions about how they'd physically manage
some dumbass who jack-in-the-boxed out of a car at a traffic stop.
That's over my pay grade - I just know there's got to be Best Practices.

Wonder if it was just someone skinflinting -
sharing plates between vehicles,
or transferring them without following DMV rules.
Versus they were stolen plates or a stolen car.

Man oh man, if the cop ran the plates and they actually came up stolen,
he really screwed up by making the neutral accusation on-bodycam
that the plates merely didn't match the car description.
Being threatened with a taser is considered grounds for lethal force. A taser can disable you and put you at the scumbags mercy and he can get your gun.

However, it sounds like the taser had already been deployed. All that really leaves him with is an ouch machine.

Either way, this guy played stupid games and won stupid prizes. I would have given him about 10 seconds to get back in the car and then cuffed him. Probably get fired and sued for it these days, but that’s how you handle it.

Being threatened with a taser is considered grounds for lethal force. A taser can disable you and put you at the scumbags mercy and he can get your gun.

However, it sounds like the taser had already been deployed. All that really leaves him with is an ouch machine.

Either way, this guy played stupid games and won stupid prizes. I would have given him about 10 seconds to get back in the car and then cuffed him. Probably get fired and sued for it these days, but that’s how you handle it.
Police tasers generally have two shots, then the drive stun mode is all that is left.

... this guy played stupid games and won stupid prizes. I would have given him about 10 seconds to get back in the car and then cuffed him.
It would be an overly trusting cop who didn't frisk the driver
once he jack-in-the-boxed out of the car -
regardless of what he did with the driver after the frisk.

Plenty of idiot drivers do that without getting frisked,
but that's just their dumb luck - not an entitlement.

Probably get fired and sued for it these days, but that’s how you handle it.
Objectively, any department which would throw an officer under the bus
for frisking that idiot wouldn't be worth working for.

Sure, sure. (I even independently reached that conclusion pre-@Rob Boudrie-post).

I'm just saying that it seems like a presumptively good stop
that went off the rails instantly through no fault of the cop's.

I do wonder if the cop's cruiser had a sooper-automated license plate cam.

If not, there's probably wiggle-room for people to bleat that they
were racially profiling with license plate checks on cars Driven While Black.
(Which of course is just hot air until/unless they analyze the stats
of all the plate checks done on the roll).

Real simple, you get pulled over, stay in car and comply with Officers commands. If you resist and get out of car and fight with cop all bets off. Got pulled over in Lancaster, Ma a few weeks ago. Kept hands on wheel until Cop approached vehicle. Asked Cop what was the reason for my being pulled over and he replied 45 in a 30 mph zone. He laughed at my Trump, "Lets go Brandon" bumper stickers, checked my license and Registration and said have a nice day.

they
were racially profiling with license plate checks on cars Driven While Black.
(Which of course is just hot air until/unless they analyze the stats
of all the plate checks done on the roll).
It's getting to the point where most of what I want to reply to people would get me labeled a complete bigot, even if that's not the straight up meaning of what I am saying.

This hasn’t caught on in the media at all. A mention of it a few days ago when the video was released then it disappeared. I doubt there is an6 sympathy for the dead guy, he earned his death.

How soon before crump stops taking the families phone calls? Lol

Michigan police officer charged with murder in Patrick Lyoya shooting​

Patrick Lyoya, 26, was on the ground when he was shot in the head by Grand Rapids Officer Christopher Schurr, prosecutors said​

A Michigan police officer who fatally shot a Black man in the back of the head as he was on the ground during a traffic stop was charged Thursday with murder.

Grand Rapids Officer Christopher Schurr faces a second-degree murder charge in the killing of 26-year-old Patrick Lyoya, Prosecutor Chris Becker said. The shooting was recorded by a bystander.

"The death was not justified or excused ... by self defense," Becker said.

Every cop in Michigan should bang out sick tomorrow and every day after until the changes are dropped.
Yup, what a f***ing joke these DA's have become. They don't want to lock black men who are violent criminals and then prosecute cops who do their jobs. There's going to be a reckoning soon and it's not going to be good for the leftist DA's and their backers.

Once you decide to fight a cop the cop has no duty to try and think about how much you intend to hurt him, that cop will, and is entitled to, defend himself by whatever means required.

What are these cops supposed to do, engage in an English Rules boxing match? You want to fight a cop and it goes bad it's what happens when you make a stupid decision.

You get into a traffic accident with Lyoya, he has no lic or reg. He won't give you any information so you pick up your cell to call the police but he jumps you and starts fighting you. You are carrying for personal protection, do you defend yourself?

Does it really matter how you shoot someone in the act of defending yourself from a assault and battery or do we engage the he should have shot him in the leg crowd?

Pieces of Shit! Open season on Cops and us white folks. The American public better wake up and convince these racebaiters/SJWers that things will not end well for them if society breaks down and they become the hunted.

Back
Top Bottom